Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

Also, another question - I did a college year abroad in a US university. I assume therefore that I will need to apply for a police certificate from the states. Has anyone had to so one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Adventure

lalala85 wrote: »
    Just so that I am clear re the scan of the passport which is to be uploaded at stage 2 - the scan is to include not just the picture page but also the pages that have any stamps, i.e. stamps from any countries that were visited?

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

Thank you! One last question - does the scan of the passport have to be in colour? Or is a black and white scan sufficient?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/694795/295715.pdf

Garda Clearance Form link if anyone needs it :).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

face1990 wrote: »
    The Working Holiday catagory hasnt opened yet. Keep checking the website for opening dates.

I believe the quota is the same as last year.

No. You just need your POE letter, bank statement & proof of insurance (and passport with 2 years left on it).

Thanks for that. What's the link for where they will announce the opening dates?

Last year it was http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng

And last year you could just go to that site it would say they weren't on sale yet but I can't find anything like that on it this year the only other thing I found was on the CIC site which just says their are no places left in the WHV category but it doesn't say that the visas haven't even went on sale on yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

stevie1122 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. What's the link for where they will announce the opening dates?

Last year it was http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng

And last year you could just go to that site it would say they weren't on sale yet but I can't find anything like that on it this year the only other thing I found was on the CIC site which just says their are no places left in the WHV category but it doesn't say that the visas haven't even went on sale on yet.

The CIC page is the correct page. The program has not opened yet, so just keep an eye on that page.

There'll be a notification like on the UK page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=gb&cat=wh

lalala85 wrote: »
    Thank you! One last question - does the scan of the passport have to be in colour? Or is a black and white scan sufficient?

Doesn't matter as long as text is visible and photo is clear. Its much clearer in colour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 halokid

Thanks Canadian government, I'm 36 on friday! no longer eligible for this.

A complete waste of Months of research, time, and money!

:(

Good luck to those who do get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

They do seem to be taking their sweet time about it

• Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

Anyone know how long it takes to get a police cert from the US? Just called the embassy and they only told me it depends on the FBI.

And, here's a shot in the dark, anyone know how long it takes to get one from Japan? I'm about to make an appointment with the embassy to get it sent away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 halokid

They do seem to be taking their sweet time about it

yeah for sure! seems to be the longest ever! bad luck i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Adventure wrote: »
    yep

You just need a scan of the picture page which has all your info on it. No need for scans of any pages with stamps they have your passport number they can check what countries you have been to.

So scan it and then process the scan make sure its in Jpeg and compress it so it will upload in quicker, same goes for any documents you are uploading make sure your CV is in PDF as every second will count when you are uploading.

GerPower wrote: »
    You just need a scan of the picture page which has all your info on it. No need for scans of any pages with stamps they have your passport number they can check what countries you have been to.

That's incorrect - stage 2 requires an upload of all stamped pages of your passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 my_walls

So, do we need any of the scans of stage 1? I was under the impression that that was all for stage 2, and that stage 1 was just the Kompass account stuff? And am I right in thinking that it's just stage 1 that determines your place in the queue?

my_walls wrote: »
    So, do we need any of the scans of stage 1? I was under the impression that that was all for stage 2, and that stage 1 was just the Kompass account stuff? And am I right in thinking that it's just stage 1 that determines your place in the queue?

Stage 1 determines your eligibility to participate in IEC. This is done through Kompass. If you are eligible you get a CAL. Stage 2 is work permit application through CIC - you'll need a bunch of documents, CAL being one of them, to apply. Stage 1 needs photo page of passport while stage 2 needs the photo page plus any stamps. Hope that clears up things!

That's incorrect - stage 2 requires an upload of all stamped pages of your passport.

Just going by mine last year and i didn't have to provide any scans of stamped pages. If you need them go for it but must be a new requirement.

Just going by mine last year and i didn't have to provide any scans of stamped pages. If you need them go for it but must be a new requirement.

Well it was a requirement last year, so I guess you just got lucky with whoever processed your application in CIC.

It's prob not a big deal for visa exempt countries like ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Well it was a requirement last year, so I guess you just got lucky with whoever processed your application in CIC.

I didn't have to either. I did have to list every country I had travelled to in the last 10 years which others didn't need to though

shalalala wrote: »
    I didn't have to either. I did have to list every country I had travelled to in the last 10 years which others didn't need to though

Exactly that's what i had to do as well with the year visited and the passport number if it had since expired.

• Advertisement

Last year when i was filing the form out at stage two all i had to do was fill in the countries that i had visited with the year and passport number as i had since renewed my old passport.

I do remember some people having to get medicals done as they had spent time in third world countries, and that was listed on the questionnaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Last year when i was filing the form out at stage two all i had to do was fill in the countries that i had visited with the year and passport number as i had since renewed my old passport.

I do remember some people having to get medicals done as they had spent time in third world countries, and that was listed on the questionnaire.

I dont remember the old.passport number thing but I did my travelling outside of Europe on the one passport so that is probably why.

I also had to have a medical as you have to list any conditions you are diagnosed with... They then decide if they want you to have a medical done or not based on that

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Last day in March and still no sign. Never heard of it being this late before

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

But of a joke really. You'd think that they would wait until all three types were ready to go.

Hard to make plans for this year when it is so late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Did the IEC Working holiday for 2015 close? Because the other 2 like internship and young professionals is opened but the working holiday says 0 quotos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

fontdor wrote: »
    Did the IEC Working holiday for 2015 close? Because the other 2 like internship and young professionals is opened but the working holiday says 0 quotos?

It hasn't opened yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Joekers wrote: »
    It hasn't opened yet

would you know when it will open?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 anthcunn

The French WHV opened at 16.00 today. I was in the queue to get one but ended up with nothing. The first round closed at 16.02. According to the equivalent of this forum in France, there were 2250 visas available for the first round. Second round opens on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sconn69

How much notice do you usually get? By this I mean when the website displays it will open on a certain date, is it 2, 5, 7 days in advance, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

sconn69 wrote: »
    How much notice do you usually get? By this I mean when the website displays it will open on a certain date, is it 2, 5, 7 days in advance, etc?

1 Usually!

Advertisement