Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole Trader -> Ltd

Options
  • 01-02-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am a new start up, and I bought a domain name and registered with CORE as a sole trader. The business hasn't started trading yet, and I now have partners and want to change the structure to a Ltd company.

I saw the thread about it being difficult with taxes etc... so was wondering is it more straight forward when the business hasn't started? Should I just forget the sole trader and then re-register as the same name with Ltd after it or who do I contact about it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I should be on commission from somewhere at this stage:

Go talk to an accountant, once he/she has asked you all the relevant questions regarding:

your financial circumstances
    the business
    the plans for the business
    your partners

He/she will then be able to advise what is the best choice for your specific circumstances. Any advise you get here is going to be fairly broad and generic.

Most accountants won't charge for the initial consult and should be able to give you an indication of their charges over a year.

Advertisement