Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for next to nothing in AH

Options
  • 01-02-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

I got a yellow card for next to nothing in an after hours thread. Followed up by a banning when I questioned the mods decision. At no point was I abusive or insulting . Can somebody please look into this as it was extremely harsh and the mod in question was herself abusive to me by PM, telling me to "lighten up".
    This is not very professional behaviour at all by a mod.

The mod in question, whoopsadaisydoodles, in fact posted this comment to one of my replies "Quote:

"Dude, if that's the best thing you ever did you really gotta do more things."

Here is a link to the thread in question
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057136173&page=5

I feel the moderator in this case had a personal vendetta against me and used this opportunity to ban me for nothing.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Just next to nothing there is something to look at I am afraid.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88786055#post88786055
    You were needlessly personal there and got a yellow card as a result of it.
    This is only fair IMO.
    Insulting the spelling ability of others.... It does not exactly lead to good discussion. It's a drive-by jibe.

You then questioned the mods decision on thread.... And for that you got banned.

Next time you think you've been unfairly treated take it up with the mod in private. Posting about a perceived injustice on thread is derailing the thread.

With the above in mind I feel the ban is reasonable and can uphold it. Feel free to take this up further with an admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

And what about the drive by jibe by the poster which led to my yellow card? It was equally as bad if not worse than mine.

And if my post was needlessly personal, then the moderator who banned me, whoopsadaisydoodles, post towards me was also needlessly personal, as was her PM to me telling me to "lighten up".

It seems genuinely that theirs one rule for one, and another rule for moderators.

Report the other post and it will be looked at.... Being honest it has got little to do with your DRP in any case.

"Lighten up" is an instruction. If you had lightened up, you would not be discussing a ban.

Feel free to appeal to an admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Report the other post and it will be looked at.....

I have reported it already, but doesnt seem anything was done about it.

Can you tell me when my ban expires please?

I think around 10pm tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The ban expired over a week ago and there was no further comment from the OP.

Marking as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement