Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 WIMBOT

Just got mine. Thank you to circular flexing for helping me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

newg300 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking (hoping) a WTN under 3850 this evening will mean a place in the quota?

Basically any WTN means you're in. They usually go a few over and then after that applications are blocked, from what I can remember people saying last year. Unless it is the last round then WTN over the amount means waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Are there 3850 in the total quota, or in this round only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

3572 spots gone in the first ten minutes. Wow!

Congrats to those who were successful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

So, assuming all goes well and one receives one's CAL, what happens if they don't have the police cert within the 2 weeks? Do they get rejected or just put on a waiting list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Nearly had a break down took 10 min for my application to get through, then I started my fiancée s and had it done in 1 min, frustrating, got 3701 she got 3801

• Registered Users Posts: 4 matt1011

clopow wrote: »
    So, assuming all goes well and one receives one's CAL, what happens if they don't have the police cert within the 2 weeks? Do they get rejected or just put on a waiting list?

There is a section called additional documents, just upload a letter saying you have sent for it but has yet to arrive.

matt1011 wrote: »
    There is a section called additional documents, just upload a letter saying you have sent for it but has yet to arrive.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Round one (current round)

Quota: 3,850
    Opened on: April 14, 2015, at 14:00 EDT (19:00 Dublin time)
    Closed on: April 14, 2015 at 14:12 EDT (19:12 Dublin time)
    Just got in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

WTN 0001... KISS MY FACE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

guest124 wrote: »
    Basically any WTN means you're in. They usually go a few over and then after that applications are blocked, from what I can remember people saying last year. Unless it is the last round then WTN over the amount means waiting list.

OK thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

did you have to upload any documents this time or is that later?

allanb49 wrote: »
    did you have to upload any documents this time or is that later?

I believe it's later when you get your CAL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

I have everything fillled out except for the part where you must pick which IEC you are applying for. For round two do I have to fill everything out again or do I just click the part where you must pick your IEC type and then submit application?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

WTN in the bag!

So now are we waiting on a message from IEC to upload our documents and pay the fee? Then we get our CAL?

fontdor wrote: »
    I have everything fillled out except for the part where you must pick which IEC you are applying for. For round two do I have to fill everything out again or do I just click the part where you must pick your IEC type and then submit application?

Yep. Just refresh the page and click the WHP and answer the silly question, then submit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

could you apply twice with a different email?

Yep. Just refresh the page and click the WHP and answer the silly question, then submit.

thanks for your answer sorry for the nooby question what does WHP mean?

fontdor wrote: »
    thanks for your answer sorry for the nooby question what does WHP mean?

Sorry, my fat fingers hit the wrong button, I meant WHV; Working Holiday Visa. Just for point of reference on how far away my mind was, 'p' and 'v' are very far from each other on the keyboard.

Sorry, my fat fingers hit the wrong button, I meant WHV; Working Holiday Visa. Just for point of reference on how far away my mind was, 'p' and 'v' are very far from each other on the keyboard.

thanks so much again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Can you apply if you 35?Just wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 newuser998

My WTN is in the low 2000s so I'm presuming I'll have no issues getting the visa.

Regarding health insurance, will I have any problems showing up with 6 months worth of it? I can only stay for 6 months so I don't need a 2 year visa. Worst case scenario: they issue me with a 6 month visa. Best case scenario: they don't carefully examine my health insurance and issue me with a 2 year visa. Correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 9nlik1mqejofsw

newuser998 wrote: »
    My WTN is in the low 2000s so I'm presuming I'll have no issues getting the visa.

Regarding health insurance, will I have any problems showing up with 6 months worth of it? I can only stay for 6 months so I don't need a 2 year visa. Worst case scenario: they issue me with a 6 month visa. Best case scenario: they don't carefully examine my health insurance and issue me with a 2 year visa. Correct?

Correct! Your visa will be issued for the same length as your insurance coverage. So 6 months insurance = 6 Month visa! Just be sure that's how long you'll be staying over for and not running longer and you should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 problum8

Guys slow off the mark here. Just say that its opened now..Am i too late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

problum8 wrote: »
    Guys slow off the mark here. Just say that its opened now..Am i too late

Second stage is out on Thursday. Thats your last chance to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

can somebody explain the health insurance to me.

I currently have vhi. It runs out in the summer. For a two year visa do I need to ring vhi and ask them to give me a two year policy!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

You need specific insurance, that covers you in Canada for the duration of your visa (so, 2 years). VHI's specific policy is called 'Canada Cover' and it costs about 329e for two years cover.

Ok so I have my IEC application complete apart from the IEC category. Is that the only thing I need to do when I log on Thursday?

How many places will be offered in the second round??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Same as today 3850

Advertisement