Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad Pro's + Con's

• 01-02-2014 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of an iPad over a different device like Kindle Fire or Galaxy?

e.g. can I download torrented movies on my laptop and then copy and play them on an iPad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of an iPad over a different device like Kindle Fire or Galaxy?

e.g. can I download torrented movies on my laptop and then copy and play them on an iPad?

Yes you can.

This video compares the iPad Air to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, take a look

http://youtu.be/1WzLtbQ-RPg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

Yes, you can copy files to apps that support different video formats, my favourites are nPlayer and VLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You could download the torrents directly onto the galaxy tab, cut out the laptop. Kindles aren't brilliant for films or apps in Ireland unless you get techy with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Thanks all.

If the iPad and Galaxy (or other rival) were both free, which one would you take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd take the Galaxy because I'm an Android man and I dislike iOS, but I think you should go for your own personal preference. Many people will tell you to take the iPad because they rather iOS.

I find androids fun to tinker with, and they are easily self sustaining, no need for a computer at all, while iTunes is kinda necessary for an iPad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Thanks all.

If the iPad and Galaxy (or other rival) were both free, which one would you take?

iPad Air hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

There is a good deal of similarity so a lot of it is down to personal preferences in relatively small details.
    technically the Air is more advanced than the Tab 3 - saw some reviews that showed it had very little updated from the tab 2.
    Actually of the tabs, the tab3 8 seems a far better tablet in most regards, seemed to be much better side by side with the 7inch

iPads have considerably better battery life both in use and standby.
    My tab is so often low and my ipad charged, you know which one you use.

With the Tab, you get a greater degree of customisability and all the free android apps, but you get the good and the bad. You also have sd card expansion.
    Ipads tend to do what you want, with a bit less crap.

Security wise, personally I trust Apple slightly more than Samsung/Google, you know they want your information, whatever the cost, Apple prefer you pay up front.

If movies are your priority, then tab for the sd card.
    For portability and its free, get a mini and a tab 8:cool:
    Whichever spends the most time with you, keep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 FortuneWookiee

There's no substitute for a proper file system for me so I wouldn't buy an iPad personally, but I certainly wouldn't say no to one either.

Advertisement