Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Clairface

Question about the police clearance, hoping someone can help.

I lived in Chicago for 11 months therefore I need an FBI clearance form as well as a Garda clearance form however the FBI form require fingerprints (and a whole lot of other things) but the only place I can find that'll do fingerprinting for me is the copshop and it costs €60. This morning I rang the US Embassy to double check that I couldn't get them done there and I spoke to a man who said I needed to send in 2 fingerprint forms (i.e. €120) but nowhere on the FBI forms does it say that.

I'd like to get this done right the first time obviously but I feel slightly reluctant to get two sets of fingerprints when it's not specifically asked for on the FBI site. Has anyone else been through this or know of someone who has who might be able to shed some light for me?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭aca101

Im in the same boat as a few others here in that I'm also waiting for police cert and will have to upload an explanation letter instead.

Just wondering does the explanation letter need to signed and stamped by a guard?

Hi sorry to post again so quickly. Am new to boards!

So, in the past hour or so things have changed for me regarding the IEC visa for this year :( I have completed stage 1 and made a CIC account but not submitted docs, i.e. not completed stage 2. Am I right in thinking if I withdraw my application now I can reapply at a later stage and it won't count as being a 'participant'? I saw a post about this somewhere earlier but cannot find it now :(

Can anyone advise me on this?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Clairface wrote: »

So, in the past hour or so things have changed for me regarding the IEC visa for this year :( I have completed stage 1 and made a CIC account but not submitted docs, i.e. not completed stage 2. Am I right in thinking if I withdraw my application now I can reapply at a later stage and it won't count as being a 'participant'? I saw a post about this somewhere earlier but cannot find it now :(

Thank you.

AFAIK you can apply next year yes.

Thanks Tim, am trying to find where it actually says it online so I can relax but can't seem to find it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 LusciousOis

aca101 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as a few others here in that I'm also waiting for police cert and will have to upload an explanation letter instead.

Just wondering does the explanation letter need to signed and stamped by a guard?

I just typed out a letter on word and put a section at the bottom for the guard to sign and stamp. Seemed to me it showed better proof that I was in the process of getting one anyways. I uploaded it then instead because I'm still waiting on the cert.

Thank you.
    TimRiggins wrote: »
    AFAIK you can apply next year yes.
    Thanks Tim, am trying to find where it actually says it online so I can relax but can't seem to find it!!

Hey as long as you haven't been approved at stage 2 it does not count as participating.

And there are still plenty of quotas left for this year so you can reapply whenever you want (as long as there are still places left)

Hey as long as you haven't been approved at stage 2 it does not count as participating.

And there are still plenty of quotas left for this year so you can reapply whenever you want (as long as there are still places left)

Hi BigBoss,

Thanks so much for that. Do you know if you get reimbursed the $150 CA? So just to clarify, I've only received my CAL from stage 1 and not submitted anything (documents/payments) for stage 2 so I should be okay?!

Sorry for all the questions, am a bit all over the place today with this!

Thanks again.

Hi BigBoss,

Thanks so much for that. Do you know if you get reimbursed the $150 CA? So just to clarify, I've only received my CAL from stage 1 and not submitted anything (documents/payments) for stage 2 so I should be okay?!

Sorry for all the questions, am a bit all over the place today with this!

Thanks again.

Hey no worries, applying for these visas can mess with you.

I think you will be refunded for your CAL, check this out:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=849&t=25
    If you submitted your application for a Conditional Acceptance Letter (CAL) in Kompass:

To withdraw your application:

Click on the “Withdraw Application” button
    Enter your password to confirm your withdrawal

You will get a letter in your Kompass MyMessages to confirm your withdrawal. You will get a refund of $150 CAD as long as your Letter of Introduction has not been issued. You do not have to request your refund or complete a form to receive your refund. The refund process will begin automatically.

If you submitted your work permit application in MyCIC, but have not yet received a Letter of Introduction:

To withdraw your application:

Use the case specific webform
    In the text box, include “IEC work permit application withdrawal – Your application ID number” (for example, “IEC work permit application withdrawal – W123456789”)
    Click on the “Withdraw Application” button
    Enter your password to confirm your withdrawal
    We will review your withdrawal request within 3 to 5 business days. If approved, you will be refunded your:

$150 CAD IEC participation fee, and
    $100 CAD open work permit fee (Working Holiday applicants).

Ah for the love of god. I've been trawling through that website all day and never came across that.

Thanks so much for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dannimcq

With the application form, and the family form, it requires signatures. I've read some advise elsewhere saying just to leave that and wait till I'm submitting my application because I can then to a digital signature. Is everyone else doing that?

Also, I don't see any-where on the family form to write brothers and sisters down. Is anyone adding this information separately or just writing your parents?

Thank you for any responses in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KingKongQuinn

Just a quick query....
    On my Conditional Acceptance Letter it states that I "must submit a complete work permit application via MyCIC before the expiry of your CAL or else your application will be refused" however the OP states that you must "upload your CAL to your MyCIC" before it expires.

So just wondering which is it? Do I have to have my full work permit submitted before the CAL expires or just have it uploaded to MyCIC before it expires?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19 IceWolf7

Hey.. a group of friends and I booked flights ages ago for us to fly out at the end of this month for Working Holiday, with the stage 1 of CALs being done in complete random order some of us didnt get them until late last week so our stage 2s weren't sent off til the weekend.. now it's less than three weeks until we fly off and it's looking likely that our POEs won't come through before then... what should we do? Really freaking out about it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LusciousOis

IceWolf7 wrote: »
    Hey.. a group of friends and I booked flights ages ago for us to fly out at the end of this month for Working Holiday, with the stage 1 of CALs being done in complete random order some of us didnt get them until late last week so our stage 2s weren't sent off til the weekend.. now it's less than three weeks until we fly off and it's looking likely that our POEs won't come through before then... what should we do? Really freaking out about it

change your flights.. to be fair ye were really hoping for the best to have your Visas sorted by the end of this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lalala85

my boyfriend and I were applying for the IEC WHV. we both got out CALs. Mine is due to expire on Tuesday week. My boyfriend told me today that his expired 2 days ago!!!! he has nothing uploaded and did not do anything on foot of the CAL. What does this mean? Is it possible for the CAL to be extended? Is there a number I can call? So distraught. Can't believe he forgot to do it.

Dannimcq wrote: »
    With the application form, and the family form, it requires signatures. I've read some advise elsewhere saying just to leave that and wait till I'm submitting my application because I can then to a digital signature. Is everyone else doing that?

Also, I don't see any-where on the family form to write brothers and sisters down. Is anyone adding this information separately or just writing your parents?

Thank you for any responses in advance!

You don't need to sign anything. When submitting your application you will be asked to type your name and confirm, this is your electronic signature.

I just wrote my parents and left my brothers and sister out.
    Just a quick query....
    On my Conditional Acceptance Letter it states that I "must submit a complete work permit application via MyCIC before the expiry of your CAL or else your application will be refused" however the OP states that you must "upload your CAL to your MyCIC" before it expires.

So just wondering which is it? Do I have to have my full work permit submitted before the CAL expires or just have it uploaded to MyCIC before it expires?
    Thanks

It's the same thing really, you will need to upload your CAL to MyCIC as part of your work permit application. You will need to do this before your CAL expires, if you don't have some other documents ready before your CAL expires you will need to upload a letter of explanation stating why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 canada189

Has anyone received their POE yet? Or has anyone heard of another person receiving their POE yet? They seem to be a lot slower this year than last year. Last year, according to this forum, most people received their POE in a matter of days, some even in a matter of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kkd256

Hi there,

I decided very late to apply for the 2 year visa. I started the application last Friday and got everything submitted today and paid the fee... Am i too late or do i have a small chance even of still getting the visa?

Thanks

kkd256 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I decided very late to apply for the 2 year visa. I started the application last Friday and got everything submitted today and paid the fee... Am i too late or do i have a small chance even of still getting the visa?

Thanks

Hey as long as everything checks out you will definitely get a acceptance letter to apply for your work permit.

There are 2,071 Spots still available in the quota.

Hey as long as everything checks out you will definitely get a acceptance letter to apply for your work permit.

There are 2,071 Spots still available in the quota.

You sir, have made my day! I am delighted to hear that, Hopefully all works out and ill be over there for september :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 skinny_guy

Hi guys,

I am very confused about the MyCIC work permit application. I uploaded all the documents (except police cert. Had explanation letter) then I done the electronic signature.

Then it asked me to pay for the work permit fee. I was using my dads visa credit card and it came up saying "Payment failed" and "too many failed attempts".

It logged me out of the site after this. Now when I log back in there is no where to try and pay again. Also it says for my application that its being processed on the main page.

This happen to anyone else?

Hi again,

So git everything uploaded today and just waiting on the CAL to proceed to stage 2 with the cic and that. I'm heading to America for 9 weeks at the start of June and I want to have all my documents ready on my laptop in case I don't receive my CAL until after that. I'm going to get my garda clearance sorted in the next week to have that ready.

But can anyone tell me exactly what I need to have ready before I start filling out my CIC part of application before I start. The last thing I want is to be trying to sort it while I'm on holidays. Planning to hopefully just have to create my cic account and everything nailed sraight away

Any help is appreciated, sound lads

• Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

hey guys, quick que about the CAL expiration date. Mine expires tomorrow, the 18th. Does that mean it expires at midnight tonight, or like 5pm tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hoyeean

Has anybody else got emails saying their MyCIC application has been updated, only for you to check and see nothing has in fact changed?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

hoyeean wrote: »
    Has anybody else got emails saying their MyCIC application has been updated, only for you to check and see nothing has in fact changed?

Don't worry about them at all, they are whats known as "Ghost Emails" everyone gets them once in a while. Usually if you get something important you will get an email saying "You have a email in your mycic inbox". Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

IceWolf7 wrote: »

You can enter Canada on a visitor's visa and once your POE comes in you can head to the boarder to 'flagpole' in order to activate your working holiday visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

Hey guys, just a question about the police certificate.

My CAL expires on the 22nd of this month, I forgot all about the police certificate so I'm going to apply for that today and just submit a letter of explanation. Do I write the letter myself and just get it stamped at a garda station, or do they provide the forms themselves at the station? And if it's the former, what exactly do you write in the letter? Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 petetheme86

My CAL expires on the 21st of May, so does that mean today is my last day to upload all documents? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

Sorry about the double post, but I can't seem to edit my last one...

I meant to mention that I've been feeling a bit less sure about going ahead with the visa over the last couple of weeks, some family and job-related things have come up that have made me reconsider, but not entirely. I just need a little bit more time to think on it and sort things out. I'm wondering is it possible to withdraw my application at this stage (as in, before submitting my police cert et al), and then reapply in this round, since there are still 1,999 places left as of now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Just got an email saying
    Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information.
    but when I checked for messages, there was none. This happen to anyone else?

Advertisement