Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

AmyPL wrote: »
    You and I are in a similar boat then gg2! :)

Yep! We must keep each other updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

I submitted everything on the 15th December including my letter of explanation for the police cert which I have now subsequently received. Still waiting for them to request me to submit my police cert. Hmmm... All gone too quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaknowmyname

Faith wrote: »
    The more you can bring, the better. Don't underestimate how long it takes to get skilled work here. My fiancé got very lucky and started an entry level job with a small company in the private sector after about 2 months of being here, but I was offered a job within the public sector around the same time and it has yet to start. They keep telling me it will be any day now, but they've been saying that since the start of December*! The amount of bureaucracy is unbelievable in certain areas.

We didn't party hard or spend money foolishly, but we still ran out of money much quicker than we'd expected.

*Christmas did have a big role to play in this delay, to be fair.

Cheers for the advice, I have my degree in Graphic Design and a large portfolio of work from working here and abroad for 4 years. So feedback with my work is good, plus I work with studios only as I don't work with printers, feedback is good though so far! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hi guys, my entry letter for my Canadian visa from last year (2014) expires on April 1st this year. I want to retrieve the visa before it expires, so I intend to fly to Toronto at the end of March purely to activate it, and then fly home the next day.

Can anyone advise if this will be OK?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 s.conneely12

The website is down where you check if it is open, do you think that might mean it's opening soon?

• Advertisement

You and I are in a similar boat then gg2! :)

My partner got his POE today!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Just looking for advice if possible... I applied for Visa in November, and work permit in December.. Happily I got my approval letter today...It says I hav3 365 days to enter Canada, but it doesn't mention how long the visa is for..
    ...I'm wondering is it only a 1 year visa, and if yes would I have to apply in the next round for another one?...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

...Just looking for advice if possible... I applied for Visa in November, and work permit in December.. Happily I got my approval letter today...It says I hav3 365 days to enter Canada, but it doesn't mention how long the visa is for..
    ...I'm wondering is it only a 1 year visa, and if yes would I have to apply in the next round for another one?...

If you applied using an Irish passport then the visa is 2 years from the date that you enter Canada. You have 1 year from the date of the letter to enter Canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

gg2 wrote: »
    My partner got his POE today!

Hurray! :)

Still silence at this end... my POE arrived in the middle of the night, fingers crossed my OH wakes up to his tomorrow? :D

We've hit the 42 day mark today and still no sign :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 littlemover

Hey, wondering if anyone can help..

I made an absolute balls out of reading the information and signed up for a myCIC account ages ago.. and now the myCIC account says I have only 31 days left to fill out my application but obviously I haven't been able to register for a kompass account and get the CAL etc and so I'm wondering if my time runs out and my application on the myCIC is deleted, can I just start another application or am I screwed????

"You have 60 days to submit your online application. The number of days remaining to submit your application appears on your MyCIC home page. If you do not submit your application within 60 days, it will automatically be deleted."

Thanks!!!!

We've hit the 42 day mark today and still no sign :(

Thats a disaster! Sit tight though they have to get back at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Hey, wondering if anyone can help..

I made an absolute balls out of reading the information and signed up for a myCIC account ages ago.. and now the myCIC account says I have only 31 days left to fill out my application but obviously I haven't been able to register for a kompass account and get the CAL etc and so I'm wondering if my time runs out and my application on the myCIC is deleted, can I just start another application or am I screwed????

"You have 60 days to submit your online application. The number of days remaining to submit your application appears on your MyCIC home page. If you do not submit your application within 60 days, it will automatically be deleted."

Thanks!!!!

I'm pretty sure you can make a new MyCIC account, but don't do it until you have a CAL.
    Bear in mind that Kompass accounts for 2015 can't be created until the 2015 IEC program opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 littlemover

Thanks very much!!

Lads I got my POE letter today but the letter is missing the following information:

My name, UCI, Date, Application No:, Work Permit Type, Permit Validity & Document No:.

What the **** am I supposed to do with this now? Is this some sort of PDF application problem?

Sounds like it could be a pdf issue. Try opening it in lots of different browsers, programs, etc. Make sure you have an up to date version of adobe reader.

Apart from that, all you can do for the time being is send CIC a message about it through your Kompass account.

face1990 wrote: »
    Sounds like it could be a pdf issue. Try opening it in lots of different browsers, programs, etc. Make sure you have an up to date version of adobe reader.

Apart from that, all you can do for the time being is send CIC a message about it through your Kompass account.

Cheers Face, All sorted now.

Toronto here I come :D

gg2 wrote: »
    Thats a disaster! Sit tight though they have to get back at some stage.

He got his POE today! Now I can finally exhale (after 6 weeks...) :D

He got his POE today! Now I can finally exhale (after 6 weeks...) :D

Great! Delighted for you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I have my POE letter but there is a mistake with my address on it. Will this matter when entering Canada or should I get it changed. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I have my POE letter but there is a mistake with my address on it. Will this matter when entering Canada or should I get it changed. Thanks.

I doubt the address matters, you certainly aren't asked for proof of address at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Hi guys is it too late to start applying for a VISA 2015 and everything that's needed? im home from oz a year now after being there for 10 months so I guess I need police clearance from there too??? right?? How long does that take to come through?? Im already stressing out at this early stage.Ive been through the FAQ and it helps but I find it overwhelming on whats needs to be done compared to getting an Oz visa. Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OrlaithLM84

Hello
    I underwent a Medical exam for CIC application July 2014 but unfortunately did not complete / submit my visa application. I intend on applying this year what I would like to know is how long is the medical information valid for - or will I have to fork out for another one?

Thanks in advance 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

I was waiting no more than a week and a half for my Australian Police Cert. Don't apply for it until you get by round one of the visa process then start looking for everything as its only valid for six months. Word of warning do not go near USIT Visa First for the visa do it all yourself they will scam you and it's illegal for a third party to apply for a visa on your behalf.

When setting up your Kompass profile on the site make sure you open notepad and record everything like your username and passwords and all the security questions with your answers. You would be surprised the amount of people who forget their security questions and have problems later on. So create a folder called Canada on your desktop and save Notepad as Kompass login then if you get accepted you will have to open a new account called the CIC account again repeat the same process. Good luck with it, its a tricky process but as long as you dont make any mistakes and record your info you will have no problems.

Too add to that, save your conditional acceptance and poe letters in your Canada folder as soon as you get them. Don't wait till the week before you leave to download and print it out.

Also, keep a copy of your POE letter in your inbox. If you were to lose your letter on your way over, you could still access it at the airport if needs be.

In addition to the above, Dropbox is a great way of storing documents- you can access them from pretty much any device that way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

For the Resume what if someone never had work experience what do you do? Secondly for the institutes I did Leaving cert and I did Fetac what do I write can someone guide me please?

Lads I got my POE letter today but the letter is missing the following information:

My name, UCI, Date, Application No:, Work Permit Type, Permit Validity & Document No:.

What the **** am I supposed to do with this now? Is this some sort of PDF application problem?

Hi, How did you get the Poe so fast? When had you applied because I read the IEC 2015 opens mid February?

fontdor wrote: »
    Hi, How did you get the Poe so fast? When had you applied because I read the IEC 2015 opens mid February?

Hey, I got lucky and applied through the 2014 quota late November, I received my CAL on the 5th December. Went through MyCIC and submitted all documents on the 15th December. Just last week I received my POE.

I'm not entirely sure if there are places still available on the 2014 quota.

• Advertisement

Hey, I got lucky and applied through the 2014 quota late November, I received my CAL on the 5th December. Went through MyCIC and submitted all documents on the 15th December. Just last week I received my POE.

I'm not entirely sure if there are places still available on the 2014 quota.

Oh I see. Thanks for the information. I wish you all the best luck.

Advertisement