Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Oh Jesus have you been in contact with my father? He suggested this, he also told me he will get some carrageen moss and boil it so I can drink that. I used to be dosed with this as a child, Im now afraid to go home!
    What could I take with the garlic to make it easier to swallow? (hot whiskey maybe)

Daughter, it helps if you eat the garlic while doing Yoga (although I'm not entirely sure what this is:) ) best Da!

I eat it raw but a bit of a biscuit should do the job, I find it brilliant

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Oh Jesus have you been in contact with my father? He suggested this, he also told me he will get some carrageen moss and boil it so I can drink that. I used to be dosed with this as a child, Im now afraid to go home!
    What could I take with the garlic to make it easier to swallow? (hot whiskey maybe)

Maybe 2 hot whiskeys :)
    Get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Daughter, it helps if you eat the garlic while doing Yoga (although I'm not entirely sure what this is:) ) best Da

I eat it raw but a bit of a biscuit should do the job, I find it brilliant
    Goodnight Daddy.
    TbL
    I will leave the yoga yet for fear of dislocating something.
    Maybe 2 hot whiskeys :)
    Get well soon.
    Thanks, by the time I have the whiskey, the biscuits and garlic consumed I will have to leave a bucket beside the bed.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

I will leave the yoga yet for free of dislocating something.

Thanks, by the time I have the whiskey, the biscuits and garlic consumed I will have to leave a bucket beside the bed.;)

sounds like a lovely concoction:eek: you'll definitely need the bucket:D

Ososlo wrote: »
    sounds like a lovely concoction:eek: you'll definitely need the bucket:D

I might nt need the breakfast at all tomorrow:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sunday
    I'm better! The Bitter Lemon can set up an out patients clinic in Connemara on the bases of having cured me (the cure was worse than the illnesses, raw garlic is not for the faint hearted and I couldn't leave the house cause I stink).
    I didn't run today but I did 30 minutes pilates and will be back to it tomorrow.
    I m going to attempt to cut the rubbish from the diet for a while, Im terrible lately and while Im getting away with it because of the running it cant be good. Any tips for helping with this? What can I replace chocolate with?

Weeks total 20 miles:mad:

Sunday
    I'm better! The Bitter Lemon can set up an out patients clinic in Connemara on the bases of having cured me (the cure was worse than the illnesses, raw garlic is not for the faint hearted and I couldn't leave the house cause I stink).
    I didn't run today but I did 30 minutes pilates and will be back to it tomorrow.
    I m going to attempt to cut the rubbish from the diet for a while, Im terrible lately and while Im getting away with it because of the running it cant be good. Any tips for helping with this? What can I replace chocolate with?

Garlic obviously! The cure for all evil:D Honest answer? There is no replacement. Just don't buy it and if it's not in the house you can't eat it.
    Great to hear you're better. I took Yaboya's advice and took an extra day off when I thought I was recovered, just to be sure.

Ososlo wrote: »
    Garlic obviously! The cure for all evil:D Honest answer? There is no replacement. Just don't buy it and if it's not in the house you can't eat it.
    Great to hear you're better. I took Yaboya's advice and took an extra day off when I thought I was recovered, just to be sure.

I know if I can do without it for a couple of days I will be grand, it will be like lent in reverse! I really wanted to run today but resisted so Im treating today as my extra day;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Sunday

Great, I swear by it. The clan go fecking nuts when I take it though as it really stinks the house up. Apparently a bit of parsley neutralises the stink, never tried it, not that considerate :)

Keep taking it for a day or two.

TbL

:(
    Great, I swear by it. The clan go fecking nuts when I take it though as it really stinks the house up. Apparently a bit of parsley neutralises the stink, never tried it, not that considerate :)

Keep taking it for a day or two.

TbL

Thanks a mil, I put lots of Garlic in with the roast today in the hope that everyone in the house will smell but there is a big difference between the smell of raw and cooked garlic:( Its all for the greater good. The parsley doesn't work we tried it on my Dad years ago, he takes raw garlic everyday!

• Advertisement

Monday 7 miles easy. Tues-13 mile Lsr, Wed 7.1 easy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Good going the last few days, did you find another target race yet?

Thursday
    5.5 miles.

Staying off the sweet stuff so far and surviving:rolleyes:

adrian522 wrote: »
    Good going the last few days, did you find another target race yet?

Hi A, plan on having a go at the local 5 miler on Easter Monday, I think the route is 5 miles of the HM route.

Friday- 8.5 miles with 6 at HMP
    1 mile warm up, 6 at HMP 7.59,7.36,7.44,7.43,7.46,7.50, 1.5 cool down

I was really happy with this, the HMP miles were comfortable, I could have continued at that pace. Plan on a few recovery miles tomorrow and rest Sunday:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

That's a deadly session. Well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

You're flying it. Is the target time still sub 1:45?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You realize tomorrow is Saturday right? Or are you predicting tomorrows paces?

Beef wrote: »
    You're flying it. Is the target time still sub 1:45?
    Thanks Beef, I started out as sub 1:48 as target but I'm wondering now if I might try for 1:45! It would be a bit of a stretch but worth a try maybe.

You realize tomorrow is Saturday right? Or are you predicting tomorrows paces?

I really thought today was Saturday! And I told the kids that tomorrow is Easter Sunday:confused:

• Advertisement

Legally you have to give them Easter eggs tomorrow in that case.

Legally you have to give them Easter eggs tomorrow in that case.
    I know!!! Sure they are expecting it for breakfast after been off sweets and chocolate all lent.

Friday- 8.5 miles with 6 at HMP
    1 mile warm up, 6 at HMP 7.59,7.36,7.44,7.43,7.46,7.50, 1.5 cool down

I was really happy with this, the HMP miles were comfortable, I could have continued at that pace. Plan on a few recovery miles tomorrow and rest Sunday:D

Great session today Sam. Well done:D
    So you're racing Monday? 5miler? Or did I get that wrong. What's the target?

Hmmm good question! Hoping to get near to 37, PB is 39.30 I think. I will give it my best shot. It is on Monday, hoping for a calm day.

Hmmm good question! Hoping to get near to 37, PB is 39.30 I think. I will give it my best shot. It is on Monday, hoping for a calm day.

I'll be stuck in a hovel in the middle of nowhere for the next few days and internet signals don't tend to be the best so I'll wish you the best of luck now!
    As has been said already, you're really flying it these days and your training has been great so no reason you won't have a good shot at that. Hope you get a decent day for it and it's not too warm. Don't overdo the easter eggs now on Sunday and you'll smash it!

Thanks a mil, I'm staying off the chocolate on Sunday since I have managed thus far, will have a nice none chocolate dessert instead. Enjoy the weekend.

Saturday(definitely Saturday)
    3 miles recovery , 30 min pilates. This run was very valuable as I discovered my new hair clip is faulty and hair nearly drove me mental falling down, might have to wear a hair net on Monday:P

42 miles over 6 days.

Monday- 5 mile race PB 36.44(previously 39.30)

Stayed off the wine and the chocolate yesterday and had an early night in preparation for this.
    Very warm here today and I didn't dress accordingly as I realised on my warm up mile. Anyways lined up and off we went 1 st mile( 7.15) was ok felt it was a bit too fast though, mile 2 (7.20) and I was beginning to feel the heat and was thirsty but soldiered on, mile 3(7.39) I was struggling but got a drink of water and tackled the 1st hill, got over it ok and struggled on. Mile 4 (7.20) contained a very big hill and I felt ****e but I was in a bit of a battle to keep a head off the person behind me as we had been over take each other the whole way along, if it wasn't for that I would have walked:eek: Got over the hill and put the foot down, turned into a lovely breeze, mile 5 (7.10). I m very happy with the time but it was very hard work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Super running. Well done really nicely paced :D

• Advertisement

Excellent race, congrats on the big PB!!

Advertisement