Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger T3 or Evod users

Options
  • 01-02-2014 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Is anybody else still using Kanger T3 or Evod or am I the only one?
    If any T3 and Evod users out there, please tell where do you order your heads?

T3 - I had a few heads for that kept me going since last autumn. Now, can't find the T3 heads. Ordered the newer T3S clearomiser instead, but so far not impressed.

Evod - had the litle heads for several months, not sure if original or not but was happy enough. Got some new Evod heads since, a bit longer compared to what I had, but they just gave burned taste. Last week ordered some Universal BottomCoil for Kanger from thebestshop.eu that should work for Evod, but again not great results.

Not intending to try other clearomiser types just now, until THE ONE will be invented. If already invented, please let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

as far as I know the t3 has been replaced by the t3s, kinda similar but the heads are different. I think its a case of upgrading the t3 out of the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Not entirely sure. It's a bit confusing. Ask the shop where you got it from why the heads are different.

Bart in the best shop seems to have a good understanding about the various kanger heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I use both, well, the t3s and evod anyway.

You can change a t3 to a t3s by simply getting a t3s base and the heads.

My two main clearos now though are the protank 2 and evod, mainly because they use the same heads. I tend to use the protank with my mod and the evod with the evod twist, which is a great combo for out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aka7

To: Fratton Fred
    If you don't mind can you tell me where you buy your heads for Evod? Are the heads you use the short or longer type?
    Do you have any issues overall with Evod heads?

Thanks to anybody trying to be helpful.

aka7 wrote: »
    To: Fratton Fred
    If you don't mind can you tell me where you buy your heads for Evod? Are the heads you use the short or longer type?
    Do you have any issues overall with Evod heads?

Thanks to anybody trying to be helpful.

Usually from e-smoke Ireland or thebestshop.eu

I use the long ones that fit both, but I rebuild my own with cotton most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

I buy 1.5 Ohm heads from thebestshop, and they work just fine. Hubby and I both use Evods.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aka7

I should have mentioned, I am using Ego batery. I know a lot of vapers are using better bateries. If a batery would make much difference, what is a reliable not very expensive one?
    Thanks again

aka7 wrote: »
    I should have mentioned, I am using Ego batery. I know a lot of vapers are using better bateries. If a batery would make much difference, what is a reliable not very expensive one?
    Thanks again

A normal ego or a twist?

I recently bought an evod twist and it complements the evod clearo perfectly. Or, for a few quid more, the innoken itaste vv vw version 3 is an excellent bit of kit. Both are available at www.vaperus.ie www.thebestshop.eu and www.e-smokeireland.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

I've had a couple of Twist batteries for a while and since I started vaping exclusively a week ago, one of the batteries has started to die on me, ie. not holding charge more than an hour or two, then dying. I'm ordering a few of the Innokin MVPs tomorrow for the long battery life, and hopefully better quality. The Twists are great for out and about but I want to stay off the fags and reliable equipment is the only way that's going to happen. With lots of spares! Also, I use evods a lot and they're grand but I ordered the replacement heads from esmoke there last week and it just didn't work the same afterwards, I'm pretty sure the resistance is different with them than the actual evods they sell. Could be wrong though, I just ordered them assuming they'd work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Eff Four wrote: »
    Also, I use evods a lot and they're grand but I ordered the replacement heads from esmoke there last week and it just didn't work the same afterwards, I'm pretty sure the resistance is different with them than the actual evods they sell. Could be wrong though, I just ordered them assuming they'd work fine.

Your best bet with stuff like this is to contact the vendor directly and ask them. E-smoke Ireland have a reputation of looking after their customers so I'd just get in contact and ask. Because you could be right but none of us will be able to answer that question for you accurately and it's something I think you should know, because having good performing reliable vape gear as you said is important.

If you like the eGo Twists take a look at the Kanger version, I find them slightly more reliable than the Joyetech version. Not sure if it's just me or not but I've had less Kangers go faulty on me. Also I think if you've only had a battery for a week or two you could be entitled for a replacement, again I'd contact the vendor and see what they say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Eff Four

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Your best bet with stuff like this is to contact the vendor directly and ask them. E-smoke Ireland have a reputation of looking after their customers so I'd just get in contact and ask. Because you could be right but none of us will be able to answer that question for you accurately and it's something I think you should know, because having good performing reliable vape gear as you said is important.

If you like the eGo Twists take a look at the Kanger version, I find them slightly more reliable than the Joyetech version. Not sure if it's just me or not but I've had less Kangers go faulty on me. Also I think if you've only had a battery for a week or two you could be entitled for a replacement, again I'd contact the vendor and see what they say!

Thanks for the advice Sticky. I bought the kanger twist starter pack last July or August, I used them sporadically up until last week when I packed in the fags for good, so I don't think a replacement is in order. I will however contact them about the resistance of the evod/protank replacement heads. In fairness I should've read the description before ordering. I like the twist style in one sense because it's easy to have out and about, but I want something with a longer battery life now. I don't mind spending more than I would on another twist, if it lasts me a while. After all if it weren't for vaping I would still be stuck smoking out in the pissing rain, hating it and spending 70 quid a week for the privilege!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Evods - possibly one of the most reliable of the lower priced clearo's IMO. I use them all the time still. After about a week's use of each, I give the coils a good rinse out, boiling water, in a bowl - a few fresh rinses, and leave them to dry. I get a couple of months out of each coils this way before they start acting up. And at that I have re-built a few along the way to freshen them up, as it's probably the easiest coil build you'll ever do.

I buy a blister pack every now and then on top. I never runout of coils for them.

I didn't get on so well with other Kanger clearo's. Almost all of them began to leak on me after a while.

Advertisement