Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

Still 2,540 spots available for round two. Will it stay open until they are filled(or close enough) or will they close it after a certain period?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

will stay open.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sully0182

I am having the same problem. I messaged em and they said it would be sorted in 72 hours. But still heard nothing since Thursday. So messaged em again so eating to hear

Mine was sorted this evening - I kept on to them until it was fixed basically so keep pestering them and keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 cog in the machine

sully0182 wrote: »
    Mine was sorted this evening - I kept on to them until it was fixed basically so keep pestering them and keep the faith!

Good it sorted this eve too.

Can someone pop up a link to the myCIC account, where to create?

I created a GCKey whatever that is which logs me into something, however all it says is it allows me to change a passowrd or whatever. Doesnt seem to be area for submitting documents etc (I know its not open yet to do that until we receive CAL from Kompass Account).

• Advertisement

Can someone pop up a link to the myCIC account, where to create?

I created a GCKey whatever that is which logs me into something, however all it says is it allows me to change a passowrd or whatever. Doesnt seem to be area for submitting documents etc (I know its not open yet to do that until we receive CAL from Kompass Account).

Hey, log in here using GCkey http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

You can scroll down and start your application then upload your CAL once you get it.

Hey, log in here using GCkey http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

You can scroll down and start your application then upload your CAL once you get it.

Thanks Man. What did people upload for Travel Itinerary Stuff?

Like I wont be booking anything until Im sure I have the Visa sorted.

I heard someone here maybe used Google Flights or something??

Thanks Man. What did people upload for Travel Itinerary Stuff?

Like I wont be booking anything until Im sure I have the Visa sorted.

I heard someone here maybe used Google Flights or something??

No bother. Check this PDF out I got from an IEC group on Facebook. Basically its a letter of explanation rather than actual Flight details. Just follow the format and edit it to suit you.

IEC group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/iecvisa/806925122730515/

No bother. Check this PDF out I got from an IEC group on Facebook. Basically its a letter of explanation rather than actual Flight details. Just follow the format and edit it to suit you.

IEC group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/iecvisa/806925122730515/

Much Appreciated Big boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

If I withdraw my application instead of uploading the require info (so that I could apply again in future), could I reapply to this year's quota later in the year if there are still spaces available, or will it have to be next year?

• Advertisement

WhatYaSay wrote: »
    If I withdraw my application instead of uploading the require info (so that I could apply again in future), could I reapply to this year's quota later in the year if there are still spaces available, or will it have to be next year?

As far as I'm aware if you are just withdrawing your Kompass application that's fine you can apply again later if there are quotas still available.
    As long as you have not received your POE (Point of entry letter) you can reapply.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

As far as I'm aware if you are just withdrawing your Kompass application that's fine you can apply again later if there are quotas still available.
    As long as you have not received your POE (Point of entry letter) you can reapply.

Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 littlemover

Hi lads,

I got my CAL yesterday so am currently filling in all the stuff needed on the myCIC page. Am I right in thinking we don't have to sign the forms?? (it doesn't seem possible?)

Also, for the passport scan, I know this time it has to show any pages that have been stamped etc, but does this scan need to be in colour or can it be black and white does anyone know??

Thanks in advance!!

Hi lads,

I got my CAL yesterday so am currently filling in all the stuff needed on the myCIC page. Am I right in thinking we don't have to sign the forms?? (it doesn't seem possible?)

Also, for the passport scan, I know this time it has to show any pages that have been stamped etc, but does this scan need to be in colour or can it be black and white does anyone know??

Thanks in advance!!

Hey, no you don't have to physically sign the forms. Check the below link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=740&t=25
    You will have to type in your name and answer a security question to submit your application. This is your electronic signature.

Regarding the B&W scan I am not too sure about that, but if you have the time go color just to be safe.

Regarding the B&W scan I am not too sure about that, but if you have the time go color just to be safe.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yeah I think the B&W is too fuzzy looking! By any chance would you know much about the uploading your picture? Do people upload one taken at a pharmacy or just take one themselves? The requirements for the photo seem reeeaaallllly strict!!!!

Anyone else get THe CAL yet from 1st Quota?

I got a confirmation of payment. no CAL though.

Yep, got mine yesterday so they must be starting to come through now!

Thanks, yeah I think the B&W is too fuzzy looking! By any chance would you know much about the uploading your picture? Do people upload one taken at a pharmacy or just take one themselves? The requirements for the photo seem reeeaaallllly strict!!!!

I'm not toooo familiar with how strict they are (I'm still awaiting my CAL) but I've read online and on that facebook group i posted here - that as long as the picture is clear and has your head and shoulders you should be okay. They won't refuse your application because of a photo anyway they will just ask you to upload a new if they are not happy with it.

So a picture from your phone should do, and maybe edit it in paint to get as close as possible to the dimensions they require.

Yep, got mine yesterday so they must be starting to come through now!

Cool, when did you get confirmation of payment?

Cool, when did you get confirmation of payment?

I got the email within a couple of hours of paying it..

• Advertisement

Jesus. I only got mine yesterday

paid it on the Wednesday last week. :(

I got the email within a couple of hours of paying it..
    Jesus. I only got mine yesterday
    paid it on the Wednesday last week. :(

Wow really? I got my confirmation e-mail within a few hours too.

@littlemover what was your WTN? I'm 00316 and no CAL yet, although I only paid last Friday so tomorrow will be a week.

Wow really? I got my confirmation e-mail within a few hours too.

@littlemover what was your WTN? I'm 00316 and no CAL yet, although I only paid last Friday so tomorrow will be a week.

Austin 3:16, says I just kicked your ass.

Yeah, so the CAL is the 3rd message you got into your inbox since you got the place in the quota then correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I just got my CAL but can't open the file. Can anyone help?

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I just got my CAL but can't open the file. Can anyone help?

Try saving it onto your desktop and opening it from there rather than opening it in the browser

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Anyone having trouble getting to the payment page? Might gets stuck loading..

@littlemover what was your WTN? I'm 00316 and no CAL yet, although I only paid last Friday so tomorrow will be a week.[/QUOTE]

My WTN is 00202 but I paid it as soon as I got the message so maybe that's why I got it fairly quickly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

I just got a message in my Kompass account which says:
    International Experience Canada (IEC) has received your payment and confirms that you have uploaded supporting documents for your application.

This acknowledgement of receipt only acknowledges the reception of your documents and payments; it does not guarantee that the submitted documents comply with IEC rules.

If you submitted your payment and uploaded your supporting documents by the deadline specified in the “Notification of submission - Submit payment and required documents,” IEC will assess your application within 2 weeks.

When a decision is made, IEC will send you a letter through the “My Messages” section of your Kompass account. IEC will not respond to any inquiries regarding the status of your application before the decision is made.

Failure to correctly submit payment and supporting documents by the deadline will automatically result in your application being refused.

But I paid and uploaded everything last Thursday I thought next Thursday which would be 2 weeks I'll receive my decision but this letter means that 2 weeks start from today?

• Advertisement

Got my CAL yesterday evening so they must be coming through now.
    Austin 3:16, says I just kicked your ass.

Yeah, so the CAL is the 3rd message you got into your inbox since you got the place in the quota then correct?

Yeah exactly CAL will be the third message as long as everything is okay with the application.

Advertisement