Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Am I able to set up a Kompass account now, or can it not be done until the IEC programme opens in February? Bit confused by the first post, says it can't be opened until the programme commences, but goes on to say it's best to have it already set up and ready to go!?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

WhatYaSay wrote: »
    Am I able to set up a Kompass account now, or can it not be done until the IEC programme opens in February? Bit confused by the first post, says it can't be opened until the programme commences, but goes on to say it's best to have it already set up and ready to go!?
    Thanks.

once the programme is open for 2015 you can open a kompass account.

Just wondering what documents or info needs to provided when getting your sin number thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

once the programme is open for 2015 you can open a kompass account.
    OK, thanks. Does the programme open ahead of the quotas of visas being released or is it all at the same time?

OK, thanks. Does the programme open ahead of the quotas of visas being released or is it all at the same time?

the iec webiste will open for you to create your kompass account and it say on the website the time and date it to when the applications open, best advice have you cv and photo of your passport ready to upload sonn as it opens make sure your using a good computer and connection ect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Thanks.

Is it confirmed it will be open in February?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Is it confirmed it will be open in February?

Hello, it says it on the website of cic Canada that it will open in Mid February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

fontdor wrote: »
    Hello, it says it on the website of cic Canada that it will open in Mid February.

No it doesn't, it says it won't open before mid feb. Before it said it won't open before January.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

If i had a mycic account setup previously, would i need to set up a new one of i wanted to apply this year for an IEC visa?

The passwords are a disaster to remember

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CailinDeas28

Does anyone know how to re-apply once you have received a refusal letter due to your Conditional acceptance letter having expired???
    Any help would be great because I need to be ready when new IEC programme for 2015 is open
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

How much notice do they give before they open for applications

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I went to my local Garda station today to try and get my Police Certificate sorted in time for the IEC Stage 2. I was told that I need a letter from the Canadian embassy to support my application for this and to basically provide the Gardai with confirmation that I need such a certificate for the visa process.

Does anyone know how I might go about getting one of these letters and if it's an easy process? Thought it'd be easier to get a piece paper from the Gardai stating that I'm not a criminal.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cait84

Bring a copy of your Conditional Acceptance Letter they should be ok with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

I was just reading through all the steps for application and have two queries if anyone can help me.
    If your CAL is valid for 15 days, I assume that means you must have all your stage two forms completed within 15 days? Including your Garda clearance form, which takes three weeks according to the Garda website. So surely it's possible to get a Garda vetting cert before you have a CAL??

Also should I be setting up my CIC account now, or should I wait until I (fingers crossed) have my CAL from stage one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

My CAL was valid for 3 months. It's only people who were accepted late in the year who seem to have had these crazy short CAL issued. Who on earth would be able to get all of that stuff together in two weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

This year it has been changed from 90 days to 1 week. So it makes sense to have everything ready from the get go! Here's the updated process.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cait84

I had two weeks to get all my documents together including a police certificate from Australia got on the ball straight away and had everything ready to go for the work permit. It is doable but you need to get on the ball right away!

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

2015 Visas open mid Feb per the website.

Am I correct in saying I can't register a 2015 compass account until the day they open the visas?

What should I have ready to go on the day they open up?

So far I have

1. Photocopy of passport
    2. Résumé done in the format they want

Anything else? Should I go send off a Garda vetting form to my local station now to have it ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Am I correct in saying I can't register a 2015 compass account until the day they open the visas?

So far I have

1. Photocopy of passport

Anything else? Should I go send off a Garda vetting form to my local station now to have it ready?

From what i remember you are give a week or so to register and put in all your info and set up your passwords and so on and the day they open up the lottery for the actual visa you have to have the following documents.

CV, Copy of Passport, . Make sure you convert your CV into PDF form as it compresses the size and the copy of your Passport will be in JPG but i recommend you compress that down too so all are no more than 200kb as that will save you a lot of hassle when uploading, so the smaller the better.

When creating your Kompass account record everything in a document or notepad like username, passwords, additional security questions and so on. So create your Canada folder now and get cracking with all that things you need. If you need police certs i recommend you get them fairly quick and follow the instructions to the letter in how to apply.

I have heard this year they are giving you less time for round two if that is true you will be under a lot of pressure to get everything in on time as last year we had 60 days i think to get all required documents in on time. Good luck with it, it can be a difficult process and any mistakes can trip you up so double check stuff before you upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Summerhill10

So far I have

1. Photocopy of passport

Can you please show me where is says that it will open mid February !!! It's doesn't say that and people are running around like headless chickens.. It states it will not open before mid February just the same way as it said in December when it said will not open before January .. It may open in February or March or April nobody knows, the site is just giving a guide that it won't open before that date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Does everyone need to get a Garda Vetting form done at some point or is it just certain professions?

If just certain professions, is there a list somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

everyone needs to get a garda cert its part of the process

• Registered Users Posts: 3 n!amhypoo

Lads, I just got my cert from Pearse St. Garda Station - it's written in comic sans. GAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gcorbs

Quick question that I cant seem to find an answer to, I was on a J1 a couple of years ago for 4 months does this need to be included on the Garda Clearance form or do you need to have lived away from Ireland for longer? Thanks for all the info. posted on here already!!

gcorbs wrote: »
    Quick question that I cant seem to find an answer to, I was on a J1 a couple of years ago for 4 months does this need to be included on the Garda Clearance form or do you need to have lived away from Ireland for longer? Thanks for all the info. posted on here already!!

Its only needed if you were in a country for six months or longer, so you are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lal12

Hi if anyone could answer would be very grateful...
    Read somewhere that for certain jobs you need a medical exam, any idea what stage of the application process this would be needed?

Also, odd question but is the CAL physically posted to you or does it happen online?

lal12 wrote: »
    Hi if anyone could answer would be very grateful...
    Read somewhere that for certain jobs you need a medical exam, any idea what stage of the application process this would be needed?

Also, odd question but is the CAL physically posted to you or does it happen online?

That happens at the second stage after you get your CAL you set up MYCIC account and there you will have to upload a Pic of yourself, Birth Cert, CV, Police Certs and other requested documents. As for the Medical thats only needed if you have been to some 3rd world country in the last year or if you intend to work in the medical field or with children or the elderly.

The CAL will be sent to your Kompass account in messages and you download the PDF from there and you have to include that in your MYCIC account too.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gary_is_hip

hey guys i am freaking out and in desperate need of reassurance - kompass is not open for registration, correct? there fore it is not yet possible to apply to get a conditional acceptance letter? if I am wrong about any of this can someone please explain how i open an account/get the CAL cos i'm currently at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

hey guys i am freaking out and in desperate need of reassurance - kompass is not open for registration, correct? there fore it is not yet possible to apply to get a conditional acceptance letter? if I am wrong about any of this can someone please explain how i open an account/get the CAL cos i'm currently at a loss.

Only one page back is this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94068166&postcount=394

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

you are correct. â˜

Advertisement