Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advise for dressing a slim man!!

• 01-02-2014 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi I am going shopping tomorrow in Cork City with my boyfriend, he wants me to pick out clothes for him ~ for going out. What he is quite tall and thin build, what should I suggest? fitted shirts? jumpers? He is 30"34 and its more so tops he needs!

Thanks very much ~ also if you could recommend shops!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

If it's going out in the evening (pub/club) clothes, I would always go for a shirt which is way more dressy than a jumper. Long sleeved fitted shirts are best. If he's slim, loose or baggy shirts will look too oversized on him. Debenhams, Tommy Hilfiger or River Island always have good stuff. He could team it up with a nice blazer or fitted casual/leather waist length jacket.

If you're getting jumpers also, I'd stick to wearing them for daytime activities or more casual night time events (visiting friends, going to the restaurant etc). Try TK Maxx as they can have really nice jumpers at great prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mossy_Da_Dog

Vertical stripes make you appear wider than you are!
    I'd suggest he's lucky because he can team shirts and jumpers and blazers without looking bulky!
    A key suggestion I'd make is to look at his shoes: get him to get proper men's styling footwear. A lot of guys wear trainers and they don't always suit. If you want him to look manly, start from the feet up!!

Happy shopping : )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

ClareP1983 wrote: »
    Hi I am going shopping tomorrow in Cork City with my boyfriend, he wants me to pick out clothes for him ~ for going out. What he is quite tall and thin build, what should I suggest? fitted shirts? jumpers? He is 30"34 and its more so tops he needs!

Thanks very much ~ also if you could recommend shops!!

Can he not dress himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Zara has good jeans for slim people. Go for slim fit jeans as they are tailored and not skinny like something from top man.

Advertisement