Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭oceanstreet

daz279 wrote: »
    If you lived in any address for more than two weeks in Ireland you must provide it to the Garda

Yeah right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FionFitz

Hi All...I applied for my work permit through mycic on 3 march so its like 8 weeks past and no update .Started the whole kompass process on 16 th of april...they are saying on their website that the whole process should take 56 days from day first to POE..Im on day 70 and still counting :)
    rang yesterday the Work Permits In Canada on 0016139444000 and after 43 min of a friendly robot voice i was told that i should be patient .wtf?
    did anyone actually received POE from Ireland yet? Am i the only one raging about the whole lethargy of the canadians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

FionFitz wrote: »
    Am i the only one raging about the whole lethargy of the canadians?

Wait til you try to get permanent residency!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PAFC

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of going to Canada but I'm not 100% yet so I'm just setting up my Kompass account and getting the right forms done just in case I definitely do decide to go

I got a message on my Kompass account saying I must pay C$150 with IEC Application by next week or my application will be refused? :/

If I don't pay within the time frame does this blacklist me from reapplying or??

Any help would be appreciated! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PAFC

^^^^

Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 sully0182

Very frustrating stuff...I submitted the CIC almost 7 weeks ago now and no reply - I know a guy who just got his POE after starting a Kompass account about a month ago, I would've thought it was a first come, first serve situation :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wesleygreer

8 weeks ago tomorow i submitted my final cic documents for a friend and havnt heard a whisper..i did my own one in november and had my poe after 6 weeks..its a joke how slow there moving this year

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

Just wondering,do you still have a year to activate the visa once you get it? For example, if I apply and get the visa this summer, I then have until next summer to get myself to Canada?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Can I fly to Canada, enter on a tourist visa, then upgrade to the whv after???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Can I fly to Canada, enter on a tourist visa, then upgrade to the whv after???

Hi, what you can do that an once you get your POE what you have to do is Flagpole. Go to the border and come back in to activate the whv. Best of luck.

• Advertisement

I read an interesting article on flagpoling recently - unless you actually head into the states for a while, it's actually marked down against your passport as a refusal of entry by some border security, so if you do it make sure to note the time, date and port of entry to the states to avoid any complications down the line if you're hit with the "have you ever been refused entry to the united states before" question at an airport

Just to clarify since I can't edit posts, by "for a while" I don't mean days or weeks, I just mean crossing the border and spending some time in the States. Maybe a couple of hours to check out the US side of Niagara falls, or a lunch trip to Seattle or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Submitted May 1st, First Round, POE received today! Delighted!

Really? I submitted mine same day and nothing? Thats strange

Really? I submitted mine same day and nothing? Thats strange

What was your WTN?

TimRiggins wrote: »
    What was your WTN?

My world tracking number is 002438... What about u

My world tracking number is 002438... What about u

Can't remember exact number but it was mid 300s. You should get yours soon aswell though

• Registered Users Posts: 2 parkourparkour

Submitted April 26th, POE arrived today 😀😀😀

Buddy hot his today too.

I'm about 200 spaces behind. Should be getting mine next week

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 clopow

Just got my POE...and it's my birthday! It's like Canada wanted to give me the best present ever.

So, what now? Do I just go and hand that in and be all Canadian?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 neadsk

Got my POE about an hour ago. Submitted everything on the 12th May. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

clopow wrote: »
    Do I just go and hand that in and be all Canadian?
    AFAIK, you pop over to Canada with your CAD$2,500 and when you give the letter to the person in the Canadian airport, your visa gets activated.

Hi guys what was yeer world trackinn numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 neadsk

Hi guys what was yeer world trackinn numbers

MY number was 3013... I think can't remember the full number.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

In terms of flights, am I correct in thinking a return flight isn't needed as long as you prove you have funds to buy one over there if you need to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LusciousOis

I got my POE today! But something has come up and it looks like I won't be going now but will be going next year.. a year passed the deadline if being able to use it.. What does this mean if I reapply next year and cancel this one?? will it effect me applying next year again or should I be okay? Any help would be appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

I got my POE today! But something has come up and it looks like I won't be going now but will be going next year.. a year passed the deadline if being able to use it.. What does this mean if I reapply next year and cancel this one?? will it effect me applying next year again or should I be okay? Any help would be appreciated.

Congratgulations. Can I ask when you applied? Were you Round 1 or Round 2?

• Advertisement

Can't remember my stupid login now to check my poe

Tried too many times and got suspended for 24 hours.

Yarg!

Advertisement