Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB --> AIB direct debit transfers

Options
  • 01-02-2014 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

So I have recently had to change banks due to Danske closing and it's been nothing but a mess since.

I have changed to PTSB and have direct debits to AIB for my mortgage and a personal loan as well as other various direct debits for other bills.

Checking my open24 banking today I see that the mortgage payment has come out today, even though due on Mon. From reading, I understand that that can happen as the transfer is put through on Fri night rather than Sun night (even though it never happened with Danske Bank in that way).

However my personal loan repayment which was due on Friday has not been debited from my account at all:confused: (not even showing with the amount as pending) And other direct debit that is due on Monday (not to AIB though) - I have no idea what is going to happen with that one.

So:
    One direct debit due Fri - not yet taken
    One direct debit due Mon - taken
    One direct debit due Mon - ??

Is there anyone with experience of PTSB to AIB direct debits who can tell me about their experiences?

I really wish even more now that Danske weren't closing - everything was so simple and organised.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

This may be due to the sepa change.
    Have a look at the previous threads recently.
    Btw DD timings are down to the receiving bank (AIB).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

dobsdave wrote: »
    Btw DD timings are down to the receiving bank (AIB).

This. AIB have taken one of your DDs and not the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

So do I contact PTSB or AIB to find out why the loan repayment hasn't been taken out, even though the funds are there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

AIB. I'd probably give it til tomorrow though. It's likely enough that the loan and mtg DDs are being collected by two different departments and one is just a little more on the ball than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You can actually check if the Direct Debit is set up and when it's next date it (because under SEPA banks are providing advance notice of DD's).

When logged into open24 click on the "payments & transfers" than under Direct Debits header click on "view or amend".

You than can see all direct debits set up on your account and when you go into the details it should show you "Next Due Date" if it's set up as SEPA DD and notification has already been given.

I would check if the DD for your loan is set up and if you can see the next due date.

As to the money going out of the account late Friday night/early Saturday morning for direct debits due on Monday, that is standard process with PTSB, you can see that the value date is still Monday despite it already showing, there was an announcement a while ago that money for DD needs to be in the account the day before it's due.

• Advertisement

The direct debit is lset up on the account, but there are no details about the next payment or anything there. I'll give AIB and then PTSB a call in the am if it still hasn't been taken from my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Is this the first time the dd is coming out of this account?
    if so, I have found that details only show after the 1st one has completed.

yep, first time

Well, no joy, PTSB are blaming AIB for the direct debit of the personal loan not coming out and AIB are saying that PTSB have responsibility for making sure it (the switch) is successfully completed.

All I know is AIB tried to take the payment on Friday and it was rejected back to them on Monday, while PTSB are saying the direct debit mandate is set up from their end, so god only knows what is going on.

Advertisement