Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Anyone still waiting on a CAL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    Anyone still waiting on a CAL

I am and my police certs expires in 2 days, my finance was further down in the quota than me and she received hers, strange

Of the two options to create MyCIC account, which is the preferred??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1000SR

tonydude wrote: »
    I am and my police certs expires in 2 days, my finance was further down in the quota than me and she received hers, strange

Use the option GCkey for MyCIC account.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

hey guys need some help

Filling out the 2 forms and Im on the one with family etc. Now its asking for abotu 3 signatures which ofcourse i cant fill out digitally. Do i just fill out the forms normally and put the dates next to the signature and leave it blank or can i upload without having to fill out the signature? IMM5707E is the form in particular im speaking about but the same question applies to the other form aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Is there official confirmation somewhere about how long police certs last during the application process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tp_daly

I have just received my Cal and started stage 2. On the 1st questionnaire it asks if you have a written offer of employment. I have a job sorted at a summer camp for a couple of months at a summer camp and they have also organised a work permit for my time at camp. I am applying for the 2 year visa so I can stay on and work in Canada. Should I declare I have a offer of employment or leave it that I dont? Will this have an affect on getting the working holiday visa or hassle at immigration?
    Thanks

Guys whats the store with the "Itinerary, Travel" section to fill out for the MyCIC application? I don't get it at all. I'm only wanting to fill out my applicationa dn the want tickets etc and proof of how im getting there?

Is there a workaround for this as i obviously have no travels planned aswell as knowing when im even going?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Guys whats the store with the "Itinerary, Travel" section to fill out for the MyCIC application? I don't get it at all. I'm only wanting to fill out my applicationa dn the want tickets etc and proof of how im getting there?

Is there a workaround for this as i obviously have no travels planned aswell as knowing when im even going?

Hi hope this helps: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95182637&postcount=760

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Im filling out the application for work permit outside Canada and where it says intended location of employment I dont know what to put down as I dont know myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

Im filling out the application for work permit outside Canada and where it says intended location of employment I dont know what to put down as I dont know myself.

It doesn't matter just pick a location you dont have to go there its just a matter of picking Onatrio or BC. Just make sure when filling out the forms that you spell things correctly and make no mistakes. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Couple of quick questions! I did the IEC in 2009 for less than 12 months and am considering going back.

How many times can you do the 2-year IEC? Is it twice, so 4 years total?

After the 4 years, can you apply for citizenship via naturalisation since you have lived in Canada for so long?

Thanks

Magenta wrote: »
    Couple of quick questions! I did the IEC in 2009 for less than 12 months and am considering going back.

How many times can you do the 2-year IEC? Is it twice, so 4 years total?

After the 4 years, can you apply for citizenship via naturalisation since you have lived in Canada for so long?

Thanks

Hey have a look here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/index.asp?country=ie&cat=wh

Determine your eligibility
    Note: As an Irish citizen, you may participate in the Working Holiday category only once. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may participate in IEC one more time through the International Co-op (Internship) category.

If you participated in IEC before 2013 for a period of up to 12 months, you are eligible for a second participation of up to 24 months in the category of your choice. Those who participated in IEC more than once before 2013 are no longer eligible to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

How much does the IEC visa cost in total. Do you have to pay another fee in the cic website ?

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    How much does the IEC visa cost in total. Do you have to pay another fee in the cic website ?

$150 CAD for stage one and $100 CAD for stage two.

Which was about 185 euro for me total.

Still No CAL for me. Any sign of POE'S For anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LusciousOis

Just wondering for the documents section on MyCIC. I'm just waiting on the Police Cert but reckon I'm going to be cutting it fairly tight. I do, however, have a Letter of Explanation ready just in case. It states that I'm in the process of receiving a Police Cert and the Guard kindly signed it and stamped it for me.

So I'm just wondering, if the cert doesn't arrive on time, do I upload that letter of explanation and leave the Police Cert section free and submit the application? Or do I still have to wait for the Police Cert to submit the application while also having my letter of explanation uploaded?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guitarlad

After I receive my POE how long do I have to activate it?.. Can I wait like a 6 months for example before going to canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guitarlad

Just wondering for the documents section on MyCIC. I'm just waiting on the Police Cert but reckon I'm going to be cutting it fairly tight. I do, however, have a Letter of Explanation ready just in case. It states that I'm in the process of receiving a Police Cert and the Guard kindly signed it and stamped it for me.

So I'm just wondering, if the cert doesn't arrive on time, do I upload that letter of explanation and leave the Police Cert section free and submit the application? Or do I still have to wait for the Police Cert to submit the application while also having my letter of explanation uploaded?

I was thinking the same thing, I only received my CAL yesterday, started CIC today, still waiting on a few documents. Do you know how long you have to move to canada after receiving you're POE. Like can I wait 6 months before going?

guitarlad wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing, I only received my CAL yesterday, started CIC today, still waiting on a few documents. Do you know how long you have to move to canada after receiving you're POE. Like can I wait 6 months before going?

Hi you have 1 year to move to Canada from the day you receive your POE or else it will expire. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sully0182

Question on the Family Information Form - do you fill out by hand or fill it out on the computer? I can't get my signature on the form if it has to filled out online...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭GerPower

sully0182 wrote: »
    Question on the Family Information Form - do you fill out by hand or fill it out on the computer? I can't get my signature on the form if it has to filled out online...

Print it out, fill it in and then when you are done scan it and attach it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrdvdzor

GerPower wrote: »
    Print it out, fill it in and then when you are done scan it and attach it.

You can fill it in on adobe pdf viewer, save it and upload it. You don't need to print it out. When you submit your application you give a digital signature which acts as a signature for the two forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

sully0182 wrote: »

You 'sign' it through the website after uploading. It doesnt need to be printed out.

so guys... the itinerary/travel document they wanted showing when you plan to go/ how you plan to get there seems to have just been removed? I was filling out a word document in work to get ready to upload it. Checked ont eh page and found the option to upload for the itinerary was just missing the whole section involving that is gone. Why did they remove it does anybody know or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LusciousOis

Still waiting on my Police Cert.. but I have a letter of explanation saying its on they way signed and stamped by the guards! Do I just upload that to the "Police Cert" part or the "Letter of explanation" part??

When I have that done do I submit the application without the police cert and upload it later? or wait for the police cert before submitting?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Still waiting on my Police Cert.. but I have a letter of explanation saying its on they way signed and stamped by the guards! Do I just upload that to the "Police Cert" part or the "Letter of explanation" part??

Yup, just upload your explanation into the police cert section.
    When I have that done do I submit the application without the police cert and upload it later? or wait for the police cert before submitting?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Yeah just submit your application before your CAL expires and then they will give you the option to upload the police cert at a later date.

could someone please answer me I'm worried about finishing off my application without uploading the itinerary they require. Dont udnerstadn how the section asking for it has just disapeared?

could someone please answer me I'm worried about finishing off my application without uploading the itinerary they require. Dont udnerstadn how the section asking for it has just disapeared?

Hey, I believe they removed this section for everyone. It was announced on a facebook group that it was a new a change.

another question, for the passport (havent checked till i get home) if i have a stamp from visiting Turkey on holidays one or two time how do i show that + my main page if im only allowed to upload 1 file?

• Advertisement

another question, for the passport (havent checked till i get home) if i have a stamp from visiting Turkey on holidays one or two time how do i show that + my main page if im only allowed to upload 1 file?

Convert all the pictures into PDF's then merge them together as one PDF and upload it.

Advertisement