Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Lagging while doing anything semi stressful

Options
  • 01-02-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Basically, since about 3 weeks ago my PC has been lagging terribly while playing games/watching streams. Before this started happening I was able to watch a stream on twitch.tv & also play a video game at the same time with 0 computer lag. Now when I do it my pc lags to the point of almost freezing. I think this could be a problem with my GPU as it is not working as it used to. What is wrong with my PC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Run Task Manager / Performance tab

start a game and see how much RAM and CPU is being used?

Did you install any software around the time that this began that could be using resources?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Broski.dll

johndoe99 wrote: »
    Run Task Manager / Performance tab

start a game and see how much RAM and CPU is being used?

Did you install any software around the time that this began that could be using resources?
    cc6c034fb4ac9024525e994c03f56710.png

And also I did not install any software around the time that it began.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

are there any driver updates available for your GPU?

Have you run a virus/malware scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Broski.dll

johndoe99 wrote: »
    are there any driver updates available for your GPU?

Have you run a virus/malware scan?

Yes but the update causes my screen to go black when windows boots & I log in. And yes I've ran a virus scan.

Advertisement