Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Galwayguy23

Congrats man! I just booked my flights today for Toronto exciting stuff,

I probably shouldve confirmed this before booking my flights, but is all we need the POE?

I mean, my POE says its valid until July 2015, so can i just fly there anytime before then, give them the POE at the airport and I'll receive my Visa? if you know that is :)

This is something thats had me freaked out for months and I got zero replies!

Hi!
    Just going by what I read on the CIC website, and the forums here (I read every single post here and on the stage 1 and 2 forums lol), you'll need the POE letter, proof of funds of not less than 2500 Canadian dollars. Said proof of funds best to be a recent copy of a bank statement. Probably best to go into your bank and get them print one off for you just before your flight. And then personal insurance...which judging by the forums seems to be the backpacker's insurance for 2 years which as far as I can remember came in at somewhere around the 300 euro mark. I could be wrong on that by a hundred or two, but it's easy find out.

Then, yes, just hit Canada before your POE expires, get your social security number at the Canadian airport, and you're good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Hi!
    Just going by what I read on the CIC website, and the forums here (I read every single post here and on the stage 1 and 2 forums lol), you'll need the POE letter, proof of funds of not less than 2500 Canadian dollars. Said proof of funds best to be a recent copy of a bank statement. Probably best to go into your bank and get them print one off for you just before your flight. And then personal insurance...which judging by the forums seems to be the backpacker's insurance for 2 years which as far as I can remember came in at somewhere around the 300 euro mark. I could be wrong on that by a hundred or two, but it's easy find out.

Then, yes, just hit Canada before your POE expires, get your social security number at the Canadian airport, and you're good to go!

Did you apply for the 2014 Visas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stevie2612

just wondering does anyone know does the name on your port of entry letter and passport have to be exactly the same ?? when they issued mine they put in my middle name on POE letter although i never put it on any application forms but its not on my passport! probably got it from my social insurance when i there on a previous working holiday visa !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stevie2612

just wondering does anyone know does the name on your port of entry letter and passport have to be exactly the same ?? when they issued mine they put in my middle name on POE letter although i never put it on any application forms but its not on my passport! probably got it from my social insurance when i was there on a previous working holiday visa !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cait84

I put my name down on the waiting list in november and they mailed me 10 days later to say there was a visa available. So I am in the process of getting all my stuff together for the work permit. Was suprised to get a visa so late in the year like my WTN was 10847!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

I have filled out the IMM1295E work permit online and validated it electronically however, when I go back to the document checklist it states that I have not provided the application. Don't have a clue where to go form here. Anybody have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

Edit: Dopey bollocks here has sorted it, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

We started application process again last wednesday and got an email on Friday to say they had a space!!! Talk about christmas coming early!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Karlos_Macca

Just wondering, how does this "space" arise?

I have actually received my POE letter early in the year in the original applications, but am not arriving in Canada until Feb. The POE said I had until March 2015 to arrive....

I am wondering now, was I supposed to do anything else to accept the POE? Or does space come free when people don't arrive early in Canada?

Just wondering, how does this "space" arise?

I have actually received my POE letter early in the year in the original applications, but am not arriving in Canada until Feb. The POE said I had until March 2015 to arrive....

I am wondering now, was I supposed to do anything else to accept the POE? Or does space come free when people don't arrive early in Canada?

I'm guessing they are coming from the other quota! Once you got your POE your safe out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ducky88

gg2 wrote: »
    We started application process again last wednesday and got an email on Friday to say they had a space!!! Talk about christmas coming early!

Just wondering, what was your WTN? I applied a couple of days ago, would be great to get a space and not have to worry about the mad rush next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

A bit confused about this and done a bit of searching on this thread.
    But is the Letter of Conditional Acceptance a physical letter sent to your address? I completed Stage 1 and it is now telling me for this (for the last 2 weeks) when I log in. I created the stage 2 account but I do not seem to be able to proceed with any of the codes shown.

Hello: XXXX
    Account number: XXXX
    Status Final decision - Accepted
    World Tracking Number (WTN) XXXX
    Last log-in: XXXX

Edit: With this information is it safe enough for me to proceed with getting the Garda Clearance and Police Clearance in the UK (which i will need) or should I wait till I receive physical letter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

There is no physical letter. There should be a letter attached to that message (in PDF format) and it will have a CAL reference number in it.

You then need to complete the Come to Canada checklist

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

This will generate a checklist as well code, and from that you can complete stage 2.

There is no physical letter. There should be a letter attached to that message (in PDF format) and it will have a CAL reference number in it.

You then need to complete the Come to Canada checklist

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

This will generate a checklist as well code, and from that you can complete stage 2.

Thanks a million for that, I hadn't realized it was that letter, I found out what the problem was I, it was that I had opened up the file in Foxit which is the standard pdf reader I used and it wasn;t showing most of the letter, but finding this out I downloaded Adobe and it showed the rest of the letter.

I presume the CAL is either the Account Number or the WTN on the right hand corner of the letter

Reading through it I now have two problems
    1) I appear to have left out my middle name which was on my passport :(
    2) I have a week now to get a police certificate in order or hope they accept a letter as to why it hasn't arrived

Wish me luck! and the moral of the story is, don't use Foxit exclusively !!!

Ok guys we just completed the CIC process.... One thing is driving me nuts though! The expiry date on the CAL is 25th of December. Assuming our friends in the office are finished now until after Christmas, are we goosed if the application isn't viewed now until after the date of the CAL?? sort of worrying at the minute...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If you've submitted it before the expiration date, it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 FoosChic

Hopefully someone might know the answer to this, I lived in Canada on the IEC visa for a year (the last of the year visa). I came home to Ireland (stupid I know) and now I want to go back. Is the CAD$20 police cert from Toronto police acceptable? I read about the fingerprint check but they hardly ask everyone for that do they? I have no idea how to go about doing that from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bdiamond

Hi guys I was recommended to come on here to get a bit of advice. I've been reading through the thread but I'm finding it a bit difficult to understand. Basically I'm wanting to move to canada in the summer and I was wondering when the visas are released. I have an Irish passport I'm a bit confused as some things that I read are saying the visas were released in December. Please can someone give me a little bit of advice! Xx

No-one knows when the visas will be released, except that it won't be before January 2015. You just need to keep an eye on the IEC page. The opening will be announced a couple of days in advance.

That's great thanks for getting back to me! Would you reccomend getting my police checks done done so that they are ready for the date of release?

• Advertisement

A police check is only valid for 3 months from the date of issue. It's likely that the IEC will open within the next 3 months, but last year, a lot of people were caught out when rumours went around that it would open in late November, and it didn't actually open until March. Early police checks expired and they just had to get new ones. If you've only lived in Ireland, where the checks are free, I'd chance it, but if you've lived in other countries (including the UK), they charge for police checks so it could be a waste of money.

Ok great! If I am lucky enough to get through the first stage, I understand I have 10 days to get all the documents in including the police checks? Im currently living in barca and it takes a couple of weeks to get one here so I might wait until the end of jan and get that sorted?

Ok great! If I am lucky enough to get through the first stage, I understand I have 10 days to get all the documents in including the police checks? Im currently living in barca and it takes a couple of weeks to get one here so I might wait until the end of jan and get that sorted?

No, you have 10 days to pay once you've signed up. Then once you've paid and been issued a conditional letter of acceptance, you move on to stage 2, where you have to upload the police checks along with other forms. You have 3 months to complete stage 2, so there's no real rush on sorting the police checks ahead of time.

Ahh ok that's great news! So basically all I can do now is get a kompass account set up and wait for the date of the visa release? Thanks so much for all your help faith!

You can't set up a Kompass account until the first batch of IEC visas are released. If the young professionals or coop class are released first, you can create an account for the working holiday visa then. But if the WHV is the first category to open, you'll have to open the account and apply for the visa at the same time. It'll be fine once you're prepared for it (ie. Read through the FAQ well and be sure you understand the process).

Faith wrote: »
    No, you have 10 days to pay once you've signed up. Then once you've paid and been issued a conditional letter of acceptance, you move on to stage 2, where you have to upload the police checks along with other forms. You have 3 months to complete stage 2, so there's no real rush on sorting the police checks ahead of time.

Ah so its only the late visa's that have such a narrow time frame, I was wondering this as the timescale for my submission of police certificate would have been extremely close even if i had not messed up.

Ok thanks so much for your advice! Hope you had a nice Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Faith wrote: »

According to the new CIC pages, the application time for stage 2 is being cut to 15 days

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/IEC.asp
    Important information: Conditional Acceptance Letters are valid for 15 days. You must upload your CAL to your MyCIC account while it is still valid.

Factors that can facilitate processing

There are certain things you can do to help ensure that your application is processed as fast as possible:
    notify CIC immediately if you require more than 15 days to submit your documentation for your work permit application (e.g. police certificates).

• Advertisement

Oh wow! That's going to make it harder for people :eek:.

Sorry, Bdiamond, forget what I said. Get your police certificates sorted now.

Advertisement