Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hitachi Tv picture missing edges

• 01-02-2014 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

As the title says I was at my father house today for usual weekend visit and we were sitting down watching the rugby and I noticed that his tv screen is missing both the left a right of the picture. The TV its self is about 8 years old its a 42" flat screen Hitachi. Its really noticeable when watching Rte channels because all you can see is Rte T.. Its quite frustrating to watch.
    I did a quick search and couldn't find much on the internet, I have adjusted the settings via the remote but still to no avail.
    Is there some sort of screw or something at the back of the tv that I could adjust for him or is it more complicated than that? :confused:
    Any help would be much appreciated,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Given the age of the TV I'd hazard a guess that you use a separate box to receive your Saorview service ? If this is the case then you need to configure that box (Saorview or UPC or Sky box) to output in 16:9 format rather than the 4:3 format it's currently set to.

It may afterwards be necessary to tell the TV to also work at 16:9 or Auto.

This will restore the missing parts of your picture.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Alanvtec

ZENER wrote: »
    Given the age of the TV I'd hazard a guess that you use a separate box to receive your Saorview service ? If this is the case then you need to configure that box (Saorview or UPC or Sky box) to output in 16:9 format rather than the 4:3 format it's currently set to.

It may afterwards be necessary to tell the TV to also work at 16:9 or Auto.

This will restore the missing parts of your picture.

Ken

Worked a treat thanks every so much, ha how simple that was to do.:D

Thanks again,
    Alan

Advertisement