Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Anyone know how much the overall cost of the visa will be ? I seen its up in price from last year but cant find an exact price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Joekers wrote: »
    Anyone know how much the overall cost of the visa will be ? I seen its up in price from last year but cant find an exact price

It's $150 at the CAL stage + $100 at the CIC stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 9nlik1mqejofsw

Right quick question...

Just logged back into my Kompass Account and in the "Application Requirements" box theres " IEC Application: Locked: Special Instructions: View Application" ...The note box above says that it's for requesting additional information. Looked through, only information missing is my credit card info but I thought we could put that through later when we actually paid. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 my_walls

I got the message through Kompass there, telling me I have until the 24th or something to upload my CV and passport and pay the fee. Am I right in saying that I don't need to rush this part to secure my visa? As in, now that I have the WTN, as long as I upload the documents and pay the fee by the 24th I'll be grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

I didn't get any message does that mean I didn't get a space?! Even though I got a WTN number which was under 3000! :(. Did anyone else not get that message yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Moonbox

Right quick question...

Just logged back into my Kompass Account and in the "Application Requirements" box theres " IEC Application: Locked: Special Instructions: View Application" ...The note box above says that it's for requesting additional information. Looked through, only information missing is my credit card info but I thought we could put that through later when we actually paid. No?

I think that's just a note, I looked at that page and I have none of the banking details filled in. I never saw them before?

Is there a help desk number one could call?! I am really worried now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

my_walls wrote: »
    I got the message through Kompass there, telling me I have until the 24th or something to upload my CV and passport and pay the fee. Am I right in saying that I don't need to rush this part to secure my visa? As in, now that I have the WTN, as long as I upload the documents and pay the fee by the 24th I'll be grand?

What was your WTN? I have not received a message yet, Im sure theyre just getting through them.

It is 2956. My boyfriend got his now- so I am really worried!!! Do you think it might be the case that they are just still processing them?

Thanks a mil.

Just so nervous and anxious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Moonbox

It can take 48 hours for it to come, mine came at 5am this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Guys quick question,i havent applyed for my garda cert as i thought round 2 would be in 2 to 3 weeks from round one,anyway is it worth getting my garda cert and applying and hoping for the best,When all the places are taken does this mean one doesnt have a chance or does some people be refused?Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

Hey guys, I can't open the email. I'm using a mac with my adobe updated, but it still won't open. Anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 anthcunn

clopow wrote: »
    Hey guys, I can't open the email. I'm using a mac with my adobe updated, but it still won't open. Anyone else having this issue?

Yeah, I'm having trouble too. I'm getting a message suggesting Adobe isn't up to date. I just updated Adobe but still getting the same "please wait" message.

anthcunn wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm having trouble too. I'm getting a message suggesting Adobe isn't up to date. I just updated Adobe but still getting the same "please wait" message.

I emailed them saying I can't open it even after updating. This is frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I'm in the same boat as others. Friend got his email. I didn't get mine.

Hopefully they're just working their way through.

Remember they're 5 hours behind so shouldn't expect any to be done today til at least 2pm

clopow wrote: »
    anthcunn wrote: »

I was having trouble too but I downloaded it to my desktop and opened it from there rather than through the browser and it worked. Might be worth a go

I was having trouble too but I downloaded it to my desktop and opened it from there rather than through the browser and it worked. Might be worth a go

I just restarted my laptop after deleting and downloading adobe again. Finally got it working. Thanks for your help, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SelOT

Hello all,

I'm in the same boat as some of the others; locked application but no message. I was well under quota. I think the Kompass system may have been experiencing issues earlier. It took me over 10 mins to log in.

I know that it can take 48hrs, so we'll see how the rest of the day goes. Would those affected mind updating when/if their message arrives?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ROREO93

So I noticed that the processing time for the work permit is 8 weeks. Does anyone know how realistic this estimation is? I'm hoping to receive it much sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

its pretty dead on to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

I have a question. How does the fee system work as in what is the 100 canadian dollars for and what is the 150 canadian dollars for? When do you pay these? Once paid are you guaranteed a spot?

Ok, so I paid, uploaded cv and passport scan (not great quality unfort)

Now I'm waiting for what??

Another email.....to upload Garda clearance?? Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Ok, so I paid, uploaded cv and passport scan (not great quality unfort)

Now I'm waiting for what??

Another email.....to upload Garda clearance?? Is that it?

Application Guide for Foreign Applicants – International Experience Canada (IEC)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/IEC.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 9nlik1mqejofsw

To give people who haven't received their email yet. I got my email at 9.30am this morning and I was 1977 on my WTN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr Woolbrains

Like many others, still waiting for my message. Was so angry yesterday despite just about getting in. Everyone, make sure you are 100% on your password. I have literally been obsessing and preparing for yesterday probably more than any sane human out there and even then things went wrong.

I was refreshing all day yesterday. Went over every section a million times before submitting. Had everything bar the category ready to go. Had my phone ready to tether should the internet go down. Had my password and security questions in a notepad doc so all I would need to do is paste in should they require them. Was there the second the category opened. Expected to be in the top 50...

Except the password in the doc wouldn't work when it prompted me to put it in at the end. Typed it in again and again. Turns out all the lowercase letters were uppercase and vice versa. When I created the password in the first place it must have been on caps lock or something. Can you believe it! As the password was saved, I never knew this as you only see the dots, so when I put it in twice when creating the account, it said they matched. Me none the wiser...

Panicked, had a heart attack and then Googled how to view my saved passwords in Firefox to see what I was doing wrong. And then I saw the cases were reversed. By the time it was all done, 3000 plus people had gotten in. Months and months of preparation and obsessing down the drain...

Relieved that I scraped in the 3600's but still a tiny bit heartbroken after the slightly deranged level of prep I did this. At one point even questioning if Dublin really was the capital of Ireland :P And now I have to wait at the bottom of the pile :P

Anyway check your password folks to those waiting for round 2. /rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SelOT

My notification just came through, I was in the mid 2K range. Looks like they're coming through slooowly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bhoyo44

Anyone else unable to access their Kompass account? If been trying for ages but keep getting forbidden messages or just not loading!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Got my email today at 5 30, no biggy

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Can't open the pdf thing either.
    Does it actually say anything interesting?
    I can go ahead and upload docs and pay now anyway.

• Advertisement

It says nothing worthwhile.

Just says, go upload the documents

Advertisement