Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

WIMBOT wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have I have yet to create a Kompass account ( I take I need to wait till 7 to do this at this stage). My question is, once I have created my account, do I then need to login and log out or anything for the last section to appear? And if does it mean I will effectively be put to be back of the queue if I have to do this?

Thanks in advance!

You should be able to create an account now.

https://kompass-2015-iec-eic.international.gc.ca/sign_in-connexion?regionCode=IE&Lang=eng&_ga=1.74106642.1023368948.1424719486

I would definitely do this before it opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

WIMBOT wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have I have yet to create a Kompass account ( I take I need to wait till 7 to do this at this stage). My question is, once I have created my account, do I then need to login and log out or anything for the last section to appear? And if does it mean I will effectively be put to be back of the queue if I have to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Create the Kompass account and have everything bar the IEC Category ready to go before 7 mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Is anyone having trouble logging in to kompass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

WhatYaSay wrote: »

its gone very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

Probably cause everyone's been hitting the refresh button for the past 20 mins.

• Advertisement

WhatYaSay wrote: »

Make sure your on a computer too. Doesn't work on phone or tablet apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 4 matt1011

As far as I am aware you have to create your Kompass accounts at 7pm, not anytime before. That is what it was like for the British one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Do you think we'll have to log out of kompass and in again or will just staying logged in on the category page be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

matt1011 wrote: »
    As far as I am aware you have to create your Kompass accounts at 7pm, not anytime before. That is what it was like for the British one

Yes but the British one didn't have the Young Professionals/Internship options. You can 100% create an Kompass account for Ireland before 7pm and you're a fool if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 matt1011

Yes but the British one didn't have the Young Professionals/Internship options. You can 100% create an Kompass account for Ireland before 7pm and you're a fool if you don't.

Ok fair, I really only did my homework for the british one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

commence the pressing of F5

good luck everyone

Wishing you all speedy internet connections.

Well this reload is taking forever.

boom got it at 000316 (i think and hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

So say for example you are the first person to click submit tonight but then within 48 hours when you have to upload the required documents others submit their documents before you. Are they then ahead of you? Or is it just the initial submission tonight that determines your place?

There's no queue at this stage - theres however many visas in the quota, once that many people have applied at 7, it closes. No more applications till round 2.

After round 2, anyone who didnt get a place can join a queue for places that become available.
    People who don't complete the next stages in tim lose their place and it's given to someone on the waiting list, first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 anthcunn

Boom! 190

3,850 spots up for grabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

not even loading fully for me

2217. Damnit. Hope there's more than 2,000 available.

• Advertisement

clopow wrote: »
    2217. Damnit. Hope there's more than 2,000 available.

there is 3,850

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

3,850 spots up for grabs

Am I right in thinking (hoping) a WTN under 3850 this evening will mean a place in the quota?

there is 3,850
    Awesome, thank you for that. Fingers crossed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

got a WTN, submitted 2.03pm. think that's a good sign :). ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

WHATS THE CAPITAL OF IRELAND!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 anthcunn

Does anybody read these posts? All the information you could possibly need is here. Page #1 is a great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Lost valuable seconds there on the tricky surprise question. Scary stuff! :pac:
    In the 600's anyway. Grand job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 9nlik1mqejofsw

So if you receive a number under 3500, then you're in is the logic yeah?
    Got 001977, so I hope that's alright :D Good Luck everyone!

Also was anyone else screaming at their computers to hurry the f*ck up! Reload took forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

anthcunn wrote: »
    Does anybody read these posts? All the information you could possibly need is here. Page #1 is a great start.

In fairness, I hadn't heard mention of the Capital of Ireland question, which threw me for a second. Maybe I just missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bhoyo44

BOOM! DONE

Advertisement