Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

the_syco wrote: »
    Just got an email saying

but when I checked for messages, there was none. This happen to anyone else?

Stated above that it's normal, got 2 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

Hey just wondering if anyone could help I applied for and received a visa almost 12 months ago and I am hoping to travel over to Canada shortly to activate it but in the maze of paperwork I cant seem to locate my letter of introduction! I know I received it but its not in my kompass account ??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hey just wondering if anyone could help I applied for and received a visa almost 12 months ago and I am hoping to travel over to Canada shortly to activate it but in the maze of paperwork I cant seem to locate my letter of introduction! I know I received it but its not in my kompass account ??
    Also called the Port of Entry (POE) Introduction Letter. Maybe look for the POE in the Kompass, or your emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

Also called the Port of Entry (POE) Introduction Letter. Maybe look for the POE in the Kompass, or your emails?
    not in either!!! im baffled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

not in either!!! im baffled

It should be in your CIC account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

Hi, I sent off my CIC application about 4 weeks ago and am waiting on my Letter of Introduction. I'm flying off next week on the 5th of June but still haven't received my Letter of Introduction. Should I get in contact with CIC or IEC and query about this? This thread said the processing would only take up to a month

Undeadfred wrote: »
    Hi, I sent off my CIC application about 3 weeks ago and am waiting on my Letter of Introduction. I'm flying off next week on the 5th of June but still haven't received my Letter of Introduction. Should I get in contact with CIC or IEC and query about this? This thread said the processing would only take up to a month

You could cancel your flight or try to enter as a visitor and then flagpole when the letter arrives. If you try to enter as a visitor I would recommend having a return flight booked otherwise you might be refused entry.

CIC are currently quoting 6 weeks processing time for IEC applications but I think it's taking longer.

Never ceases to amaze how many people book flights without having the letter despite that being something that CIC explicitly says not to do.

Never ceases to amaze how many people book flights without having the letter despite that being something that CIC explicitly says not to do.

The CIC application required a flight itinerary.

The CIC application required a flight itinerary.

No it didn't. It required an itinerary. Most people I've heard of just wrote down "I intend to travel to x city on y date and spend z amount of time there" and that was ok for getting the visa.

Hi, I sent off my CIC application about 4 weeks ago and am waiting on my Letter of Introduction. I'm flying off next week on the 5th of June but still haven't received my Letter of Introduction. Should I get in contact with CIC or IEC and query about this? This thread said the processing would only take up to a month
    Cancel the flight, as you won't be let in to work without the Letter of Introduction, which I'm told can take around 6 to 8 weeks. How much did the flight cost you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dazmbk

skinny_guy wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am very confused about the MyCIC work permit application. I uploaded all the documents (except police cert. Had explanation letter) then I done the electronic signature.

Then it asked me to pay for the work permit fee. I was using my dads visa credit card and it came up saying "Payment failed" and "too many failed attempts".

It logged me out of the site after this. Now when I log back in there is no where to try and pay again. Also it says for my application that its being processed on the main page.

This happen to anyone else?

Yes this happened to me as well. I have seen people mentioning the Postcode as a possible reason on other forums but I have not yet resolved the problem. Anyone shed any light here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dailysea

Cancel the flight, as you won't be let in to work without the Letter of Introduction, which I'm told can take around 6 to 8 weeks. How much did the flight cost you?

You will be let in without your POE as long as you have a return flight booked and have your CAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 User2015

dazmbk wrote: »
    Yes this happened to me as well. I have seen people mentioning the Postcode as a possible reason on other forums but I have not yet resolved the problem. Anyone shed any light here?

I am having the very same problem, I am desperate now at this stage for some help. I can not get any help either, have tried embassy, visa representatives etc. I have uploaded all required documents and then when i go to pay for it, it says payment failed; too many failed attempts. As a result my application has not been submitted and my CAL is expired. Anyone solve this problem yet?? I'd really appreciate any help anyone could offer. Thanks

about €550. I can enter as a tourist which I am planning on doing

dailysea wrote: »
    You will be let in without your POE as long as you have a return flight booked and have your CAL.

Why would you have to show your CAL if you're entering as a tourist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dailysea

Why would you have to show your CAL if you're entering as a tourist?

To prove that the POE is on the way.

If you gotta enter the postcode, either put in 0000 or 00000 or your county; have found this worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

They're so slow at issuing coe letters.

Process takes for ever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

They're so slow at issuing coe letters.

Process takes for ever

When did you apply for your POE?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

fontdor wrote: »
    When did you apply for your POE?

Over a month ago at this stage I'd say

• Advertisement

Over a month ago at this stage I'd say

I see, i applied on the 5th of May so i got a long journey ahead. A lot of people in England got theirs some even got it in 14 days. They are slow this year with the processing.

dailysea wrote: »
    To prove that the POE is on the way.

But if you're entering as a tourist does it matter?

I'm thinking it might be a bit dodgy entering the country saying you will be a worker but not have a visa. They might take more issue with that then just saying you're going over on a holiday.

Either way, you have to go to the Canadian border once the Letter of Introduction comes, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 littlemover

Anybody get any sign of a PoE yet?!!!

Anybody get any sign of a PoE yet?!!!

Nothing yet, applied on the 5th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jorgejuan

I've mislaid the file containing my letter of introduction on an old partition, could someone tell me what form the filename takes, ie what is your file called? Or am I misthinking this and it was actually a physical letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jorgejuan

jorgejuan wrote: »
    I've mislaid the file containing my letter of introduction on an old partition, could someone tell me what form the filename takes, ie what is your file called? Or am I misthinking this and it was actually a physical letter?

sorted, MOD please delete, can't edit for some reason

jorgejuan wrote: »
    sorted, MOD please delete, can't edit for some reason

Have you received your POE?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 daz279

I have applied for a working holiday visa and ive submitted everything on time and everything they have asked for. Its been at least 6 weeks now and still no update has anyone got there whv?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hoyeean

I haven't received mine and I handed it on the 9th May... :(
    The only good thing is that no one seems to have gotten one in this thread so far so we are all in the same boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

I registered for my Kompass account on 8th June and received my CAL yesterday 12th June (I'm a little behind everyone else I know! :) )

I really didn't expect to receive my CAL this soon and I haven't got my Garda Clearance yet (posted 28th May) , what will happen if I don't receive it in time? To make things worse I'm out of the country the week of 22nd June so I need to get the clearance this week..

Advertisement