Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Make sure you're not logging in to 2014 kompass. Happened me at the start a lot.

Google kompass login 2015 and try there.

Make sure you have correct country too

+1

Made that mistake the other day. it's this page:
    https://kompass-2015-iec-eic.international.gc.ca/sign_in-connexion?regionCode=IE&Lang=eng

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sconn69

Have most people received their CALs? My Kompass A/C says IEC eligibility assessment is In Progress. Last week I got a message to say it will take 2 weeks to review, after I paid the fee, uploaded docs, etc. Which is fine and wouldn't be concerned but just wondering why a lot of people on here have already received theirs???

• Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

sconn69 wrote: »
    Have most people received their CALs? My Kompass A/C says IEC eligibility assessment is In Progress. Last week I got a message to say it will take 2 weeks to review, after I paid the fee, uploaded docs, etc. Which is fine and wouldn't be concerned but just wondering why a lot of people on here have already received theirs???

Haven't got mine either, but I got the same message as you. I'm not overly worried cause I'm still waiting on my police certs, so the longer the Canadians take, the better for me right now. My friend got hers last year after 2 weeks. No worries.

clopow wrote: »
    Haven't got mine either, but I got the same message as you. I'm not overly worried cause I'm still waiting on my police certs, so the longer the Canadians take, the better for me right now. My friend got hers last year after 2 weeks. No worries.

Cool thanks I'll just sit tight I suppose!

Cool thanks I'll just sit tight I suppose!

Yep, all we can do now is rest upon our laurels. We've done all we can. If you're feeling like the Canadians are a bit slow in their response, remember that they went three months without a functioning govt a few years ago and no one noticed. Can't wait to get over there.

• Advertisement

And of course the CAL email from IEC just pops in to my inbox! I can be a bit impatient sometimes.

And of course the CAL email from IEC just pops in to my inbox! I can be a bit impatient sometimes.

Hahaha, congratulations. I'm still waiting. Hopefully soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Haven't got mine yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 problum8

Hi there,
    Last Saturday I submitted my CV, Passport photo and payment. I havent heard anything back yet. This is what it reads:
    My Application Status
    Application Submission Upload required documents IEC participation fee IEC eligibility assessment
    Submitted Submitted Submitted Pending

Should I be worried? Should I send a message if I dont hear back from them soon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

problum8 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Last Saturday I submitted my CV, Passport photo and payment. I havent heard anything back yet. This is what it reads:
    My Application Status
    Application Submission Upload required documents IEC participation fee IEC eligibility assessment
    Submitted Submitted Submitted Pending

Should I be worried? Should I send a message if I dont hear back from them soon?

Hi Don't worry about it at all. I uploaded everything on the 16th of April and I didn't hear anything back until last Thursday. It takes time for them to send you a message saying they have received your documents and payment and that it will take them 2 weeks to review everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 problum8

Thanks Fontdor. Is it the next stage that they ask for the police cert etc?

problum8 wrote: »
    Thanks Fontdor. Is it the next stage that they ask for the police cert etc?

No problem at all. Yes after 2 weeks they will make a decision as I have said above. If they accept you (Hopefully they do!) they will give you a CAL (Conditional Acceptance Letter) Now they will ask you to make a account for myCIC and you will need to upload your police certificate there. Best Of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I have yet to get my Cal and my police certs expire on the 8th May, they would want to hurry it along

On the work permit application for the employment history for the last 10 years there are only 3 options, which for me doesn't cover 10 years. It says if you need to add more then to print another page with the required section but obviously I am applying online. What are people doing in this case, downloading another complete pdf and attaching the 2 pdfs to the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrdvdzor

I only plan on staying and working for 3 months in canada this summer. However, seeing as the visa is for 2 years, does that mean I can return to dublin at the end of this summer, and use the same visa/PoE letter (or whatever) to re-enter and work next summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

mrdvdzor wrote: »
    I only plan on staying and working for 3 months in canada this summer. However, seeing as the visa is for 2 years, does that mean I can return to dublin at the end of this summer, and use the same visa/PoE letter (or whatever) to re-enter and work next summer?

Yes you can use the same permit but it's only valid for 2 years from date of activation. The clock doesn't stop ticking if you leave the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ucd6

Can someone please help me with these few matters?

On the 'Family Information' form how do I sign it in Sections A, B and C??

On the Application for Work Permit form, section 7 and 9 are abit confusing. I am irish but have worked in the UK for the past 2 years travelling back every couple of weeks for the weekend. How do I fill these in?? Also on section 9 I take it the country is ireland but why ask for the years from and to?? Or how do I complete this??

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Skylight15

Sorry if this has been asked already! I'm applying for the IEC working holiday visa and have uploaded all documents and participation fee a few days ago..I've just realised that there is a template you should follow for your CV..but I have just uploaded my regular one. My CV is fairly standard, with personal info/last 3 jobs/education/other info. I can't open the template document -so am hoping that it's not too different from my layout and that I won't be refused because of this..? hoping somebody can help!! Thanks

So I sent the money and uploaded the documents on the 15th of April, got my confirmation email, but have yet to get a CAL. Should I start looking at other options at this point? Has anyone else gone 2 weeks without confirmation? Do they send rejection letters?
    The status still says "in progress".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I still haven't received my cal yet either. Don't sweat it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mrdvdzor

Yes you can use the same permit but it's only valid for 2 years from date of activation. The clock doesn't stop ticking if you leave the country.

Thanks. Has anyone here received their PoE letter yet?

On the work permit application for the employment history for the last 10 years there are only 3 options, which for me doesn't cover 10 years. It says if you need to add more then to print another page with the required section but obviously I am applying online. What are people doing in this case, downloading another complete pdf and attaching the 2 pdfs to the application?

Sorry just to go back to this but it's really bugging me. I downloaded another form and filled in the rest of my employment history, then downloaded a tool that combines pdf docs. When I open the docs in this program it comes up with the "please wait....ensure you have correct version" message which I am getting when I open up in any browser.

I'm thinking I'll just submit my application as is (last 3 jobs going back to 2009), but not sure how strict these guys are, will they ask you to submit your extra employment history or refuse because it wasn't added in the first place?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

clopow wrote: »
    So I sent the money and uploaded the documents on the 15th of April, got my confirmation email, but have yet to get a CAL. Should I start looking at other options at this point? Has anyone else gone 2 weeks without confirmation? Do they send rejection letters?
    The status still says "in progress".

Last year i was waiting more than three weeks it just takes time some can be waiting a month the longer you wait the better as you can get the other things sorted for the next part of the process. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1000SR

Hi, just to give everyone an idea of a timescale I submitted payment and required documents on 15/04/15, got notification on 22/4/15 and received my CAL today (30/4/15). My WTN was 002446. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Got my cal today.

Yay.

Suppose I'll make a mycic account soon

Got the CAL today. I have a question about the Garda cert:

Mine is dated 6 January (I was trying to be organised). Is there an official three month limit? I've seen it mentioned here, but haven;t seen any mention on IEC sites. If I submit the one I have now, is it likely to be refused? If it was refused, would that just delay the process or would it end my application?

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

The CIC site has to be to worst service I have ever used in my life.. I had to log in three times before I got anywhere, each login taking me one step further till eventually it was all set up.

Then when you tried to get back to your application it was a pain in the hole.. No obvious log in anywhere. When you did anything it'd **** itself and get internal server errors because of what ever horrible authentication process they use on each page.

Worst thing was when I was asked to rate the service after I submitted it, the page gave me a 404 error!

Finally got there in the end anyway..

newg300 wrote: »
    Got the CAL today. I have a question about the Garda cert:

Mine is dated 6 January (I was trying to be organised). Is there an official three month limit? I've seen it mentioned here, but haven;t seen any mention on IEC sites. If I submit the one I have now, is it likely to be refused? If it was refused, would that just delay the process or would it end my application?

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer those.

What time did you get yours at?

fontdor wrote: »
    What time did you get yours at?

The Garda cert or CAL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Is it too late to apply for this year?

Advertisement