Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a Neff Combi ?

Options
  • 01-02-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

Had a Neff Combi installed the other day and I cannot get the hang of it. I have sussed out the microwave bit, and have to admit that it is fairly slow compared to my bog standard one. The oven seems slow as well. How do I combine the 2 ? It's the combination bit that I find confusing. I read the manual and I went to the Neff demo. I probably should have gone AFTER I got the appliance.
    Any tips anyone ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

My mum has one, if you're talking about something like this:

neff_c57m70n3gb_1176_detail.jpg

It's definitely slower than a normal microwave. I don't think you can combine the two - you either microwave or use the oven/grill function.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

That's the one Faith. Can't combine them ? How do I microwave a baked potato with a crispy skin :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭park500

Hi, I have an older one.You can combine hence the name "combi"
    Select the oven function first -eg hot air, and adj temp up/down.Then press the microwave power - it probably wont allow you select the highest power - you will know if a time appears in the widow, probably 15 mins.You can then adjust this time setting if you want.
    The press the start button.
    Read the manual for suggestions re settings for different food types.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks a million Park, that's easier to understand than the manual. I've just baked some flapjacks using the hot air only and they turned out perfect. Now I'll use your instructions and have a go at baked potatoes.
    Cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

park500 wrote: »
    Hi, I have an older one.You can combine hence the name "combi"
    Select the oven function first -eg hot air, and adj temp up/down.Then press the microwave power - it probably wont allow you select the highest power - you will know if a time appears in the widow, probably 15 mins.You can then adjust this time setting if you want.
    The press the start button.
    Read the manual for suggestions re settings for different food types.

Huh. I thought 'combi' just referred to it being both a microwave and an oven in one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement