Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Hi Stevie,

I'm not 100% sure how to answer your questions so I'm not even going to attempt to as I don't want to give you false info! However, the Facebook groups are:

IEC Working Holiday Forum - Moving2Canada
    IEC Ireland 2015/ 2016
    (and the most useful one of all, from personal experience)
    International Experience Canada (IEC) - Ask Us Anything!

The last one in particular has one lady (not sure if I should mention her name) who is absolutely phenomenal in answering questions and explaining things- you'll find her fairly quickly as she has answered a lot of questions and pretty much everyone who posts saying that they got their POE/ arrived in Canada safely thank her specially for all her help! :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Great thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bonifacej

I have not uploaded my cal to mycic in time of my due date (14 days), how do I re submit another one on my Kompass account, there doesn't seem to be options because all the options are locked out. Also if I'm an Australian resident can I do this process in Canada and just cross the border from America or something when it's done or do I have to be in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 badbeatz

Hi. I am just wondering if anyone can supply any information on whether I can use a new passport to enter Canada on an IEC visa as I lost the passport I used on my application. I have pictures of it but just freaking out a little bit. Please help. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Adam!038

" A CV/Resume. This must contain the information specified "

whenever I click that link i can't see the information i need to have, can anybody help me out, what exactly needs to be on my cv?

• Advertisement

Adam!038 wrote: »
    " A CV/Resume. This must contain the information specified "

whenever I click that link i can't see the information i need to have, can anybody help me out, what exactly needs to be on my cv?

Scroll down to Appendix A there and it'll show you what you need and the format: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/iec.asp#appA

badbeatz wrote: »
    Hi. I am just wondering if anyone can supply any information on whether I can use a new passport to enter Canada on an IEC visa as I lost the passport I used on my application. I have pictures of it but just freaking out a little bit. Please help. Cheers.

Hey, have a look here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=861&t=25

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fobblewobble

Hi. I hope someone can provide some info on this for me. I submitted my full application and payment for the work holiday visa yesterday and it appears there is only 185 left as of today. Is there any chance of me getting issued a visa in this round? I'm hoping to move with my Canadian girlfriend in November of this year. Is there any way of speeding up the process even? Thanks in advance.

Hi. I hope someone can provide some info on this for me. I submitted my full application and payment for the work holiday visa yesterday and it appears there is only 185 left as of today. Is there any chance of me getting issued a visa in this round? I'm hoping to move with my Canadian girlfriend in November of this year. Is there any way of speeding up the process even? Thanks in advance.

Im heading over to Vancouver in november too, started my application last week
    hope there wont be any issues was like 300 left when i first started

Im just wondering, how much is it costing everyone to get to canada
    i've done some research and seems like its gonna cost me 300-400 euro which isnt too bad :P

• Advertisement

Honestly there's no real way of knowing if you're going to get a spot, hopefully you will but you'll just have to wait and see.

I would advise getting police Certs, cv's and everything else you will need in order NOW, so that you can submit everything as soon as you're asked for it, which will speed up your application.

Im just wondering, how much is it costing everyone to get to canada
    i've done some research and seems like its gonna cost me 300-400 euro which isnt too bad :P

If you're going to the East Coast, that sounds about right! West Coast will obviously be more expensive, as for example flights to Vancouver from Toronto are pretty much the same price as from here to Toronto! As with everything tho, shopping around and booking nice and early will benefit you hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fobblewobble

tradhead wrote: »
    Honestly there's no real way of knowing if you're going to get a spot, hopefully you will but you'll just have to wait and see.

I would advise getting police Certs, cv's and everything else you will need in order NOW, so that you can submit everything as soon as you're asked for it, which will speed up your application.

Thanks for the reply. I have completed round 2 so the police cert and everything else is already submitted. Does the Conditional Letter of Acceptance after round 1 get me into that quota? I guess time will tell but it would be great if someone knew for sure.

Thanks for the reply. I have completed round 2 so the police cert and everything else is already submitted. Does the Conditional Letter of Acceptance after round 1 get me into that quota? I guess time will tell but it would be great if someone knew for sure.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the CAL means you're in the quota. If it's any consolation I applied at the end of July and was only waiting four days(!) for my POE- I think that was particularly quick but I figured because they're nearing the end of the quota, that they're speeding things up a little bit so hopefully you won't be waiting too long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

I submitted all my documents and cal letter 8 weeks ago and still nothing. Has anyone else waited this long?

If you're going to the East Coast, that sounds about right! West Coast will obviously be more expensive, as for example flights to Vancouver from Toronto are pretty much the same price as from here to Toronto! As with everything tho, shopping around and booking nice and early will benefit you hugely.

Its costing 350 to go from dublin to LA, Then LA to Vancouver
    Need to jump on it now because i defiantly dont think ill find cheaper!

Its costing 350 to go from dublin to LA, Then LA to Vancouver
    Need to jump on it now because i defiantly dont think ill find cheaper!

That's insane! Do you mind me asking which airline that's with?

DsJewel wrote: »
    I submitted all my documents and cal letter 8 weeks ago and still nothing. Has anyone else waited this long?

I'm pretty sure I saw someone mention on the IEC facebook page that their boyfriend had been waiting 14 weeks for his and had eventually got it! Hang in there :-)

I know Need to book it asap
    Think its with Norwegian :)

I know Need to book it asap
    Think its with Norwegian for my first flight (with a stop off in oslo)
    then head to vancouver from LA with a different flight which are around 80-90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

I'm pretty sure I saw someone mention on the IEC facebook page that their boyfriend had been waiting 14 weeks for his and had eventually got it! Hang in there :-)

Good to know! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Hi, just wondering if people are still using the insurance options in the OP?

If so, do they cover trips to a local GP in Canada or are they just for more emergency situations?

newg300 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if people are still using the insurance options in the OP?

If so, do they cover trips to a local GP in Canada or are they just for more emergency situations?

Yeah im going for goforless since they have the option for up to five 4week long trips home
    just dont know what exactly im covered for

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

I'm looking at Go4Less too.

I've read their policy document, but I'm just a bit unsure about trips to a GP. It says that you are covered for unforseen "
    Bodily Injury
    , illness,
    disease, compulsory quarantine or
    Complications of Pregnancy and Childbirth
    "

But if you fall ill, you will probably go to a GP first and I'm unsure if they will cover this or is it just after admittance to a hospital.

I have seen that a person on a WHV is eligible for Provincial Health Care, but only after three months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

newg300 wrote: »
    I'm looking at Go4Less too.

I've read their policy document, but I'm just a bit unsure about trips to a GP. It says that you are covered for unforseen "
    Bodily Injury
    , illness,
    disease, compulsory quarantine or
    Complications of Pregnancy and Childbirth
    "

But if you fall ill, you will probably go to a GP first and I'm unsure if they will cover this or is it just after admittance to a hospital.

I have seen that a person on a WHV is eligible for Provincial Health Care, but only after three months.

They will only cover emergencies - they don't cover day to day stuff. So they won't cover GP fees.

Hey my brother is thinking of heading to canada a couple months after me, but working holdiay is already on round two and only has about 100 spots left
    When these spots go, whens the next time he could apply?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Hey my brother is thinking of heading to canada a couple months after me, but working holdiay is already on round two and only has about 100 spots left
    When these spots go, whens the next time he could apply?
    Thanks

It's hard to say as the date it opens varies from year to year. In 2014, it opened in early March, but this year it was a lot later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

I got refused an application for an IEC visa back at the start of June because I have already exceed the max number of years. That's fair enough because I have but the thing is I still haven't got a refund after 3 monthhs and I've have tried emailing them 4 times through my kompass account but so far they've all gone unanswered.

Does anybody have any experience with the refund process if it hasn't been automatically refunded or does anyone even have a contact number I could ring them on because I can't find anything on the website.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Scooper

I've recently started the application for a working visa in Canada. I spent over 3 years in Australia and have been living in Ireland for the past 3 years. I'm wondering will I need a police cert from Australia as part of the application process for getting the Canadian visa? Also how long does it take to recieve a police cert for Ireland and is that definitely needed too when trying to get granted a visa for Canada?

• Advertisement

Scooper wrote: »
    I've recently started the application for a working visa in Canada. I spent over 3 years in Australia and have been living in Ireland for the past 3 years. I'm wondering will I need a police cert from Australia as part of the application process for getting the Canadian visa? Also how long does it take to recieve a police cert for Ireland and is that definitely needed too when trying to get granted a visa for Canada?

Yep, you need a police cert from any country you've lived in for more than six months continuously, so you'll need an Australian and an irish one. The irish cert depends on your station for how long it takes to get- I rang them and asked nicely for it to be processed as soon as possible, and it was ready two days later.

Advertisement