Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360, Lg tv and minx tv with optical out

• 01-02-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭

So I want to setup the xbox to work with my sound system. I already have the TV working through the sound system so I presumed this would be easy.

So the tv has an optical port as does the minx sound system and the xbox. So i have tried different connections using the optical cable but I cannot get the sound to work with the xbox.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

can't you just do hdmi from xbox to tv? TV is already playing through sound system, so that should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Luck100 wrote: »
    can't you just do hdmi from xbox to tv? TV is already playing through sound system, so that should work.

I have the xbox linked to the TV through HDMI but it doesn't seem to carry the sound!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

It should, hdmi does video and sound. Not familiar with xbox but I know on PS3 there's a setup menu where you select audio options for hdmi, optical, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Sorted thanks.

Advertisement