Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ROREO93

DubVelo wrote: »
    Can't open the pdf thing either.
    Does it actually say anything interesting?
    I can go ahead and upload docs and pay now anyway.

Just open the file with anything other than a browser and it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 problum8

Hi, I was too late on Tuesday so I'm hoping that I can get through round 1 this evening. What time is it open at? Also if anyone has any tips on how to be ready to ensure a spot please let me know!! Thank you

problum8 wrote: »
    Hi, I was too late on Tuesday so I'm hoping that I can get through round 1 this evening. What time is it open at? Also if anyone has any tips on how to be ready to ensure a spot please let me know!! Thank you

Hey, Opens at 3pm today.

I got my spot by being logged into Kompass before the time and constantly refreshing the application page as soon as hit 7pm.
    As soon as the Working Holiday Visa options pops up click that and 'complete' application.
    Then be ready to enter your password a few times and also answer a question like 'what is the capital of Ireland?'

All that and a decent internet connection should secure you a spot :)

Thanks for that.. In a meeting at 3 but will have to sneak out for a bit!!

Im in the IEC category now. Do i keep refreshing until the working holiday visa category comes up at 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

How many letters in the word Ireland? F**k off!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

So are the numbers starting from 3850 this time does anyone know from past experience? Or is it from zero again?

3,160 Spots still available after first 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

3,160 Spots still available after first 10 minutes.

Where did u find that?
    Found it

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Where did u find that?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=ie&cat=wh

Wow and 3,037 available after 20 mins

• Advertisement

I applyed,but i have just applyed for my garda cert today,Isnt it 10 days to upload documents?Not sure if it will be here ontime:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I applyed,but i have just applyed for my garda cert today,Isnt it 10 days to upload documents?Not sure if it will be here ontime:(

You don't need the Garda cert till Stage 2 mate. You'll be fine.

You have 10 days to pay for stage one and upload cv and passport scan.

After that you will be given your CAL then have 15 days after that to apply for stage 2. This is where you will need your garda cert. So you still have plenty of time

Cool Thanks very much guys for the replys,thought i wasnt goin to get it:):):):):):):)

Still showing 2,976 left, Ireland (7 characters, Dublin is the capital) finally ran out of young people! :p

Hi got a notification of submission so am I all done for now?! Next step is to have docs and payment before Sunday week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dannimcq1

Ok so, I think I'm up to date with everything, uploaded my passport photo & CV and am waiting for a message to tell me what to do next.

I think they're going to direct me to the My CIC page where I upload a few other documents, including the CAL (which I think expires two weeks from when I get it or something?)

One of the documents the want me to upload is results from a medical exam... I'm assuming this is because I'm a teacher. It says only certain physicians can do it, and gives a list of people near me who can do it. I enquirer with one and they said it would be £300 to do the exam and file the documents they need.

THREE HUNDRED POUNDS!!!! Crazy!!

Does anyone else have to get this? If so, can you let me know if you have heard of any alternative way of doing it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

dannimcq1 wrote: »
    Ok so, I think I'm up to date with everything, uploaded my passport photo & CV and am waiting for a message to tell me what to do next.

I think they're going to direct me to the My CIC page where I upload a few other documents, including the CAL (which I think expires two weeks from when I get it or something?)

One of the documents the want me to upload is results from a medical exam... I'm assuming this is because I'm a teacher. It says only certain physicians can do it, and gives a list of people near me who can do it. I enquirer with one and they said it would be £300 to do the exam and file the documents they need.

Does anyone else have to get this? If so, can you let me know if you have heard of any alternative way of doing it?

are you still on stage 1 right? Where you have to pay the fee and upload the cv and passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

You only have to get a medical if you lived in a third world country where a certain disease is prevalent or if you intend to work in certain professions. Here is a link to the information but if you intend to work as a teacher you will need one i'm afraid its on the list.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dannimcq1

fontdor wrote: »
    are you still on stage 1 right? Where you have to pay the fee and upload the cv and passport?

Yep, I've uploaded my CV and paid the $150 fee. Just waiting for a message to come through telling me what to do next.

Because the CAL (if I get it) expires in 15 days, I'm trying to get ahead with other documents I might need like a CRB & a medical check but I think I only need that because I'm a teacher.

• Advertisement

Yep, I've uploaded my CV and paid the $150 fee. Just waiting for a message to come through telling me what to do next.

Because the CAL (if I get it) expires in 15 days, I'm trying to get ahead with other documents I might need like a CRB & a medical check but I think I only need that because I'm a teacher.

Ah I see. Well best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Is it possible to do the medical over there, if offered a job on one of those areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

newg300 wrote: »
    Is it possible to do the medical over there, if offered a job on one of those areas?

I think it is but you would also need to get your permit amended, which would mean a trip to the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

GerPower wrote: »
    You only have to get a medical if you lived in a third world country where a certain disease is prevalent or if you intend to work in certain professions. Here is a link to the information but if you intend to work as a teacher you will need one i'm afraid its on the list.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

Plenty of countries on that list that wouldn't exactly be third world.

For the mycic part where you have to put your nationality as Ireland what happens if one is not from Ireland and has got their citizenship in Ireland do you still put your nationality as Ireland? And how long does it usually take to get a Cal?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Plenty of countries on that list that wouldn't exactly be third world.

Well practically every African country is on the list and of course what we dont realise places in the Baltic regions like Latvia have a problem with Lyme disease, TB and Hepatitis so that why i imagine most of the lesser eastern European countries are listed. Portugal being on the list is strange though and i have never heard of New Ireland where ever that may be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wesleygreer

I have gone through the visa process recently and successfully gotten an iec working holiday visa.. if you have any questions or worries just ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

How do they know you're a teacher? They read every cv??

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

hey guys is photo of the passport ok? (as long as its clear and large?)

Also for the C.V Format can anyone provide a link to the C.V format they prefer/require?

• Advertisement

hey guys is photo of the passport ok? (as long as its clear and large?)

Also for the C.V Format can anyone provide a link to the C.V format they prefer/require?

Hey, for the passport a high quality photo of it should be just fine. For the CV they only support PDF. I tried uploading .Docx and it said it is not supported so I used this site to convert it from .Docx to .PDF: http://www.zamzar.com/convert/docx-to-pdf/

best of luck.

Advertisement