Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ROREO93

To everyone who has uploaded the documents and payed the fee. Does it just say locked beside each category at the moment?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

ROREO93 wrote: »
    To everyone who has uploaded the documents and payed the fee. Does it just say locked beside each category at the moment?

Yes it says locked. Though you can view what documents you uploaded but it is locked you can't delete or upload new files.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 annick

hey everyone,
    I am worried about the myCIC account, I opened one in advance to get ready and now it is due to expire in 7 days, and I'm waiting on my CAL still. Does anyone know if you can extend your myCIC account?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

I'm really nervous about my passport photo, all the main information shows and my picture is clear but small text in blue like "passport no" is extremely hard to make out.

If I scan does it need to be a color scan?

Also for the CV as long as you have summary, experience, education,name, address it should be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jsheehy101

Hi, if anyone has a bit of advice on the following I'd appreciate.

I've applied for my CAL and have my police cert from Ireland. Having read the OP though it seems I need to have one from EVERY country I've lived in. I've lived in Australia, South Korea and the UK since I turned 18, which makes this a massive pain in the arse (especially the UK and South Korea ones). Does anybody have any experience with how this works and how stringent they are with this part of the application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jsheehy101

Sorry for the double post, I can't edit the last one for some reason...

Anyway, the above question is stupid and I'd like to amend it: Has anybody gone through the process of getting a police cert from the Republic of Korea? I'd imagine it's going to be a bit of a nightmare...

Also, if I receive my CAL on Monday does that mean I need to have it and ALL of my other documents uploaded to MyCIC within 15 days, or just the CAL? I've read elsewhere that you have 60 days to complete the MyCIC application (which would be loads of time to get my **** together) but this seems contrary to the time limit on the CAL?

Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sully0182

Anyone else having trouble uploading their documents? It says upload the documents listed in the table below, but there are no documents in the table, just headers and there's no where to upload anyway, just the 'Save Only' button. I reached out to IEC but I haven't had much info back...Any help is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

not me i picked choose file, then upload.

Feel so much like i forgot something the picture of my passport im not very confident on though its the best i could get and my CV i tried to stay as close to the format they provided on the site. Still feel like soemthing is not good enough :(

Are they pretty lenient with the C.V's and passports? or very strict?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

oh my god, I forgot the fatha on a vowel in my name in one section... they definitely won't give me a Visa now!!!!

Relax everyone, adjustments can be made via messaging system if there is any issue with your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 petetheme86

I was convicted of a DUI in June 2008 & was band off the road on till June 2010, it will be five years this June since then & that is the only ever conviction I've had since or before then. World Tracking Number (WTN): DUBLN-IE-15-WHP-001829 I got this first try Tuesday. Now I've read everything on this matter and I now the deal, as I probably should of filled out a rehabilitation form and submitted it over a year ago, but that probably wouldn't of made much of a difference as they state 5years should have passed from the time your band was up before submitted a rehabilitation form. Also I'm a qualified bricklayer which might help me, as I at least offer that to their country and since then I've gone to South Africa twice to build schools, I don't know if that shows to them that I'm no longer some drunk driver idiot and someone of good character. I know my chances are very slim of getting a visa, but I'm just looking to find out if anyone knows or heard of someone in my situation getting a Canadian visa? Thanks for reading this and sorry if it's poorly written.

• Advertisement

Anyone else running out of time with the 60 day myCIC account??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

Hi all. I am in the process of collecting all the docs that I will need to upload to get my visa. As I lived in the States for a year, I applied about a month ago for a FBI clearance cert. However I am worried as I have not yet received it and no processing payment has even been taken from my account. I am just generally worried that perhaps my application has not been received by the FBI. Has anyone got a contact number/email for the FBI division which deals with identity clearance certificate requests? Thanks a mil! This forum has been a lifesaver!

annick wrote: »

You are running out of time? How come? I'll check mine now.

Can you tell me where exactly it says you are running out of time? I have logged in using gckey and I am on the page where there are topics like: My Application, Immigrate etc....

Thanks for the reply :) In your myCIC where there is the table of info about your application, beside where you click to continue application, here it says 'Days left to complete application'.
    Mine says 6 now.

Thanks for the reply :) In your myCIC where there is the table of info about your application, beside where you click to continue application, here it says 'Days left to complete application'.
    Mine says 6 now.

No problem I'll check again now.

Mine says 6 now.

Hi i just checked it doesnt say anything for me
    Would you not be able to makeva new account when you get your CAL?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭guest124

hey everyone,
    I am worried about the myCIC account, I opened one in advance to get ready and now it is due to expire in 7 days, and I'm waiting on my CAL still. Does anyone know if you can extend your myCIC account?

Don't worry. If it expires you just do it again! (questionnaire etc). Last year I did the questionnaire while researching how the visa process works and by the time the visas were released mycic had expired, so I just filled it all in again.

Oh good, I was worried it would be a one shot only type of thing, since I couldn't find anything to tell me otherwise. Thanks!

I was at the Garda Station in my local town on Friday. I had written a letter to the superintendent but the lady at the station gave me a form for foreign counselar and said I must fill that out and bring it back in. She also told me have evidence that you applied for the IEC is that correct? What evidence should I provide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

GerPower wrote: »
    Follow what the it says on the Garda Website and layout your letter they way they ask you too but it doesn't do any harm to add in the actual Canadian Police Request form i have the link here for you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterA_e.pdf

Good luck

Use this

Does anyone know if my passport number can be changed after validating my application for work permit on my CIC account? I havent validated the application yet. Waiting on a new passport.

ColmBr wrote: »
    Use this

Thanks so much so I just fill out this form and bring it tomorrow?

fontdor wrote: »
    Thanks so much so I just fill out this form and bring it tomorrow?

Yep. It worked for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

I have a query about the resume format. According to the cic website which shows the resume format, it's education first, followed by work experience. However, other websites say it's work experience first, followed by the education last. What have people been doing?! I'm so worried I am going to get this wrong! Thanks a mil!!

lalala85 wrote: »
    I have a query about the resume format. According to the cic website which shows the resume format, it's education first, followed by work experience. However, other websites say it's work experience first, followed by the education last. What have people been doing?! I'm so worried I am going to get this wrong! Thanks a mil!!

Don't worry about it it is quite unlikely they'll refuse you because of the format. But do what the CIC website says since that it there main website. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tp_daly

I uploaded my documents, passport photo and paid. After paying there's a conformation page. On the bottom it looks for a signature. Are we meant to sign this? If so how do we upload it or who do we send it to?
    Thanks

tp_daly wrote: »
    I uploaded my documents, passport photo and paid. After paying there's a conformation page. On the bottom it looks for a signature. Are we meant to sign this? If so how do we upload it or who do we send it to?
    Thanks

You don't have to sign it I think that's just for yourself to keep as proof of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tp_daly

fontdor wrote: »
    You don't have to sign it I think that's just for yourself to keep as proof of payment.

Ok that's great. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 cog in the machine

sully0182 wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble uploading their documents? It says upload the documents listed in the table below, but there are no documents in the table, just headers and there's no where to upload anyway, just the 'Save Only' button. I reached out to IEC but I haven't had much info back...Any help is appreciated!
    I am having the same problem. I messaged em and they said it would be sorted in 72 hours. But still heard nothing since Thursday. So messaged em again so eating to hear

Advertisement