Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Smart TV Not Picking Up password on Modem to get Wifi

Options
  • 01-02-2014 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hello,

I bought a LG Smart TV 29" recently. It has in built WIFI. When we try and connect with our Efibre Modem and Look on the TV screen it displays our Eircom Modem Number and also it has a 3 bars as a VERY GOOD signal . We enter the password from the back of our Modem onto the smart TV, and it will not connect.
    We also brought the TV to the room where the Modem and connect it with the cable (yellow) and the Internet works.
    We also have other devices e.g smart phones/Tablets/laptops and they always connected fine.
    We believe it has to do with the setting on the Modem, has anyone had this issue or could advise what we need to do ?
    We have rang eircom and LG and they dont know why it wont work.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

not sure if this helps, ours was the same, put in the password or set of numbers and nothing, on our modem there is a small button at the back that we had to press in, and all of a sudden it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

thanks was the button called WPS

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Hi Still not working , has any one else any other advice... thanks:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I can't help with the TV but unless every EFibre modem has a unique key I would change the key.

Advertisement