Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

raw food supplier Dublin area or delivey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Rommie wrote: »
    Does anyone here use nutriment? Was checking them out last night and they even do raw cat food, and they're starting a delivery service from this wednesday.

Hi rommie, could I ask where you got the details on their delivery? I have used nutriment, I got some when they were at shows over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Hello belongtojazz, you might wanna check out their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/nutrimentireland?fref=ts
    I will collect my order on tuesday, when the training class is on at the national show center

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I knew buying a chest freezer was somehow tempting fate! :o

Nutriment looks quite good. They're expensive for duck necks, although they are prepacked into 1kg bags. I'm going to wait and see what sort of wholesale deal Dogs First comes up with tomorrow before ordering anywhere. I've been feeding chicken legs and mince beef from Aldi, but I really miss the duck necks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I got a kg of Ducks wings last night for €1.50 from Nutriment. I defrosted some for this morning & I'm well impressed- no rotten gone off smell like I have seen with the products from a certain other supplier.

I will be getting more next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Knine wrote: »
    I got a kg of Ducks wings last night for €1.50 from Nutriment. I defrosted some for this morning & I'm well impressed- no rotten gone off smell like I have seen with the products from a certain other supplier.

I will be getting more next week.

Delivered or are they at Cloghran?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

tk123 wrote: »
    Delivered or are they at Cloghran?

At Cloghran training classes

Knine wrote: »
    At Cloghran training classes

Thanks!

Has anyone ordered from Nutriment online? They have a UK website with Sterling prices and a Euro price list on Facebook. :confused:

Hello bluecherry74, for Ireland you cant order online as far as I know. I did my order via PM on the Nutriment Ireland Facebook page and collected it at the NSC (but they do also a 10€ delivery!)- the dogs love it! Btw nutriment salmon looks like salmon and not like cheap crap white fish like from the other supplier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Hello bluecherry74, for Ireland you cant order online as far as I know. I did my order via PM on the Nutriment Ireland Facebook page and collected it at the NSC (but they do also a 10€ delivery!)- the dogs love it! Btw nutriment salmon looks like salmon and not like cheap crap white fish like from the other supplier!

Sorry, what's the NSC? Sounds like that won't be a goer for me so. That's a nuisance, had hoped I would be able to use Nutriment for my girl in the meantime :( I live in Leitrim though, so can't be going to Dublin or that to pick up her food at the drop of a hat.

• Advertisement

ferretone wrote: »
    Sorry, what's the NSC? Sounds like that won't be a goer for me so. That's a nuisance, had hoped I would be able to use Nutriment for my girl in the meantime :( I live in Leitrim though, so can't be going to Dublin or that to pick up her food at the drop of a hat.

The National Show Center. You can also get it delivered for €10. I only got a delivery from DF last week but will definitely be trying nutriment when my stock runs out - I like the idea of being able to buy smaller amounts eg 1kg of hearts or wings etc. I only have a small under counter freezer for the dog stuff so will be able to try some different stuff instead of filling it with 15kgs of duck necks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Update on the dogsfirst facebook page just now. Wholesale meats available from their new supplier in Dublin, pick ups available also, new products and smaller packs coming on board and soon wholesale orders online, delivered the next day. No update on the gRÁW situation as yet.

https://www.facebook.com/DogsFirstIreland

Update on the dogsfirst facebook page just now. Wholesale meats available from their new supplier in Dublin, pick ups available also, new products and smaller packs coming on board and soon wholesale orders online, delivered the next day. No update on the gRÁW situation as yet.

Yaay! I'm sorted either way - my dad is in Clondalkin every day and would be in his element collecting food for the doggies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

Great news on DF site alright. True to his word, sourced a supplier for us.

Well done to them but does anybody know why they have now a new supplier?

Absolutely delighted to read this! Nutriment sounded like a great alternative, but I wasn't crazy about buying UK meat. I'd much rather buy Irish. Here's hoping the courier server gets up and running soon. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Well done to them but does anybody know why they have now a new supplier?

No clue but I'm guessing their old one could have been unreliable or maybe just couldn't keep up with the growing demand and possibly that's why there were supply issues for DF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Hmmm was going to buy some nutriment but didn't realise it was english meat. Is it not fit for human consumption?

nala2012 wrote: »
    Hmmm was going to buy some nutriment but didn't realise it was english meat. Is it not fit for human consumption?
    I don't know about human consumption, but the idea of buying imported meat doesn't feel right to me. I'd rather buy from Irish farmers.

I remember the first time I got sardines from DF, he very enthusiastically tried to convince me that I could fry them up and eat them myself. :D

Edit: I'm just assuming Nutriment is English meat. It's a UK company and made in England as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TrafficBug

Yes, Whispered I agree. The Raw dog food is too expensive also, despite it being good for the health of the dog. The Butchers is the ideal choice for scraps, mixed with dry food.

• Advertisement

TrafficBug wrote: »
    Yes, Whispered I agree. The Raw dog food is too expensive also, despite it being good for the health of the dog. The Butchers is the ideal choice for scraps, mixed with dry food.

if you have storage space "wholesale" raw food is not expensive imo cheaper than a good quality dry food anyway. €18-20 for 15kgs of duck necks lasts me almost a month for my 2 dogs.

I've had no luck getting through to Nutriment either by phone or through Facebook. :confused: You people in Dublin are so lucky that DF has sorted out a supplier so quickly.

I've had no luck getting through to Nutriment either by phone or through Facebook. :confused: You people in Dublin are so lucky that DF has sorted out a supplier so quickly.

He keeps saying delivery will be up and running soon. I can't wait - I've been bulking the pup's meals out with wet food to make the meat last but I'll be able to give her more meat now that I can get another delivery when we're running out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is he not getting a supplier sorted for the whole country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

tk123 wrote: »
    if you have storage space "wholesale" raw food is not expensive imo cheaper than a good quality dry food anyway. €18-20 for 15kgs of duck necks lasts me almost a month for my 2 dogs.

TK I'm trying to work this out at the moment. Maybe you can advise - if I get 15kg of chicken necks, 15kg of duck wings and then some lamb heart or something, is that enough variety with their veggies (and things like eggs, cod liver oil etc) added in?

How much space does 30kg meat take up? :D

Whispered wrote: »
    TK I'm trying to work this out at the moment. Maybe you can advise - if I get 15kg of chicken necks, 15kg of duck wings and then some lamb heart or something, is that enough variety with their veggies (and things like eggs, cod liver oil etc) added in?

How much space does 30kg meat take up? :D

Yeah that sounds good! 15kgs of duck necks takes up 2 drawers of my under counter freezer. The necks are very easy to divide up too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

I've just acquired a new freezer, a decent-sized chest one for our shed, to sort out the problem of driving so far to collect our wholesale meat. Wasn't sure if I'd get it sorted in time, so just got a normal-ish-sized order from Emyvale this time around (mostly duck necks and hearts), but will be getting much more next time around. I'd also been hoping to order from Nutriment as well: that was another part of the rationale for the big freezer; I'd order at least 2 boxes from them to justify the shipping charge. I really hope they get their act together so I can do that soon. I want to do it over the phone as well, as I hate paypal.

On a lighter note, hubby has informed me I've gotten a spectacular Valentine gift: a freezer with a thousand little hearts in it :pac:

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is he not getting a supplier sorted for the whole country?

He is, but it'll be a while before it's up and running. Just trying to find a source of decent food in the mean time. I'm going to have a chat with my butcher tomorrow and see if he can do me a deal.

He is, but it'll be a while before it's up and running. Just trying to find a source of decent food in the mean time. I'm going to have a chat with my butcher tomorrow and see if he can do me a deal.

He said on FB that deliveries to Wicklow and Wexford are starting next week so possibly it'll be deliveries to everywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

DBB wrote: »
    It was lack of transparency that made me another disgruntled customer some time ago, I completely lost trust in them as a result.
    Tk, I have been on to Slaney Pet Foods in the recent past to ask him about the fat content of their meats, because this is a really important consideration for me too. Here's what he told me, it's not a complete list:
    Chicken 13%
    Lamb 16%
    Beef 9%
    Tripe 13%
    Heart chunks 10%
    Liver chunks 2%

I take it that Slaney meat is in chunks. The only comparison I can give is that the minced chicken from DF. according to them, has 30-40% fat.
    I may give Slaney a go, just one order and see how it goes, although it doesn't work out much cheaper than buying meat from supermarkets, though if its better quality and not consisting of so much fat it could be worth a go.
    A friend of mine has ordered from them and she had no issues with the quality of their meats.

I will be placing my third order with Slaney next week.

So far I have gotten minced green tripe, minced venison, heart chunks and liver chunks and have zero complaints. This time it will be tripe (they love tripe) and rabbit.

Worked for years as a chef - the 'old fashioned' kind that is trained in butchery so I am a pretty good judge of raw meat and my one 'complaint' is that as there is minced bone in the venison I can't try out it out myself. :p

The heart chunks are whole hearts so the amount of fat varies from quite a lot to hardly any. As I dice them myself trimming off the fat isn't an issue for me.

I won't be getting the liver chunks again simply because my 4 spoiled toe-rags don't like it.

I do wish they did neck and bones but we have found a butcher who does a great deal for us on chicken wings and beef knuckles.

I don't live in Dublin so it is great that I order on a Sunday night and on Tuesday morning a cooler box is delivered with my order still frozen in 1 kg bags. No looking to see when deliveries will be made to far flung places like Cork City...

Including delivery it works out as less than a tenner a week to feed 4 JRTs.

Advertisement