Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke City v Manchester United | 3PM | Setanta Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How come Ferdinand isn't even on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Carrick and clev are so bad at passing the ball. predictable and no fast tempo at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Liam O wrote: »
    Shìt cross after shìt cross after shìt cross after shìt cross...

Welcome to Old Trafford! Where our wingers can't cross, we play defenders in midfield, and midfielders in defence!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

How come Ferdinand isn't even on the bench?

Injured I think or else he either tweeting about something or selling a few baseball caps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mata:"estúpida decisión venir aquí!" :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Injured I think or else he either tweeting about something or selling a few baseball caps.

Rio was available, just not included in the matchday squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

nullzero wrote: »
    Another shambles against stoke

Not trying make excuses but its a ****ing awful setting. The weather is crap and its been more like a game of Gaa football then soccer. ****ing hate playing Stoke always seems to be a horrible game that when we win its ****ing scrappy ****e.

Never a pretty moment in the Britannia .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Disgusting game so far Stoke players hacking the f*ck out of Man U. Cowardly play from Carrick for the goal. This would be a massive three point for us if we could pull it out of the bag, especially 'playing into the wind' in the second half. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

From Eurosport, so apt.
    That's half time. Stoke deserve their lead almost as little as Manchester United deserve any credit at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

People complaining about Fletcher not being brought on are ignoring the fact that he has ulcerative colitis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Carrick needs to man up. But I think everyone is right, we have little attacking threat at all. Too predictable again.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liam O wrote: »
    Shìt cross after shìt cross after shìt cross after shìt cross...

Crosses into the box aren't really the clever way to get at Stoke tbh. I still expect utd to win as they can't be as bad as they ahve been surely, but obviously the injuries don't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pro. F wrote: »
    People complaining about Fletcher not being brought on are ignoring the fact that he has ulcerative colitis.

If he isn't fit enough to come on he shouldn't be using up a bench spot!

Pro. F wrote: »

We all know that, but why is he on the bench if he can't play? Surely we would use his spot for someone else if we can't use him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

titan18 wrote: »
    From Eurosport, so apt.

On the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Put the ball on the ground and pass it on the ground and run with it. Waste of time hitting it in the air .
    Mata Rooney and rvp up front have to start playing football.

Stoke are such a nasty piece of ****. I hope they go down. Reminds me of underage football matches away in cabra. May as well be a boxing match.

5starpool wrote: »
    Crosses into the box aren't really the clever way to get at Stoke tbh. I still expect utd to win as they can't be as bad as they ahve been surely, but obviously the injuries don't help.

We have been awful this season. I can only see us drawing this game. We're far too predictable and I felt with Mata that would change, but it hasn't.

edgecutter wrote: »
    We have been awful this season. I can only see us drawing this game. We're far too predictable and I felt with Mata that would change, but it hasn't.

Even with that as a boost, something still isn't right, whether it's the players not buying into Moyes' stategy fully or just the self belief they've always had is gone, but something hasn't been right all season. It's perplexing really, even as an outsider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Mata wont paper over the cracks .WE play like a managerless team ,which is pretty much what we are . This will end bad ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

5starpool wrote: »
    Even with that as a boost, something still isn't right, whether it's the players not buying into Moyes' stategy fully or just the self belief they've always had is gone, but something hasn't been right all season. It's perplexing really, even as an outsider.

Not trying to start an argument with any Utd supporters, BUT, SAF was able to turn that squad into a league winning side, he's gone, and while Moyes is a good manager, the players just arent there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Yeah, and this is his second game. How many games will it take for one player to turn around a whole season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Zaha set up a goal for Cardiff there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

We all know that, but why is he on the bench if he can't play? Surely we would use his spot for someone else if we can't use him.

As far as I understand with UC it's very unpredictable how you will be throughout the day. Good one minute, suffering the next. He had the operation, which isn't supposed to be that effective, and he still looks gaunt as fook, so I would guess the disease is still causing him a lot of trouble.

Moyes might be putting him on the bench knowing that it's not certain he will be able to play. It's not like Moyes has many other CM options to chose from anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

When is the ref going to start carding Stoke players? Constantly leaving one in after the ball is gone

Get in!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Gwan

Class Robin. Get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

GET IN YOU SEXY BASTARD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

YYYEYYAYEAYAAAAAASSSS. TOP TOP FINISH

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What a link up and what a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Nice one,come on to fu*k now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

About time, we fully deserve that goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

The difference between having a quality finisher in the team. No disrespect to the potential of wellbeck but he would have turfed it over the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Unsure whether that should have been called offside, but don't mind :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Go United!!!!!

• Advertisement

Ref is uselss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Two game two goals for Van Persie and two assists for Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Mata & RVP!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

2 assists 2 games bhoyy

• Advertisement

I'll be amazed if they don't push on and win now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

What a clearance by Carrick there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Mata RVP is some partnership..

Rooney being outdone! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Should have been flagged offside alright. Good finish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Well done Carrick, first the ball up for the equaliser was class then two minutes later his clearance prevented a goal

People say a lot about Youngs diving and yeah its embarrassing when it happens but he has been chopped down all through the first 50 minutes of this game and the ref is just happy to let it go on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Get the cards out ref ffs, he is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Get the cards out ref ffs, he is a joke.

In fairness that was T Clev's fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ah fcuk sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ah come on like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement