Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doctor Who in Captain America: The Winter Solider?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Mrs. Brown's Boys is a contender too. Well, not in terms of the votes its gotten mind. Will probably go to Sherlock though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sherlock is too new (although brilliant) to be considered a classic. I just voted for dr. Who and Fawlty Towers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Honestly, I'll feel rather annoyed if Sherlock was to get it. That The X Factor, Big Brother, or The Only Way is Essex are even considered is appalling, and it seems appropriate they make up 3 of the bottom 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Orion wrote: »
    Sherlock is too new (although brilliant) to be considered a classic. I just voted for dr. Who and Fawlty Towers
    Sherlock would work in the context of the film, as being a modern interpretation of a story that Cap would be familiar with, yadada. Who would be my preferred thing to appear though, both because it would be great, but also because Steve Rogers discovering this cultural phenomenom that covers a huge portion of his lost time seems like the best idea.

Hilarious as it would be, I really hope Fr. Ted doesn't make it though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Jenna Coleman was in the first film, so it might be funny.

Then again, this is probably just a bit they stick in for audiences on this side of the water and there'll be a US reference over there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Nah, it'll just be a single line in a notebook for about 3 seconds, probably with a bunch of US references there also. I seriously doubt they'd go to the bother of a different US/UK edit for the sake of Father Ted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I didn't read the spiel, obviously! I thought it was going to be like the thing they did with the Shrek films, where Jonathan Ross did a voice over here and Larry King did it over there.

:pac:

Advertisement