Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Is it possible for me to enter Canada on a IEC VISA via car/land.

Basically my partner and I want to collect our car in the USA and then drive to Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Coyner212

Hi folks, I currently have an IEC visa that expires in November 2020 but my passport expires in January 2020. Does this affect the status of my visa? As in, does it technically expire in January or November?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sarahdee123

Referring back to question 19: "If I am assigned an IEC spot and issued a Letter of Introduction but do not use it, will I get back the participation fee? May I apply again in other years?" I received a working holiday visa for Canada back in 2013 and never activated it due to issues beyond my control. I am now currently on the second stage of my visa (7 years later). I have attached a letter explaining why I didn't activate it all them years ago. Do they take these sort of things in to consideration or is it a no go no matter what the situation... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Referring back to question 19: "If I am assigned an IEC spot and issued a Letter of Introduction but do not use it, will I get back the participation fee? May I apply again in other years?" I received a working holiday visa for Canada back in 2013 and never activated it due to issues beyond my control. I am now currently on the second stage of my visa (7 years later). I have attached a letter explaining why I didn't activate it all them years ago. Do they take these sort of things in to consideration or is it a no go no matter what the situation... Thanks

I think some people do get a 2nd visa but it's just down to luck.

However it does also say this about applications from Irish citizens

If you participated in IEC before 2013 for a period of up to 12 months, you are eligible for a second participation of up to 24 months in the category of your choice. Those who participated in IEC more than once before 2013 are no longer eligible to apply.

So you might be in luck. I believe 2014 is when they started giving 2 year permits to Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Just wondering is there a sticky somewhere about getting a visa for canada and how it works at present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Is anybody hoping to go to Canada on the IEC visa whenever the time comes? I applied back in September and I got an email last night saying that my application has expired and that I'm no longer in the pool. I tried to apply again but it said I was ineligible, I'm assuming is is because there are no pools open at the moment.

rorrissey wrote: »
    Is anybody hoping to go to Canada on the IEC visa whenever the time comes? I applied back in September and I got an email last night saying that my application has expired and that I'm no longer in the pool. I tried to apply again but it said I was ineligible, I'm assuming is is because there are no pools open at the moment.

Yes there are no pools open at the moment. It seems like IRCC are putting more resources into PR applications from those already in Canada so I would not be surprised if the pools didn't open again until 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Anyone else just get an acceptance letter for IEC today? Surprised they've started accepting last year's applicants whilst we're still in the lockdown but happy to see it :)

Strangely, as I understand it (open to correction) - I can't enter during covid unless I get a job offer prior (thus making it an essential trip) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html - the usual flow of IEC offer -> go over -> search for work will hopefully resume later in the year - my 1 year countdown has started already as of the letter!!

Yes there are no pools open at the moment. It seems like IRCC are putting more resources into PR applications from those already in Canada so I would not be surprised if the pools didn't open again until 2022.

I was wrong. Pools are open again. First draw is in March. 10500 permits available for Irish passport holders.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/iec/selections.asp?country=ie&cat=wh

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Has anyone applied for IEC that opened 1st March and have heard anything back about being successful?

I applied on the 1st and sent job offer to the email last weekend. I've heard nothing back yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement