Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

raw food supplier Dublin area or delivey

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ok so I got 10 bags - 2 x each flavour for €12. The tripe stinks - I get dried tripe so it was prepared for the aroma but it's stronger and still frozen so I'm prepared for a whiff tomorrow. Both dogs went mad when they got a smell of it! :p The bags are small so easier to pack them in freezer - the proof will be in the eating tomorrow when the doggies try it! :p

EDIT - the tripe wasn't that bad - not much worse than dried tripe and they LOVED it!! Just a heads up if any orders from dogfooddirect - everything is in the one freezer so all the bags had a tripey-smell - just in case you think it's gone off it's fine! :p

Pic of either lamb or beef :
    295216.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi all,
    You will notice that a number of posts have been deleted from this thread.
    These are all posts which were made by BobbyBogBrush, or any posts which quoted or replied to BobbyBogBrush, who is now banned due to being a re-reg of Dogs First, who is also banned.
    I feel sorry for those of you who put their time and energy into giving oxygen to this user, your efforts have regrettably been wasted, but I think it's important that banned users do not get a platform here, no matter what identity they try to fool us all with, nor what old arguments they wish to settle in a most unprofessional, immature manner.
    Thanks,
    DBB

nala2012 wrote: »
    Ordered off dogfooddirect yesterday. Ordered the chicken necks and a mixed box. Hope they're good! As i'm in galway it will be next week before i have it.

Hey can you report back on the chick necks pls? I might try them for convenience of getting everything in the one place. The dogs love the minces so I'll def be getting more of them! We have salmon and lamb-or-beef-surprise :p on the menu tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Knine wrote: »
    I did not find the DF chubbs great. When I defrosted them they were anything but fresh. Also I won a competition on the DF Facebook page & I was never given my prize. There were 2 other winners, both were regular customers. They got their prize & I was ignored. Very bad form. They obviously did not realise I had sent many new puppy owners their way.

I have some Nutriment defrosted now. It smells lovely & fresh. I know which I will be feeding my dogs.

Made exactly the same experience! Picked up my second order from Nutriment on Tuesday. Dogs are loving it as we do too. Much better quality (even its the "bad" English meat ;-) ) and great variety too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,250 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I got my first ever Dogfirst delivery by courier on Thursday. Courier appears to have been GLS.

I expressly asked that the courier ring when outside my workplace so that I could go out to accept the delivery. This wasn't done but then in fairness to DF they had it written on both packages. The courier just didn't bother. GLS haven't got the most favourable of reviews on here in the past in fairness.

I got 10kg of meaty hearts and 15kg of duck's necks. It was Friday around 6 before I was able to separate the two packs to freezer bag them. There was a good amount of messy blood run off from the hearts but none from the necks.

The dogs have scoffed it all down so far so no complaints from them. They're probably enjoying a change to the usual liver, cow's hearts, meaty bones and chicken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Won't be ordering from dog food direct again. Food didn't smell very fresh. My dogs would eat anything but my cat wouldn't touch any of the minces and she loves the graw but doesn't eat pet mince from butchers! My friends boxer who's fussy and loves graw wouldn't eat the dogfood direct mince either. Don't like how they don't label whats in it. Definatly going back to graw!

Won't be ordering from dog food direct again. Food didn't smell very fresh. My dogs would eat anything but my cat wouldn't touch any of the minces and she loves the graw but doesn't eat pet mince from butchers! My friends boxer who's fussy and loves graw wouldn't eat the dogfood direct mince either. Don't like how they don't label whats in it. Definatly going back to graw!

Everything I got from them stunk of tripe ... but I'd gotten some tripe anyways so didn't mind lol! All of our stuff was nice and fresh so no probs but I'm going to get some tripe from Slaney tomorrow when I'm at the dog expo. I didn't like how dfd's bags weren't sealed so hoping slaney's are. My dad was late on Friday collecting my order from dogs first in clondalkin - the guy who was there knew nothing about it but it was grand - I ended up getting 3 x 5kgs bags of duck necks that had only gone into their freezer that morning so were completely thawed out by the time I was sorting them in the evening - SO handy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

tk123 wrote: »
    Everything I got from them stunk of tripe ... but I'd gotten some tripe anyways so didn't mind lol! All of our stuff was nice and fresh so no probs but I'm going to get some tripe from Slaney tomorrow when I'm at the dog expo. I didn't like how dfd's bags weren't sealed so hoping slaney's are. My dad was late on Friday collecting my order from dogs first in clondalkin - the guy who was there knew nothing about it but it was grand - I ended up getting 3 x 5kgs bags of duck necks that had only gone into their freezer that morning so were completely thawed out by the time I was sorting them in the evening - SO handy :D

Slaney's aren't sealed.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Slaney's aren't sealed.

Yeah got some earlier at Dog Expo. Doesn't matter - I can just bag them myself. Couldn't convince my friend to take some tripe lol!

20% off orders until 24th of March with the code Shamrock btw. I'll have to make some room in the freezer now for an order next week! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Food didn't smell very fresh.

Yeah I've found that from every order I've gotten from DFD, and Slaney Meats. I actually think they've got the same supplier, they're both packaged the same and smell the same. I prefer Dogs First products, they never smell

• Advertisement

Yeah I've found that from every order I've gotten from DFD, and Slaney Meats. I actually think they've got the same supplier, they're both packaged the same and smell the same. I prefer Dogs First products, they never smell

That smell is delicious tripe!! :p After trying an array of giant dry treats - pizzle, scalp etc over the last few weeks I've decided tripe is nowhere near as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

I actually don't mind the smell of tripe, not saying i like it but i've smelled worse! The mince doesn't smell of tripe it's more a not fresh smell if ya get me! My dogs didn't get sick from it but they've iron stomachs and it takes something really bad to set them off. I just think for what i paid for it the quality wasn't there. Plus my cat wouldn't eat any of them and she's a greedy bugger who's been known to eat chips and pasta so for her to leave meat it says something?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

tk123 wrote: »
    That smell is delicious tripe!! :p After trying an array of giant dry treats - pizzle, scalp etc over the last few weeks I've decided tripe is nowhere near as bad.

I wouldn't mind if the smell was from the tripe bags, I have my nose plugs at the ready for them, but it was from the lamb and beef and hearts bags too :eek:

Advertisement