Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend a quiet 4-6 channel dvr please.

Options
  • 01-02-2014 2:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭

I was reading on the interweb that some dvr machines are loud and some are whisper quiet.Also been reading that the bedroom or a bedroom wardrobe is the best place to place a dvr in the event of a robber breaking into the house downstairs.So on the basis of that,can anyone recommend a quiet 4-6 channel dvr machine that wont keep me awake if I place it in the bedroom.Something that wont bankrupt me either.
    Also can utp networking cable be used to extend and add a 2nd door chime,I need to place a 2nd wired door chime out in the kitchen so that I can hear the doorbell from my back garden patio.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are lots of silent running DVRs now.Most are fairly reasonable.
    Where are you located?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

KoolKid wrote: »
    There are lots of silent running DVRs now.Most are fairly reasonable.
    Where are you located?

Good to know,based in Dublin but dont mind traveling a bit out of the county to get a good one.

Advertisement