Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 meka

lalala85 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the WHV class will open? Thank you

Yes, the Canadian immigration people know. :P Just have to be patient and wait like everyone else for the announcement on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ucd6

If you have lived in the UK do you need to get Garda/police clearance form from there also??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Det. John Kimble

ucd6 wrote: »
    If you have lived in the UK do you need to get Garda/police clearance form from there also??

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18.

*The certificate must be issued no more than three months before you apply*

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JohnKing

Hi,

My passport says place of birth is Mayo, but should I put Castlebar, Mayo in the city of birth section?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

JohnKing wrote: »
    Hi,

My passport says place of birth is Mayo, but should I put Castlebar, Mayo in the city of birth section?

Thanks in advance!

Last year I put Town,County. So yeah Castlebar, Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dorsel

Hi everyone. I have gotten my police clearance certificate for Ireland for the Working Holiday Visa 2015. I also lived in Holland for more than 6 months. Do I also need a police clearance certificate from Holland? or is the Irish police certificate enough for the Working Holiday Visa 2015? thanks in advance! :)

dorsel wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I have gotten my police clearance certificate for Ireland for the Working Holiday Visa 2015. I also lived in Holland for more than 6 months. Do I also need a police clearance certificate from Holland? or is the Irish police certificate enough for the Working Holiday Visa 2015? thanks in advance! :)

You need a Cert form every country you have lived in for more than 6 months since the age of 18. You then have to scan and merge all your certs into one file.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

Hi - I have just completed my IEC application. Am I right in saying that the only section that I cannot yet complete until the WHV opens is the"IEC category" section?

Thanks. This thread is proving to be enormously helpful.

lalala85 wrote: »
    Hi - I have just completed my IEC application. Am I right in saying that the only section that I cannot yet complete until the WHV opens is the"IEC category" section?

Thanks. This thread is proving to be enormously helpful.

Yup! That's it. Once the WHV opens you select your iec category, click complete and submit. you'll be asked to confirm details such as email,date of birth and to reenter password (from what i can remember). then you click submit again.

A page will then open with your WTN number! (hopefully haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Hi guys, just filled in the details into the iec and my passport is out of date on the 6th of September 2016, do I need to get that renewned before I upload the application

• Advertisement

Not 100% but I think it's okay. You just need to have both passports with you when you go to immigration. Again, not 100%. They say your passport must be valid for entire duration of visa but I've heard people say they could just bring both passports(one used for visa application and one which is valid for duration of visa).

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

You bring a copy of your old one as you will have to submit your old one when renewing.

"I got a new passport after submitting my IEC work permit application. What do I do?

If you have not received your Letter of Introduction:

Submit a scanned copy of your new passport using the case specific webform
    In the enquiry box, please provide:
    your old passport number
    your Application ID number provided on your Acknowledgement Letter.
    If you have already received your Letter of Introduction:

When you arrive at a Canadian Port of Entry, you must tell the Border Services Officer that your passport has been replaced for the information on your work permit to match the information on your new passport. We recommend you bring a photocopy of your previous passport along with your current valid passport with you to Canada."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

You bring a copy of your old one as you will have to submit your old one when renewing.

"I got a new passport after submitting my IEC work permit application. What do I do?

If you have not received your Letter of Introduction:

Submit a scanned copy of your new passport using the case specific webform
    In the enquiry box, please provide:
    your old passport number
    your Application ID number provided on your Acknowledgement Letter.
    If you have already received your Letter of Introduction:

When you arrive at a Canadian Port of Entry, you must tell the Border Services Officer that your passport has been replaced for the information on your work permit to match the information on your new passport. We recommend you bring a photocopy of your previous passport along with your current valid passport with you to Canada."

Thanks guys , panic was starting to set in, must get on it asap

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Adventure

Got my CAL now for YP category. They were very quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

For the languages section of the IMM1295E form, d) asks if "you have taken a test from a designated testing agency for English". Is this related to education in English, or for people who have said English isn't their first language?

newg300 wrote: »
    For the languages section of the IMM1295E form, d) asks if "you have taken a test from a designated testing agency for English". Is this related to education in English, or for people who have said English isn't their first language?

I took it that it is only if English is not your first language.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

WHV class,is that not the same as the IEC visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

For the travel itinerary section on the myCIC account, what should you put in? I know roughly when I plan to go if I get a visa but won't have flights booked by the time the application goes through. What is everyone else putting in?

For the travel itinerary section on the myCIC account, what should you put in? I know roughly when I plan to go if I get a visa but won't have flights booked by the time the application goes through. What is everyone else putting in?

I used google flights and made an itinerary and saved the page as a PDF. Didn't book anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ucd6

Can someone please give me some advice about what I should do for my UK police clearance... I have my irish one but went to get my UK one this week and was informed it would take 40 days

• Advertisement

Can someone please give me some advice about what I should do for my UK police clearance... I have my irish one but went to get my UK one this week and was informed it would take 40 days

I wouldn't worry. 40 days will be the max! Unfortunately, I think the CALs are only valid for 2 weeks this year!! they were 90 days last year. very strange.

You get 10 days to upload documents and payment to kompass once you get your WTN, so if you delay that until near the 10 days and then wait to near the 2 week validity of your CAL, you should have police cert by then!!!

But worse comes to worse, you can upload a letter of explanation on mycic explaining that you are waiting to receive your UK police cert. They'll probably keep application open for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

if it was me as soon as your accepted for stage one email them and send a pic showing your applied for the uk cert and takes longer then expected in the time frame their requesting im sure should be fine.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Sorry to ask this but I have looked here and searched all over the internet and I can't find any concrete information as to wether the Working Holiday Visa has gone on sale yet? Also have the numbers of visas they plan to grant the Irish increased from last year?

I am asking for a friend because I already have my visa from last year so the other questions I wanted to ask is I have to be in Canada by 15th of September do I need to renew my garda cert before going over and bring it with me when travelling? The guards told me I would need to get it renewed when I applied for it last August but their wasn't any mention of it when I got my acceptance letter from the Canadian side?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

stevie1122 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask this but I have looked here and searched all over the internet and I can't find any concrete information as to wether the Working Holiday Visa has gone on sale yet? Also have the numbers of visas they plan to grant the Irish increased from last year?

The Working Holiday catagory hasnt opened yet. Keep checking the website for opening dates.

I believe the quota is the same as last year.
    stevie1122 wrote: »
    do I need to renew my garda cert before going over and bring it with me when travelling?

No. You just need your POE letter, bank statement & proof of insurance (and passport with 2 years left on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭markmcg

Is the working holiday visa up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 problum8

Hi all.I am looking to apply for the WHV but I'm not very familiar with all the different terms and was wondering if someone could tell me am I doing everything right so far that I can do. I know this visa is not open for sale yet but I want to have everything prepared to go for when it does come online.
    At the moment I have registered for the kompass account and have filled out as much of the IEC application as I can - (all except the IEC Category part).
    My questions are; Is there anything else I should have ready eg Police clearance, passport scanned or health insurance?
    Anyone who can give me a bit of guidance I would be more than grateful!

problum8 wrote: »
    Hi all.I am looking to apply for the WHV but I'm not very familiar with all the different terms and was wondering if someone could tell me am I doing everything right so far that I can do. I know this visa is not open for sale yet but I want to have everything prepared to go for when it does come online.
    At the moment I have registered for the kompass account and have filled out as much of the IEC application as I can - (all except the IEC Category part).
    My questions are; Is there anything else I should have ready eg Police clearance, passport scanned or health insurance?
    Anyone who can give me a bit of guidance I would be more than grateful!

Get your police cert, do the come to Canada questionnaire and get the other required docs ready, for stage 2 your passport scan must include any stamped pages you have. If you plan to work in healthcare/ with children you'll need a medical done.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 problum8

Thanks for that Adventure. When writing for the Garda clearance cert do you have to fill a form to the Garda superintendent or is it just a handwritten letter with all the details they require?

problum8 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Adventure. When writing for the Garda clearance cert do you have to fill a form to the Garda superintendent or is it just a handwritten letter with all the details they require?

Just the letter - all here - http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

I didn't post mine instead I went directly to the station and handed them the letter. I got my cert in about 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

Just so that I am clear re the scan of the passport which is to be uploaded at stage 2 - the scan is to include not just the picture page but also the pages that have any stamps, i.e. stamps from any countries that were visited?

Advertisement