Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Anyone else having problems signing up for Kompass? No matter what password I put in it keeps saying invalid password.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

fontdor wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems signing up for Kompass? No matter what password I put in it keeps saying invalid password.

Have you tried turning it on and off again? ha, but seriously it worked for me last year when it wouldn't allow me to sign in. Also, try different browser. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

guest124 wrote: »
    Have you tried turning it on and off again? ha, but seriously it worked for me last year when it wouldn't allow me to sign in. Also, try different browser. :)

Hi I tried but still no luck. Thanks for your reply anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 anthcunn

French Round 2 took place yesterday. Another 2250 visas gone in 1 min 54

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

newg300 wrote: »
    But of a joke really. You'd think that they would wait until all three types were ready to go.

Hard to make plans for this year when it is so late.

They did they same thing last year although it they were on sale by this stage problem is the Canadian immigration don't care about the people applying they know the demand for visas is huge especially in a country like this so they can do what they want and people will apply i'm just surprised they haven't upped the cost of the Visas.

Whats even worse than the waiting, is waiting then ending up with no visa which is what happened to me last year.
    anthcunn wrote: »
    French Round 2 took place yesterday. Another 2250 visas gone in 1 min 54

Ireland will be worse something like 4000 visas went in just over a minute last year and the country is only going from bad to worse so more people will be looking into these visas this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Yes, but an awful lot of people didn't take them last year. People on here were getting them throughout most of last year (from June / July onwards when the first round of unclaimed CALs expired). I wouldn't be TOO stressed, unless you're planning on going soonish.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Yes, but an awful lot of people didn't take them last year. People on here were getting them throughout most of last year (from June / July onwards when the first round of unclaimed CALs expired). I wouldn't be TOO stressed, unless you're planning on going soonish.

I got mine in September last year from the waiting list but it's not nice because your not Guaranteed one + by the time I got mine I had give up all hope of going to Canada and committed to something else so now I won't be able to go to Canada until August at the earliest this year.

Note: If you applied under the Working Holiday category for IEC, you will also need to pay the Open Work Permit Holder Fee of $100. This fee will be paid through your MyCIC account.”

This is different to last year, right?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/apply.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pink-mist

Hey guys, specific question here.

I've applied for PR. I've got my AOR. I've just applied for BOWP.
    My visa runs out in a couple of weeks, then I'll be implied until my bridging visa comes in.

My question is, can I leave the country while i STILL HAVE my current visa, or am I on 'implied' status from the minute I apply for BOWP? Because I know once I leave my implied status is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

pink-mist wrote: »
    Hey guys, specific question here.

I've applied for PR. I've got my AOR. I've just applied for BOWP.
    My visa runs out in a couple of weeks, then I'll be implied until my bridging visa comes in.

My question is, can I leave the country while i STILL HAVE my current visa, or am I on 'implied' status from the minute I apply for BOWP? Because I know once I leave my implied status is gone.

AFAIK, there is no implied status with IEC. Even applying for BOWP doesn't give implied status. You can only change to visitor status (while waiting for BOWP) but you need to stop working.

• Advertisement

AFAIK, there is no implied status with IEC. Even applying for BOWP doesn't give implied status. You can only change to visitor status (while waiting for BOWP) but you need to stop working.

This is correct.
    * Participants in international youth exchange programs (e.g., Student Work Abroad Program (SWAP), International Experience Canada (IEC) or Working Holiday Program (WHP)) do not benefit from implied status, unless extending a work permit not initially issued for the time limit authorized by the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Updated finally
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=ie&cat=wh
    The Working Holiday category (round one) will open to Irish citizens on April 14, 2015. The time of the opening will be announced the day before the category opens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

is there only one round or will there be a 2nd?? So what exactly needs to be done/required on Tuesday morning?

Cant complete Kompass account yet as under IEC Category it says Working Holiday Not Open Yet, please check IEC website. Hence I have no WTN number yet.

DO I just need to pay for the fee to acquire one of the quota spots on Tuesday? Is that it?

Sorry for all the questions, as you can probably tell, Im a bit of an idiot.

I only get my passport on Tuesday afternoon. will I need this to get one of the quota spots immediately?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FatherJessop

Do you have a passport that has expired? You will need a scanned image of a passport to upload on tuesday. If you have one that is expired you could upload that with a note explaining that your new one is arriving, I'm not sure if that will work, but you will definitely need to upload a passport. Also it may not be Tuesday morning they launch this, it could be late afternoon like it has some other countries. In that case hopefully you'd get the passport in the morning and have it scanned and ready in time.

My question: Does anyone know roughly how soon we'll need to have garda clearance forms ready?

do it tomorrow. mine took 2 days in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

Just wondering, if I'm logged into Kompass and have everything ready to rock before the designated time on Tuesday, will it update itself to give me the option to choose the WHV? Or will I have to log in after it opens IYKWIM?

Getting nervous now, thought this day would never arrive!

My question: Does anyone know roughly how soon we'll need to have garda clearance forms ready?

14 days after receiving Conditional Acceptance Letter.

Just wondering, if I'm logged into Kompass and have everything ready to rock before the designated time on Tuesday, will it update itself to give me the option to choose the WHV? Or will I have to log in after it opens IYKWIM?

Getting nervous now, thought this day would never arrive!

If logged in, you'll need to refresh the page for the WHV option to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

is there only one round or will there be a 2nd??

Most likely two rounds, imo.
    Also it may not be Tuesday morning they launch this, it could be late afternoon like it has some other countries.

Very good chance it'll be in the afternoon/evening. It's unlikely to be in the morning as its run from Ottawa, 5 hours behind us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

face1990 wrote: »
    Most likely two rounds, imo.

Very good chance it'll be in the afternoon/evening. It's unlikely to be in the morning as its run from Ottawa, 5 hours behind us.

Last year it opened at 8pm! But the year before it was 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

How do I need a scanned photo on Tuesday!?? Thought I didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

The copy of the passport, is it meant to be in any special format? ie black and white or just the main page with the id pic. I have it just scanned with both pages in black and white. Getting nervous about the whole thing now. I have the clearance certs from the Oz police and gardai, how long do they last? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Theres no need to panic, you can use your phone take picture of your passport and garda clearence cert have them ready when it opens round 1 youve to upload your passport and cv im fairly sure garda clearence cert for round 2 just make sure its clear and readable and no cut corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

tonydude wrote: »
    The copy of the passport, is it meant to be in any special format? ie black and white or just the main page with the id pic. I have it just scanned with both pages in black and white. Getting nervous about the whole thing now. I have the clearance certs from the Oz police and gardai, how long do they last? Thanks

Took me about two to three weeks to get my Australian Police Cert and only two days to get my Garda Cert so you have plenty of time. Just a note if you are uploading docs for round one, use pdf format for your CV and edit the Passport so its as small as possible it will save you loads of time when you have to upload them and i believe it has to be in colour. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

GerPower wrote: »
    Took me about two to three weeks to get my Australian Police Cert and only two days to get my Garda Cert so you have plenty of time. Just a note if you are uploading docs for round one, use pdf format for your CV and edit the Passport so its as small as possible it will save you loads of time when you have to upload them and i believe it has to be in colour. Good luck

Thanks guys I have my cv in Microsoft word and its only 16kb its, 166kb in pdf. Also I already have my 2 police certs , im afraid they'll go out of date since I have them since february

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Can somebody clear up for me where / when I need my passport scan for!?

Thought I only needed it if my initial submission went through.

If that goes through then I'm fine? Not under pressure for time anymore??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Moonbox

I've booked a flight for the 4th of May a few months ago as it was very cheap and thought I'd have visa all sorted by then. Can anyone shed a bit of light on the possibility of me and the lads getting everything in time?

I've seen on the CIC website CAL takes 2 weeks, is this all you need for entry or do you also need the work permit to get into Canada?

Garth.

Not a chance

• Advertisement

you will get entry no problem but you will then need someone to send the visa to you by mail to Canada. get a bus down to Buffalo, and reenter country on the work visa.

Advertisement