Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Well done Sam, glad to see all the work being rewarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Great race Sam looking at the splits you ran very smart and finished strong (always a plus) I say it won't be too long before you are revising that down again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Well done SfM, solid racing, hard work starting to pay off. Some willpower staying off the chocolate yesterday!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Great stuff Sam.
    Sounds like you put it all in out there.
    Enjoy the chocolate. Tastes much better when you feel like you've earned it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Thank you kindly everyone. Regarding the chocolate if I break out I will be like the nun on Father Ted! There are now 21 easter eggs in the house and only 3 children, its crazy. Im finding it much easy to give it up than I thought, next stage is to cut out the drink till after HM but I have a wedding next Saturday and it will wait till then:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

We'll done great result your hard work is paying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Well done. That's a great pb. Was the wind an issue at all? Very windy here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Delighted for you Sam:D You really are going from strength to strength. You're gonna do a fantastic half. Best of luck with the rest of the training.

snailsong wrote: »
    Well done. That's a great pb. Was the wind an issue at all? Very windy here.
    Thanks snailsong. I thought the wind would be an issue but 2 miles of the race was through the woods so there was shelter and it was so hot I was delighted to eventually face into the breeze. I was sweating buckets:eek:
    Ososlo wrote: »
    Delighted for you Sam:D You really are going from strength to strength. You're gonna do a fantastic half. Best of luck with the rest of the training.

Thanks a mil, those 5 miles are part of the HM route, will have to set a firm goal for HM, must check what pacers there are first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

I think it was 1:30, 1:45, 2:00 last year. I was in the 1:30 group for a while...:(.

• Advertisement

snailsong wrote: »
    I think it was 1:30, 1:45, 2:00 last year. I was in the 1:30 group for a while...:(.
    Well in that case I would be tempted to give 1:45 a shot. Will you be there this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Congrats sam. i'd say your thrilled witj that.Was there a big turn out?

Congrats sam. i'd say your thrilled witj that.Was there a big turn out?
    Thanks John, not a great show simply because it wasn't advertised enough. There was a good few from the athletics club though. It was well run but late starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Absolutely delighted for you :D You will have to rethink you're 10km goal now as well :)
    I'm sure you'll have no problem with 1:45, but don't be afraid to push on if you're feeling good for the last bit.. You're good for it..

I'm gonna have a glass of wine now to celebrate you're good performance today :D

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted for you :D You will have to rethink you're 10km goal now as well :)
    I'm sure you'll have no problem with 1:45, but don't be afraid to push on if you're feeling good for the last bit.. You're good for it..

I'm gonna have a glass of wine now to celebrate you're good performance today :D
    Oh do good man yourself! If I get near the 1:45 I will be happy, I think the key to me running well in races is to target some poor devil I want to beat. Heading to Galway myself at the weekend, wedding in Salthill hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Oh do good man yourself! If I get near the 1:45 I will be happy, I think the key to me running well in races is to target some poor devil I want to beat. Heading to Galway myself at the weekend, wedding in Salthill hotel.

I'd back you to easily beat 1:45 going off that 5 mile time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Well done on the PB, great running. As others say 1.45 is a soft target now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Salthill hotel.. Nice. Wasn't there in a while though. Have a good time and enjoy yourself. I'll even allow you just an easy run the day after :D

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I'd back you to easily beat 1:45 going off that 5 mile time ;)
    tang1 wrote: »
    Well done on the PB, great running. As others say 1.45 is a soft target now.

Hmmm, did I mention how hard it was:pac: Thanks though, will do my best not to disappoint;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Congrats Sam! Great race, and super PB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

I think there is one in Foxford in mid April and kinda hoping for sub 48, current PB 49.25 and that was a good while back.

Congrats on great PB in the 5 miler...on what sounds like a tough course!! You can definitely rethink your time for the 10k....I know the HM is your target race but with your run on Monday, even if you add on another one of your 'slower' miles (and they were far from slow!!) from Monday you are already sub 47 for the 10k :) Well done Sam - great log

FITZA wrote: »
    Congrats on great PB in the 5 miler...on what sounds like a tough course!! You can definitely rethink your time for the 10k....I know the HM is your target race but with your run on Monday, even if you add on another one of your 'slower' miles (and they were far from slow!!) from Monday you are already sub 47 for the 10k :) Well done Sam - great log

Thanks FITZA, wont be able to do the Foxford 10km unfortunately as we have a wedding in Galway. I will definitely be looking out for one for after the HM to see if I can go sub 47 though! Its always good to have something lined up to keep the motivation high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭rob w

Well done on the new PB.....nicely done!:cool:

Tuesday- 7.3 easy, legs sound after yesterday.

Wednesday-15.25 LSR, last 5 miles were tough because it was really warm ( now that monsoon season has ended in Mayo we have very balmy weather, who would have expected such a tropical climate in Mayo:D). I got new runners 2 months ago and switched from Asics to Saucony and for some reason they blister both feet on any run over 5 miles, on the arch of my foot,today I had plasters on but still have the mother of all blisters. Im ready to fling them into the nearest skip but they were 130 euro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Might be worth doing your long runs on the old runners and the short ones on the new ones until they are properly broken in or are the old ones beyond use at this stage?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Might be worth doing your long runs on the old runners and the short ones on the new ones until they are properly broken in or are the old ones beyond use at this stage?

The trouble is I have really worked hard at breaking these in and its not getting any better, have been using old ones as well. I have a bit left in old ones but don't want them worn out completely as I will take then on the hols with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Only catching up now Sam - superb race - well done.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Only catching up now Sam - superb race - well done.

Cheers Tom. Hope you had a good trip:D

Thursday
    6 miles super easy. Had to do this on the football pitch but it was lovely running on the grass.

• Advertisement

Friday 6.5 miles steady

I didn't do much looking at the watch doing this, was in a bit of a rush for hairdressers! Miles were between 8 and 8.15 although it felt harder. Have 41 miles in this week, may or may not run on Sunday depending on how lively tomorrows wedding is:D

Advertisement