Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Brom v Liverpool 13.30 on Sky Sports

• 01-02-2014 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

The home side have a new manager Pepe Mel, who being Spanish is presumed to be a cut above yet put Real Betis in real danger of the drop so getting the chop. His second game in charge away to Villa on Wednesday was a pretty good demonstration of how not to defend a two goal lead.

The Baggies are missing strikers Anelka and Sessègnon, so will almost certainly start with Anachebi up top with Gera behind. Otherwise a full squad.

Form guide last 6 LDLWDD
    Top scorer Berahino 4

Liverpool arrive on the back of thrashing Everton and no new injuries to report with Allen to return to the squad. Its hard to imagine Rodgers will change much, if anything for this game

Form guide last 6 WDWWLL
    Top scorer Suarez 23

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Usually when I'm confident of a good Liverpool performance and win we mess up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Having narrowly lost out in a 7 goal thriller against Villa midweek, 4th from bottom West Brom welcome a Liverpool side who ran over city rivals Everton in their last outing.

Having missed out on Konoplyanka, Salah, Messi, Rivaldo and Adel Taraabt in the transfer window, Reds boss Brendog Rodgers will be keen to grab all three points at the Hawthorns and stop the meltdown in the Liverpool super thread. Also with United and Spurs slipping up today, there is a fantastic opportunity for Liverpool to stake a firm claim for a coveted Champions League spot.

Pepe Mel is also desperate for a result as his new side find themselves 1 point off the relegation zone. Injuries to striker Nicholas Anelka and midfielder Stephan Sessegnon could see exciting youngster Saido Berahino and all round carthorse Victor Anichibe start up front for the Baggies.

Liverpool will welcome back Joe 'Xavi' Allen into the squad but its unlikely that Rodgers will change the side that thrashed Everton on Tuesday night. Liverpools treatment room is still bursting at the seams with Sakho, Enrique, Agger, Johnson and Lucas all out for the forseeable. However the form of the SAS will no doubt have West Brom defending for their lives tomorrow afternoon.

Prediction, Liverpool win.

FFS Mike are you looking in my front window?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yes to this thread.

Close thread.

That old git from Waterford got ahead of me again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Have a feeling this will be a frustrating draw but I really hope we get the three points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

2-0 Liverpool, blitz first half. Suarez to score. Doesn't take a Mystic Meg to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Liverpool don't win it's all Ian Arye's fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

3-2 Liverpool. Hopefully Konoplyanka will get a run out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Comfortable win for Liverpool, can't see WBA being able to cope with SAS with Coutinho and Sterling feeding them. 4-1, consolation coming from dodgy set piece defending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

As much as I like seeing Allen in the Liverpool midfield it would be crazy to change the team after the performance on Tuesday night. Hopefully the team shows the same commitment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

mav79 wrote: »
    As much as I like seeing Allen in the Liverpool midfield it would be crazy to change the team after the performance on Tuesday night. Hopefully the team shows the same commitment.

Big difference between a Merseyside derby under lights and an away game in the Midlands. I'd be happy with a scrappy 0-1 today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

cant help feeling nervous /fearfull ,cant sllep,cant spell.. exact same as i felt before the spurs and toffee games ..were gonna get stuffed/found out ..

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

HT: 1-0 or 1-1 with BMNC posting LOL and thanking every anti-Liverpool post.
    FT: 1-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Going to stay up for this one. No alarm clocks today.

I'm expecting a thumping victory. I don't think they'll be able to contain our forward line.

We may concede but that's not unusual so I'm thinking 1-4 or 2-4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

The team are playing well , need the 3 points to push on now . They are hungry for this . I hope to see SAS shine brightly today . I will go with 1-3 to Liverpool.

Any team news yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mike65 wrote: »
    The home side have a new manager Pepe Mel, who being Spanish is presumed to be a cut above yet put Real Betis in real danger of the drop so getting the chop. His second game in charge away to Villa on Wednesday was a pretty good demonstration of how not to defend a two goal lead.

Don't think Pool need any lessons in that respect...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't think Pool need any lessons in that respect...

The last time LFC gave up a two goal lead to get beaten was 21/03/12 against QPR! :eek: I can't find an example from before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

With no Anelka and long gone it'll be an interesting match.

I'm going for a pool win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mike65 wrote: »
    The last time LFC gave up a two goal lead to get beaten was 21/03/12 against QPR! :eek: I can't find an example from before that.

Never said "to get beaten" - we gave up a 2 goal lead 2 weeks ago! And I've lost count of the times we've goe 2 or 3 goals up, then conceded and looked very like concedeing again.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

But WBA got beaten so that's the honest comparison! So there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

If gerard and henderson dont show up today like they did against Everton, Liverpool wont win this

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

4-1 LFC, cant see West Brom out scoring LFC today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Same 11 as the Everton game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭percy007

Confirmed LFC team v WBA: Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'll be delighted with a lucky, scrappy, boring to watch 1-0 today for Liverpool.

Please no complacency and don't do what ye did against Hull :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

kfallon wrote: »
    I'll be delighted with a lucky, scrappy, boring to watch 1-0 today for Liverpool.

Please no complacency and don't do what ye did against Hull :(

Have you not been watching Liverpool, they don't do boring;)

• Advertisement

WBA

Foster, Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell, Berahino, Yacob, Mulumbu, Brunt, Gera, Vydra

Vydra starts over Anachebi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Have you not been watching Liverpool, they don't do boring;)

Don't think my heart could handle another game like Stoke!

percy007 wrote: »
    Confirmed LFC team v WBA: Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge

@WBAFCofficial: Jones, Kelly, Ibe, Allen, Alberto, Aspas, Moses

West Brom 4 - Liverpool 9

High scoring game in store today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Team picks itself, so no one can have any arguments there surely.

Sturridge 5/4 to score anytime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We win this one, it takes all the pressure of the Arsenal game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Watching the Sky Sports segment, Rodgers has done a hell of a job since the West Brom game 18 months ago. He has really proven me wrong so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Delighted to see the team :pac:

Come on lads , a win today would be heaven ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Come on the pool! Expecting lots of goals today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

3-1 Liverpool

Hendo, sterling and Sturbridge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Most people expecting Liverpool win usually equals trouble. Wouldn't be surprised to see West Brom spring an upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

4-0 West Brom

;)

Milkers wrote: »
    Most people expecting Liverpool win usually equals trouble. Wouldn't be surprised to see West Brom spring an upset.

Ya, Pepe Mel talking about his team playing a high pressure game when they lose the ball. When Liverpool do struggle it's against teams that do that very well. It remains to be seen if they can do it well, but we'll see.

The Henderson family playing in midfield according to Niall Quinn.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The Henderson family playing in midfield according to Niall Quinn.

This lad playing?

FilmHarryHendersons.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

hefferboi wrote: »
    4-0 West Brom

;)

Free money, nailed on.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

A win today for Liverpool would be huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Scrappy start to the game

Everyone's forgotten how to pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ball in the air a lot so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement