Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherry Coke in Ireland

Options
  • 01-02-2014 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Made a little discovery today. Saw both bottles and cans of Cherry Coke being sold in a Spar today.

They've been on sale in the likes of Boots and Deals for a while now. But these are imported bottles and cans from the UK.

Anyways, took a look at the label and these are being produced by Coke Ireland. Expect Cherry Coke to be sold in just about every shop up and down the country over the next month. Looks they are pushing it too as they have a special label inviting you to drink it on the front of the fridges.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

The 0.5l bottles of Cherry Coke have been sold in Boots, some Spars, etc. for years though. Would be nice if they bring it back properly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

miezekatze wrote: »
    The 0.5l bottles of Cherry Coke have been sold in Boots, some Spars, etc. for years though. Would be nice if they bring it back properly though.

It has been though. The label shows that its being produced by Coke Ireland and two shops I've been in over the weekend are now stocking it, when they didn't stock it the week before.

Just to say, I saw them for sale at the following 2 shops:

Spar, Little Island, Cork
    Fitzpatricks, Glounthaune, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Anthem of cherry cola drinkers ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHSTEn1e1N8 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Still waiting for tab clear to make a revival. Remember seeing it in the train station shop in bray as a kid one year. Think it was gone the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

Just about every shop I've been in today is now stocking Cherry Coke.

I'm guessing that Coke Ireland are doing a trial period to see if sales will be high enough to maintain Irish production indefinitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jecca1

Cherry coke available in my local Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

jecca1 wrote: »
    Cherry coke available in my local Supervalu.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Dealz stores sell it by the pallet load on a weekly basis ,its gone from something you see occasionally to pretty much available daily ,

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I don't suppose they're selling Cherry Coke Zero as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Zaph wrote: »
    I don't suppose they're selling Cherry Coke Zero as well?

That's something I haven't seen ,

Must check later if I'm shopping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

had to go to specific shops to get the uk stuff in the past ,

be good to get it more widespread

• Registered Users Posts: 43,930 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, seen it in 2 - 3 local shops in the past few days.. including one shop (Spar) advertising to try it specifically. Had a bottle last week.

Hope it's around for good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm off to the local Spar in the morning to scope out if they have cherry coke...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

If in Dublin Airport the WH Smith does the cherry and vanilla coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Seeing it in spar and a newsagents. Also found 2 cans of A&W root beer in spar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I have seen it in all the SuperValu's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

I wish they brought back diet coke with lime, not a fan of cherry coke

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Spotted it in Tesco Balbriggan yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭uberalex

I haven't seen cherry coke zero on this side of the Atlantic. Dublin Airport Boots do lime and cherry Diet Coke, as well as Diet Irn Bru.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The Irish branch of coke seems to be manufacturing. Have seen it all around the place, although only in bottles thus far.

Advertisement