Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i leave prepay power???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

This post has been deleted.
    she ha ame issue with bord gais at the time and they accepted clearing arrears via metering,still have the meter in place today with no issues :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    if she offered to clear the arrears via metering would they accept that proposal???

You will have to ask them this as nobody here can answer for any company/service provider.

I would ring them in the morning and see what they say.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You will have to ask them this as nobody here can answer for any company/service provider.

I would ring them in the morning and see what they say.

No one had the experience of going back despite arrears???would be interesting to know,i'll be onto them tomorrow

can anyone here say hands down that the esb are cheaper than prepay power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Ah yes the infamous MPRN number that gave so much grief trying to obtain in the past,cant remember how we actually got it though.

the MPRN is on your bill.....

every on eis cheaper then prepay.

Prepay only match ESB's standing rate and then add 37.5 C extra per day.

NO One should pay standard rate,sing up get a 12, 18 or 24 month discount. once this expires then change supplier.

easy as that.

ted1 wrote: »
    every on eis cheaper then prepay.

Prepay only match ESB's standing rate and then add 37.5 C extra per day.

NO One should pay standard rate,sing up get a 12, 18 or 24 month discount. once this expires then change supplier.

easy as that.
    got the mprn number,now looking to leave prepay power,costing me 140 a month on a 3 bed terraced house :mad:

got the mprn number,now looking to leave prepay power,costing me 140 a month on a 3 bed terraced house :mad:

what have you done to reduce this?
    have you put in LED or CFL Bulbs?LEDs pay for them selves in a few months.

how old are your appliances? A rated appliances will be cheaper to run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

what have you done to reduce this?.

Leaving prepay is a good start.

• Advertisement

what have you done to reduce this?
    have you put in LED or CFL Bulbs?LEDs pay for them selves in a few months.

how old are your appliances? A rated appliances will be cheaper to run.

The appliances are either A or B rated,the energy saver bulbs are what we have,and they were all bought brand new.even in the summer the bills are crazy

PPP do not even match EI. They are now 2% dearer since Jan 1. That was the final straw for me.

I havent given PPP the good news yet and they wont get me into a new contract either

You don't give them the good news, your new supplier does.

Better again

Do PPP come and remove their meter then???

What happened with me was that they contacted me a few days after sending my request to Airtricity. They wanted me to stay and offered 40 top up to lock in for another 12 months. I said no and they gave a 60 digit code that puts the meter into credit mode so no more top ups are needed.

They were supposed to come last Saturday to remove the meter. They did not show up.

Puts the meter in credit mode???so who do you owe the money to after it goes to credit mode???i want that thing out as soon as i switch f**k that!!!did you get back onto them to remove it???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Our PPP costs us about €105 a month for 3 bed semi house.

• Advertisement

lukesmom wrote: »

Sounds cheap,but i started out like that when i got it,now i'm getting hammered

Basically, credit mode means the PPP meter stops charging you.

All sounds good,must get onto E.I tomorrow,i've been told avoid airtricity at all costs

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

lukesmom wrote: »

3 bed semi too, before January was costing us €20 per week top ups, since then two 60 digit codes have been I putted and now were using €27 per week with no change in usage, that's absurd imo

There has been a few sneaky increases in the last 2 months.

I'm starting to notice that since before christmas,so thats why i've decided to jump ship

3 bed semi too, before January was costing us €20 per week top ups, since then two 60 digit codes have been I putted and now were using €27 per week with no change in usage, that's absurd imo
    I top up the same day every week but i'm noticing its gradually costing more over time,what offers have E.I at the moment does anyone know,cheapest option needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Yes, prepay power and pinergy charge at least €13 extra per month on top of the standing charge and bill for your electricity usage.

Cheapest operator for standard(not level pay) rate electricity bill is bord gais at the moment as long as you pay by direct debit.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Yes, prepay power and pinergy charge at least €13 extra per month on top of the standing charge and bill for your electricity usage.

Did you try both companies???

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-gas-electricity-prices/electricity/

Fill out that, according to my usage I can save €300 a year by switching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

That's mad we've been with them since they started out and haven't noticed any increase here at all.

Advertisement