Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

On a separate note. On the IMM 1295E form there is only 3 spaces for previous work, but it tells you to submit all work from last 10 years.

DO you need to print off that page numerous times empty and submit it as an extra file with the work history (which will be far more than just 3 jobs for most) section just filled in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Anybody been refused for any reason???

• Registered Users Posts: 14 littlemover

Anybody else having difficulty with the MyCIC page today. Keep trying to upload documents and keep getting a message up saying that they're having technical difficulties?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MarianneH

Guys

I need a bit of help, any assistance greatly appreciated!!
    So my date to have my docs & payment submitted for is the 26th!!
    Just freaking out a bit have to do both mine & OH applications.

Question 1:
    In regards the passport photos, i have photcopied (colour) the page with my details and the opposite page all on one page. Is this ok or do they just require the picture side?
    Question 2:
    Regarding payment would i be better to do that today (being a working day) or am i ok to do it tomorrow?

Has anyone not been able to upload their garda clearance on section2 and put a letter of explanaiton and they were ok with it? My local garda station have told me it will be at least another week for the cert to come if not longer.

Thanks in advance guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

THis might be a bit of a stupid question but how do I submit all my uploaded documents on myCIC. There's no button there to say submit or anything down those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 stephen913

i cant save the CAL to my desktop to upload it onto myCIC account, am i supposed to print it off and scan it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 9nlik1mqejofsw

Not sure if should be here but anyway.

Anyone else struggling with the resume format? It's different then the usual layout of C.V's here and I'm just struggling with what to categorise certain things under i.e I have certs that are relevant but unsure where state this as I feel like it's not really 'education' as they were gains through work and not at an institution as such.

Is the format very strict to abide by? Is it supposed to act as just a gauge on what work you have done or is it to be like you're actually applying for a job?

I have no clue, I think I'm just over-thinking now but no harm in asking! Thanks :D

anyone else not get a CAL yet?

Anybody getting onto the myCIC page today? They seem to have deleted everything I have uploaded and when I try to start again they keep saying technical difficulties. I'm panicking!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 9nlik1mqejofsw

Anybody getting onto the myCIC page today? They seem to have deleted everything I have uploaded and when I try to start again they keep saying technical difficulties. I'm panicking!!!

I tried logging in and a page came up explaining they are doing maintenance work on the website/experiencing technical difficulties so no worries, you're not the only one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Not sure if should be here but anyway.

Anyone else struggling with the resume format? It's different then the usual layout of C.V's here and I'm just struggling with what to categorise certain things under i.e I have certs that are relevant but unsure where state this as I feel like it's not really 'education' as they were gains through work and not at an institution as such.

Is the format very strict to abide by? Is it supposed to act as just a gauge on what work you have done or is it to be like you're actually applying for a job?

I have no clue, I think I'm just over-thinking now but no harm in asking! Thanks :D

Last year the CV template was Key Skills, Educational History, Professional Experience, Hobbies, References, thats how i laid out my CV and always have done and it was excepted. Just stick to the set linear form and you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

just a quick question guys I know it says for the Garda cert its for countriesyou lived in for 6 months or more since you were 18.

I was born in the north and moved to the south when i was 11. (Have an irish birth cert and passport) Just the southern police cert should be fine for me so, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

After many, many 404 errors and other anger inducing problems, my application is submitted. Thank god!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

What do you do for the IMM 1295E form in the section which asks about work history? I've do not have any work experience at all.

you have to get 3 jobs before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

you have to get 3 jobs before you go? I have 2 official ones from My customer care work to abrakebabra (bit of a leap there) and one from work experience in pro musica when i was 14 in secondary school...Didn't realise you needed a specific amount of work before going over?

you have to get 3 jobs before you go.

Are you kidding me? Do you actually need to have three jobs before you go? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ROREO93

fontdor wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? Do you actually need to have three jobs before you go? :mad:
    Of course not, your man is just messing about.

ROREO93 wrote: »
    Of course not, your man is just messing about.

Oh Thank god. Then how do you fill out the IMM 1295E form the part which asks about your work experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Fill it in as "N/A" I suppose?
    Don't leave it empty or they'll think you just forgot to fill it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

Anyone know what to fill in if you're still waiting on police certs from other countries? I'm waiting on Japan and US.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭XrayGolf

just a quick question guys I know it says for the Garda cert its for countriesyou lived in for 6 months or more since you were 18.

I was born in the north and moved to the south when i was 11. (Have an irish birth cert and passport) Just the southern police cert should be fine for me so, right?

That's correct.

If you have only lived in the RoI and no where else for six or more months in a row since your 18th birthday, then you only need a police cert from the RoI.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

I've been locked out of my Kompass account and am about to miss the deadline to submit my passport, resume and $150 payment fee, so my application is going to be refused. Since there are still 2,400+ places left for round two, will it be possible to just register again or I will I be refused?

I've been locked out of my Kompass account and am about to miss the deadline to submit my passport, resume and $150 payment fee, so my application is going to be refused. Since there are still 2,400+ places left for round two, will it be possible to just register again or I will I be refused?

To be honest with you I am not sure, though I suppose that would be possible. Why are you locked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

Thanks for your reply, my email just isn't being recognised, it says it's invalid when I try to log in. I've contacted them about it but haven't heard back yet. I have to submit by the 27th, which either means midnight tonight (which isn't happening) or midnight tomorrow I guess?

Anyone else still can't get into myCIC?? In a panic now that I won't get into it before my CAL expires!!

can someone upload their CAL just so I know what it looks like? block out any sensitive info. I'm not sure if I've got it or not.

Thanks for your reply, my email just isn't being recognised, it says it's invalid when I try to log in. I've contacted them about it but haven't heard back yet. I have to submit by the 27th, which either means midnight tonight (which isn't happening) or midnight tomorrow I guess?

No problem at all.I see. I think you should be able to reapply with a new kompass account. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FatherJessop

I can log in fine anyway, I've heard other people having technical difficulties though so there's probably plenty of people in the same boat.

The travel itinerary.... Can you just upload a screenshot of from skyscanner or something? I'm not going over until late this year so I'm not booking flights yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Make sure you're not logging in to 2014 kompass. Happened me at the start a lot.

Google kompass login 2015 and try there.

Make sure you have correct country too

Advertisement