Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if this is the correct place but I'm planning on signing up for 2015 and would just like to ask about some info.
    How long does the process of applying til confirmation take?
    Whole process can take as little as a couple of weeks, about a month seems to be the average
    Am I better going it alone or should I sign up with Usit/Sayit?
    Do not used Usit/Sayit - do it yourself. In fact, 3rd parties are not permitted to apply for the permit on your behalf
    When should I start the application process, as in gathering documents and getting everything ready?

Your police cert needs to be within the last 3 months so start of next year would be plenty of time (Assuming applications don't open until February/March)
    And should I be lucky and am chosen, am I given a certain timeframe when I need to go or can I choose the date to activate the visa myself?

You have one year from the data of issue of the POE to enter Canada

PS most of this information has already been covered in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Is it possible to get a visa if over 35? I know a number of employers over there who may be able to assist me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Is it possible to get a visa if over 35? I know a number of employers over there who may be able to assist me

You can't get an IEC visa if you are over 35. There are other visas available.

There's a questionaire on the CIC site that you can run through and that will give you the visa options at the end

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 173 ✭✭stevie1122

Sorry if this has been asked already but how do I sign or validate the IMM1295E and IMM5707E forms electronically no matter what I do or try it will not work but I can put the date in opposite the signature no problem.

But when I place the cursor over the section where the signature goes it either goes into the I declare part above where the signature should be or it goes below the line where Signature of applicant part is. When I click on either of these parts the cursor flashes but when I type nothing comes up on the screen?? According to the CIC help you just click and type your name but this is not working.

I have searched everywhere and anytime someone has this problem nobody seems to have a solution it's seems to happen regularly so please can somebody help because I only have a few days left to submit these and I really don't need this headache it's driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

You don't have to sing each form at the end. Just continue on and at the very end after you submit all required documents you will be asked to electronically sign it in which you just type your name. This is all is required and everything is validated then.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for the reply really appreciate that. You would think they would just remove the signature part from those two forms the amount of confusion it seems to cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if this is the correct place but I'm planning on signing up for 2015 and would just like to ask about some info.
    How long does the process of applying til confirmation take?
    Am I better going it alone or should I sign up with Usit/Sayit?
    When should I start the application process, as in gathering documents and getting everything ready?
    I'm set on moving to Vancouver, anyone who's already there able to tell me how the job market is? I've a 3 year degree in Digital Media.
    Any idea when the application process is likely to start?
    And should I be lucky and am chosen, am I given a certain timeframe when I need to go or can I choose the date to activate the visa myself?

Sorry if this is wrong or if I've asked stupid questions, I just like being prepared!

Thanks

I am in the same boat myself, me and two friends are looking to go at the earliest possible chance in 2015, cant seem to find a date when the visas are on sale ?

And also have we got a good chance of getting visas or is it pure luck of the draw ?

Thanks for any help my head is melted :o

Pure luck I had been waiting since November to get a visa missed one on both rounds yet people who decided 2 days before they went on sale got one.

I can imagine next year will be even worse because the country isn't getting any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭DermoMIO

just confirming the form I need upon arrival is my POE Introduction letter I dont need any letters they sent us previous to that regarding for each step of the application ? Somebody on Irish New In Toronto said the letter sent to us @ stage 2 is needed is this correct if so can we get hold of this the my messages inbox on mycic just has my POE letter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Clearyphilip

Hi just wonder can any one point me in the direction for the terms of the young professionals visa?
    What I'm trying to find out is if one gets a job does one have to stay in that job for the duration of the stay or can one change jobs if they move to a different location.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭murdog!

Anyone having trouble reading the .pdf files in the messages? I have tried on windows, linux and my phone and they all have the same message saying the document should eventually be replaced and if not update adobe reader. I've tried this and nothing is working, any ideas?

Hi just wonder can any one point me in the direction for the terms of the young professionals visa?
    What I'm trying to find out is if one gets a job does one have to stay in that job for the duration of the stay or can one change jobs if they move to a different location.
    Thanks

If you lose the job or leave they will take your visa away someone asked this question at the last jobs expo. I think you can apply again if you get another job but it could take weeks and theirs no guarantee you will get it and you can't stay in the country while your waiting for the new visa to be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

Hello all,

I've been wanting to go to Canada for many many years and by chance about a month ago applied for the IEC and was lucky to find that Quota was available. I've since been approved for the IEC and now onto the MyCIC phase. Applications and uploads have been completed and Police Cert will be with me tomorrow and that will be the application sent off, so all good so far, thankfully.

Question is in regards to fees. I've paid the 150 CAD fees for the IEC. I've been seeing that the MyCIC is mentioning fees also. Now I did a Google search a few weeks back and believe that once I paid the IEC fees that should be it, but not overly sure and can't find the page I was looking at originally and unable to find the answer anywhere else strangely.

Could those who went through the process confirm please? Would like to know so I can be ready when I submit.

Thank you for your answer :)
    Regards

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The 150 CAD is the only fee you pay. It mentions fees at the CIC stage but they don't apply for the IEC visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Logan

Faith wrote: »
    The 150 CAD is the only fee you pay. It mentions fees at the CIC stage but they don't apply for the IEC visa.

Much appreciated :)

Please delete

I received my CAL on 12/9/14, it says it expires on 27/9/14. Gardai say cert will take a few weeks (requested in station on 16/9/14).

I thought the CAL was supposed to be valid for 3 months? Any ideas on how to get the cert from the gardai a bit quicker?

It shouldn't take that long just go down to the station and ask in person they could easily send it to you in a day if they were bothered it would only take them a few minutes to do a background check.

My Cal was only valid for 10 - 15 days as well I think it's because we were on the waiting list they probably don't want people taking ages to complete the CIC process because then they would be crossing over entering Canada with the people who get visas in 2015 I assume they would only want a certain amount of people coming into the country at a time that's just my theory though.

Go to the station anyway because once CAL expires that's it the IEC will just offer your place to someone else.

stevie1122 wrote: »
    It shouldn't take that long just go down to the station and ask in person they could easily send it to you in a day if they were bothered it would only take them a few minutes to do a background check.

My Cal was only valid for 10 - 15 days as well I think it's because we were on the waiting list they probably don't want people taking ages to complete the CIC process because then they would be crossing over entering Canada with the people who get visas in 2015 I assume they would only want a certain amount of people coming into the country at a time that's just my theory though.

Go to the station anyway because once CAL expires that's it the IEC will just offer your place to someone else.

Cert arrived this morning, think they were just trying to scare me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Hi all! So just to let you know my friend was told that the next year applications are available in December this year. So keep your eyes out!

• Advertisement

We were told that last year too and they didn't open until March!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bettio

Hi sorry just wondering what kinda of proof if any it need to send with my application as I have a common law partner, he is making his own application but we still hav to say we r common law, do I send anything with the deceleration or only if they ask?? My cal expires tomorrow and I hav no police very from Ireland or America! Should I send as much as I can in today and just attach a letter of explanation to say I will send the rest when I get them??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nownow**

Hi everyone,

Just gone through the threads, all comments were very helpful!!

I am right at the very beginning of applying as in only signed up for Kompass but I am a little confused as to when I can proceed. I went to register on my Kompass account but it will not let me proceed as the IEC applications are not open yet. I can see a lot of you ware well into this process so I just want to know is there any way I can proceed with the application so that it is all ready as soon as round 1 begins? I know it may not be until next year however I want to have all my ducks in a row!

Any info would be great if you can remember what to do back in the beginning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dgreen91

Hi Guys!

Just looking for some info in relation to the whole visa process! I am pretty new to this as I only set up my Kompass account yesterday and havent really a clue that is going on! So I set up the account and am I right in thinking the only reason it allowed me to is because there are young professional visas still available? We are hoping to go January 2016 but could go earlier depending on visas etc.. Basically i submitted my application and got the email back that I am on the waiting list. Does this mean that I have to wait to hear from them about the 2nd phase which is uploading documents? I am totally confused and whenever i click on the mail the link that says you are on the waiting list opens a PDF document that says "please wait ...if this page does not open automatically then you may need to download the new adobe reader" however I already have all that downloaded so I don't think that is the issue!! Has this happened anybody else?! Also do i just keep checking my messages to see if I can go on to the upload document phase of Kompass or is that when the visa window opens and I have to do it then?

So Sorry for all the crazy questions I just haven't a clue how to go about any of this and don't wanna get it wrong!!

Thanks in advance guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dgreen91

Hi Guys!

Just looking for some info in relation to the whole visa process! I am pretty new to this as I only set up my Kompass account yesterday and havent really a clue that is going on! So I set up the account and am I right in thinking the only reason it allowed me to is because there are young professional visas still available? We are hoping to go January 2016 but could go earlier depending on visas etc.. Basically i submitted my application and got the email back that I am on the waiting list. Does this mean that I have to wait to hear from them about the 2nd phase which is uploading documents? I am totally confused and whenever i click on the mail the link that says you are on the waiting list opens a PDF document that says "please wait ...if this page does not open automatically then you may need to download the new adobe reader" however I already have all that downloaded so I don't think that is the issue!! Has this happened anybody else?! Also do i just keep checking my messages to see if I can go on to the upload document phase of Kompass or is that when the visa window opens and I have to do it then?

So Sorry for all the crazy questions I just haven't a clue how to go about any of this and don't wanna get it wrong!!

Thanks in advance guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Chocolate Chip Sunshine

Does anybody know how long the Garda clearance cert is valid? Is it too early to apply for this now for the 2015 working holiday applications?

Also if you have a Degree should you get this investigated to see what the equivalent of it is in Canada?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Does anybody know how long the Garda clearance cert is valid? Is it too early to apply for this now for the 2015 working holiday applications?

3 months only

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Chocolate Chip Sunshine

Does anybody know if you can register for a Kompass account & complete the application under the 2014 application process & use this for when the 2015 application process opens to that you have everything ready?

Or does the option to set up a Kompass account for 2015 open before the date you need to submit your documents so that you have time to set it up, complete the form & have your docs ready to submit when the date to submit is announced for 2015?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

shalalala wrote: »
    3 months only

6 months is it not

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    6 months is it not

It's 3.

Advertisement