Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Moonbox

So will we need to book return flights to gain entry in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

no, all you need is a ticket booked to Buffalo in say a years time or the funds to prove you can fly home

I'm kinda lost here mate, I thought you can only be in Canada for 3 months with no visa?

Also we're going to be in Vancouver so would crossing into Washington not be easiest as it's a 40 min drive opposed to 40 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Is anyone else getting a security error in the web browser when you try to open a Kompass account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Getting the CAL is only stage 1 of IEC, so it's very unlikely you would get the process completed in under 3 weeks.

It's possible that you can enter as a visitor before getting the IEC permit, but you would at least need to have a return flight booked for within 6 months of your arrival date. I would not attempt to enter the country as a visitor with no return flight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

Moonbox wrote:
    Also we're going to be in Vancouver so would crossing into Washington not be easiest as it's a 40 min drive opposed to 40 hours!

Moonbox wrote:
    I'm kinda lost here mate, I thought you can only be in Canada for 3 months with no visa?

its 6 months tourist visa when you enter Canada. only 3 in the states. yes sorry go to Seattle then :)

Getting the CAL is only stage 1 of IEC, so it's very unlikely you would get the process completed in under 3 weeks.

It's possible that you can enter as a visitor before getting the IEC permit, but you would at least need to have a return flight booked for within 6 months of your arrival date. I would not attempt to enter the country as a visitor with no return flight.

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing just buying a return flight, I thought it's only 90 days you can spend as a visitor? Another thing I was thinking, a flight to america would be way cheaper and shows I'm leaving Canada I wonder if that would be accepted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 newuser998

My Police Certificate is dated February 10th. Am I correct in presuming that the Police Certificate can be no older than 3 months when it is submitted to CIC? Would it be worth applying for another one to be sure, or is it still ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

I'm waiting on my police cert from the USA and it should take about 2 months, allegedly. Assuming I get the first round done, will it matter that I have to wait a little longer for the police cert? Is there anything I can send them in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bhoyo44

I was in Canada between September 2013-September 2014. Do I need a Canadian police certificate and if so how long does it take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

The Working Holiday category (round one) will open to Irish citizens on April 14, 2015, at 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (19:00 Dublin time).

The Working Holiday category (round two) will open to Irish citizens on April 16, 2015. The time of the opening will be announced the day before the category opens.
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=ie&cat=wh

• Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

7pm tomorrow, excellent. Thanks mydiscworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sconn69

I see they still haven't displayed the time that it will open at. What is it like when it's open, eg, like trying to get Glastonbury (or Garth Brooks) tickets, page loading then comes back to say all gone? How long does it usually take to be all snapped up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 snortysnore

Hey guys. I have a letter of introduction from last years round 2. Unfortunately my personal circumstances changed and I haven't moved to Canada yet. The letter expires at the end of July. Is it possible for me to apply again tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

Hey guys. I have a letter of introduction from last years round 2. Unfortunately my personal circumstances changed and I haven't moved to Canada yet. The letter expires at the end of July. Is it possible for me to apply again tonight?

Unfortuntely NO. Once you get your LOI that counts as a participation and since we can only participate once... you cannot apply again. Regardless of whether you use it or not. Would it be possible for you to take a weekend trip to Toronto to activate it just?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=849&t=25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Can someone clarify this for me, I don't need a copy of my passport and Canadian CV until a few days yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Can someone clarify this for me, I don't need a copy of my passport and Canadian CV until a few days yeah?

You'll need both in order to complete your application tonight

tonydude wrote: »
    You'll need both in order to complete your application tonight

But they're is nowhere to put them on the Kompass account? Is it not within 48 hours when you get your WTN and then you pay the fee and upload them both?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kanyewesht

Which page exactly should I be refreshing at 7pm tonight. I presume it's the Kompass account homepage, the one that shows your application status( can't link because I'm new ).

Then when 7pm hits just go to the IEC category, choose working holiday then submit the application?

Thanks in advance.

We gotta wait til 7 before the option to upload our files becomes available, have all sections complete, then at 7 the last section opens up

• Advertisement

We gotta wait til 7 before the option to upload our files becomes available, have all sections complete, then at 7 the last section opens up

Its in 48 hours. All we do is submit it tonight. Unless I'm getting this completly wrong.

I was under the impression they had to be uploaded tonight, things just got easier if it's that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

I was under the impression they had to be uploaded tonight, things just got easier if it's that way

Yea I'm confused about this part myself, at what point does it ask us to upload the two documents?

Joekers wrote: »
    Yea I'm confused about this part myself, at what point does it ask us to upload the two documents?

AFAIK we will be prompted to upload documents and complete payments within 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Would i still have time to apply for garda cert and apply when it arrives?Didnt think round two would start on the 16th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

According to the OP of this thread, once you submit everything on Kompass tonight, you get your WTN, and at that stage you have 48 hours to upload documents (passport & CV) and pay the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr Woolbrains

Hi guys, I have been obsessively reading these threads for what seems like an eternity.

The one area I've never been 100% clear on is which elements of the process are time sensitive and determines your place in the queue? Is it just tonight's submission?

I have my profile prepared in advance like most people I am sure.

So tonight we will all rush to select the WHV and then submit the whole shebang. Is it this one submission that determines your place in the queue? Or is every element afterwards such as the document upload also determining your place on the queue?

So say for example you are the first person to click submit tonight but then within 48 hours when you have to upload the required documents others submit their documents before you. Are they then ahead of you? Or is it just the initial submission tonight that determines your place? The entire process is well harsh!

Sorry I am just ill with anxiety over this as I have gambled my current job on this and need to move over for personal reasons. :)

Thanks a mill for any help!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭AG918

Should we be refreshing our Kompass account overview page or the IEC category selection page itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 matt1011

Hey guys I'm from the North and have already applied from on the British scheme so I did all this a few weeks back successfully so i thought I'd help answer some concerns.
    Seems to be some confusion about it but you dont need your passport or resume for today but you will need your passport number and its expiry date, everything else is just stuff you should already know like DOB and address.

I'm sure most of you guys know this already but the visas go super quickly, as the British one went in 12 mins, so you have to be as quick as possible.

One other thing is that you have to enter the dates in differently than over here so it is Year, Month, Day. That almost tripped me up in my attempt

Lastly, good luck folks!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 WIMBOT

Hi Guys,

I have I have yet to create a Kompass account ( I take I need to wait till 7 to do this at this stage). My question is, once I have created my account, do I then need to login and log out or anything for the last section to appear? And if does it mean I will effectively be put to be back of the queue if I have to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement