Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American gf wishes to live here permanently.

Options
  • 01-02-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi, we've read up on this a bit but i'd like to see if anyone has any information on it here.

Basically, we've been moving back and forth between here and the US to be with each and we're finally ready to live together. Can she live here with me permantly? She won't be reliant or a burden on the state and has no convictions etc. She's also college educated.

If there's any difficulty will getting married help her remain in the state? It wouldn't be a fraudulent marriage because we intend to get married anyway, we'd just be doing so earlier than was planned; And in any case, we'd remain married for life. (Or atleast we intend to, like all legitimate newly-weds)

We don't have any babies yet. She wants to reside her permantly. We'll be retting a house or flat or probably but less likely staying in my fathers house untill we get on our feet.

Basically, we love each other alot and want to live together permantly. We just don't want to go rushing down the aisle just yet. She will ask nothing from the state and will be a burden to none. We're really happy about this so I hope it's not too difficult. Our plans are to get married in the US so her family can attend, so it'd be a shame to get married here.

Thank you to all who respond and I couldn't think of a more suitable forum for this type of question as the law regulates such issues but if the mod wants to move it. feel free.

Comments

Advertisement