Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Seanh111 wrote: »
    I registered for my Kompass account on 8th June and received my CAL yesterday 12th June (I'm a little behind everyone else I know! :) )

I really didn't expect to receive my CAL this soon and I haven't got my Garda Clearance yet (posted 28th May) , what will happen if I don't receive it in time? To make things worse I'm out of the country the week of 22nd June so I need to get the clearance this week..

Hi, the best thing you can do is ask the Garda to give you a letter of explanation regarding your clearance and upload that letter to your MyCic account. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Um... I don't think you need the Garda to give you a letter of explanation (sure they might as well give you the cert!), isn't it just that you need to type a letter of explanation saying 'I'm waiting for X which I've applied for'? That's what I did anyway.

DubVelo wrote: »
    Um... I don't think you need the Garda to give you a letter of explanation (sure they might as well give you the cert!), isn't it just that you need to type a letter of explanation saying 'I'm waiting for X which I've applied for'? That's what I did anyway.

Oh then my apology I think you maybe right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 parkourparkour

MyCiC account completed and sent April 26th. Day 42 was June 7th, still no sign of my POE. From reading other blogs online It looks like people (uk mainly) are receiving their POEs about 2/3 weeks on top of the 42 days, so fingers crossed wont be waiting much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

Is anyone else having trouble registering for a Kompass account ? It just keeps taking me to the IEC information page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kkd256

Guys i urgently need help... cant get my head around MYCIC.... have my cal but just cant get the mycic part right... filled out all sort of questionnaires and now they want my to upload documents such as "Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) " and " Family Information Form (IMM5707) (required) (Opens a new window)" ?? Please help I dont have much time left to complete it. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GalGirl2015

Once you have your cic account set up you enter it with your username and password and any one of three answers to security questions you chose.

You have to upload a passport photo style photo you can take that yourself as long as it fits requirements, fill out your family information form and the application for work permit form the schedule 1 form only needs to be filled if you answer yes to the last three questions in the application for work permit form. You save all these files on your PC and upload them that way so don't worry if there in a new tab as you save them to computer. You also need to upload a itinerary but all that is is a rough estimation of where ya might go and when. No documents need to printed that you fill out as you electronically sign them at the end. All you need to scan is passport photo if you can't take one and you police cert and cal letter.

Best of luck I didn't see my CAL letter until day it was out so had a few hours to get it in you'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

DsJewel wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble registering for a Kompass account ? It just keeps taking me to the IEC information page.

I'm having the same problem! I was sent to the 2014 Kompass page then, which it said is closed (obviously), and then back to the information page! It says there are still Visas remaining so I don't know what the story is :confused:

tradhead wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem! I was sent to the 2014 Kompass page then, which it said is closed (obviously), and then back to the information page! It says there are still Visas remaining so I don't know what the story is :confused:

Try this link. There are still 1653 spots left.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

BigBoss, I could kiss you.

Thanks so much!!! :D

• Advertisement

tradhead wrote: »
    BigBoss, I could kiss you.

Thanks so much!!! :D

No bother at all, I've spent my fair share of time around that site so had it bookmarked.

Btw.. I like chocolates and flowers :p

That still takes me to the page giving all the info on how to apply and I can see that there's still visas available but I can't seem to get to the Kompass page to actually register. Is anyone else having this issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Apparently the Canadian Goverments servers got hacked.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    Apparently the Canadian Goverments servers got hacked.

Really ? When I try to register for a Kompass account anyway it just keeps taking me in a loop back to the main "how to apply " page

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jorgejuan

I'm in a somewhat unusual situation and could really use some advice - I'm an Irish uk resident and got my letter of introduction last july 4th. I'm still not ready to move to Canada but am thinking of travelling to Montreal for a few days to initiate the Visa before my letter expires and then return to London until September. This obviously throws up a problem with insurance, I am aware that this board will not discuss fraud (rightly so) but I am in the position of buying a two year policy with a british insurer (£450 eek) which will be void upon my immediate return, so when I go back to Canada in September I'll be buying it again. Any licit ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Does anybody know, if you've uploaded a 'letter of explanation' and you are asked for the missing documents, how long you get to respond?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

FYI, for Driving licence in Alberta Canada
    Thank you for your e-mail.

As there is no exchange agreement in place with Alberta Canada, it would be expected that you would apply for the Canadian Driving licence by entering their licencing system as a first time applicant and by taking the relevant driving tests prescribed for applicants in that country.

If they take up your Irish licence in order to issue you with a Canadian licence then you would be required to ask to have your Irish licence restored to you when your stay in Canada ends. If they confirm to your that they are not, at that time, in possession of your licence then you would be required to declare this licence as lost.

In order to make an application to replace a lost licence you will need to present at an NDLS centre. All applications have to be made in person by the driver.

Please be advised that there is a booking system in place. This service is available exclusively online. We advise that you make an appointment prior to presenting to the NDLS centre. If you cannot avail of this, every NDLS centre nationwide offers a number of walk-in appointments on a daily basis. Please be aware that available appointments for people walking in are on a first come first served basis and may become unavailable. These walk-in appointments cannot be reserved or booked. It is advised to attend the NDLS centre as close to the 9am opening time as possible to avail of a walk-in appointment.

You will be required to provide the following:

An application form (D201/D401) signed and stamped by An Garda Síochana as a declaration that the licence has been lost
    Current Canadian licence
    Photographic ID: Passport
    Proof of your PPSN
    Proof of address dated within the last six months, if your address has changed since your last licence was issued.
    Fee of €35
    If you answers 'Yes' to any of the medical questions, then a medical form D501 will be required. The medical report must be submitted within 30 days of the date it was issued.

The new licence will have the same expiry date as your existing licence. If the licence that you surrendered would have expired then the fee applied would be €55 as oppose to €35.

As part of the application process your photograph will be taken, so there is no need to submit photographs with your application

If you have any queries in relation to this communication, please contact our Customer Services Team on +353 (0) 761 087 880 and quote your case reference number, or visit the National Driver Licence Service website www.ndls.ie

Yours sincerely

Customer Services Team
    National Driver Licence Service

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dannimcq1

For anyone who has booked a flight and is freaking out because they don't have a POE yet..

I have a job lined up for September and am going over at the end of July for a wedding and to get settled before I start but have no POE letter yet.

I got the job after applying for a WHV so it's too late to apply for the young professional one - although I'll save that as a back up option just incase something goes wrong with the POE.

I know Mycic clearly advise not booking a flight, or getting a job before you get the POE but I just can't be that disorganised!!

So I've booked a return flight. If my POE doesn't come through in time, I'll just go over as a tourist (not mentioning anything about my visa process) because this lasts for 6 months.
    Return flights really don't cost that much more than a one way and it has put my mind to rest! They'll see that at immigration and let me through because I have proof that I plan to return.

I have been told it takes 6-8 weeks to get the POE so there's no need to worry just yet. I'm guessing people should start receiving them in the next couple of weeks. (30th if June will mark the 6 weeks for me so I'm expecting it to come early July.)

If I don't get it in time, I'll just say I'm on a travelling holiday when I arrive at immigration and once I'm there I should receive the POE. When that happens, I'll go to an embassy somewhere or find the place that gives out WHV with all my documentation.

I hope that puts some people's minds to rest. If you think something could go wrong with my ninja plan - please tell me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 daz279

Anybody get any sign of a POE yet???? Really frustrating at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GalGirl2015

daz279 wrote: »
    Anybody get any sign of a POE yet???? Really frustrating at this stage

How long are you waiting I'm 7 weeks thursday!

• Advertisement

Im about the same if not longer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

About the same too.

Get the finger out Canada.

Flying over in 2 weeks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Don't think anyone from Ireland has yet.

Does anyone know why its taken so long??

Hi there, I'm just about to send off for my police cert and I'm just wondering about the part where you mention any past addresses. Would I have toadd where I lived during college? I'm from kerry but lived in cork while I was in college, would I add that address even though I just remnted during the college terms and it was never my permanent address

DsJewel wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm just about to send off for my police cert and I'm just wondering about the part where you mention any past addresses. Would I have toadd where I lived during college? I'm from kerry but lived in cork while I was in college, would I add that address even though I just remnted during the college terms and it was never my permanent address

If you lived in any address for more than two weeks in Ireland you must provide it to the Garda

daz279 wrote: »
    If you lived in any address for more than two weeks in Ireland you must provide it to the Garda

Ok. Thanks for your help

Is the 6 weeks or 42 days, 42 working days or 42 full week days?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

For the WHV, it's seemingly a 6-8 week wait. So if the submission date was the 14th May, then this is only the 5th week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 littlemover

I'm waiting 8 weeks since yesterday. Think some of the UK ones are taking 9 weeks or so.. it's a joke!

Advertisement