Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What ever happened to My Little Funhouse?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Luffas

MLF appeared in a GnR video.

Yes they were in November Rain, if I was the singer Alan Lawler I'd ask lord henry to use his influence to get the band to open at slane for GNR. Just one gig....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

They weren't very good, just got a lucky break.

They were really good considering what made it big at the time, you could also say Alice in Chains, Nirvana, etc. etc. weren't very good and they weren't but MLF definitely had something special. I remember reading Kerrang magazine at the time and the heading was "a special kind of singer" i had never heard them to that point, but the writer compared Alan to Bon Scott and said he was the best rock singer since. I know that was a bit of BS, but I still think they were really good and am very proud that they are Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

They never sounded like where they were from.

But what sounds like where we are from? the Horslips?? Lizzy don't, U2 Don't, Therapy Don't, Kerbdog neither... They do actually sound like some of the rougher mid west area rock in the US, which has a lot in common, culturally with here, like the, nothing happening, dreary thing..sounds dark, "No more Lies" from their EP sounds very dark and dreary - Irish sounding I'd say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

buck65 wrote: »
    MLF were not good, at all.

Just quoting myself from way back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 DarkerSerge

seachto7 wrote: »
    They never sounded like where they were from.

Unlike The Thrills.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RaoulPuke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Unlike The Thrills.

Them too. Although the way Irish teenagers talk now, they sound like the Thrills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

some highlights were sharing a urinal with jeff hanneman,

Were the jacks really that packed? :eek:

Advertisement