Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Email from Apple

• 01-02-2014 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi all a little advice please I'm regularly getting an email claiming to be from apple which I doot believe is actually from apple so how do I check out if it's legit,one of the reasons opinion wary is because it claims I amlocked out of my itunes acc and to get it back click on link to secure browser window and follow instruction,only I'm not locked out.......here's a copy of the email.please advise Dear Apple Customer,

"To get back into your apple account, you'll need to confirm your account . It's easy: Click the link below to open a secure browser window. Confirm that you're the owner of the account and then follow the instructions. .

Update Now >

Before log in your account will be Confirmed, let us know right away. Reporting it is important because it helps us prevent fraudsters from stealing your information. Yours sincerely, apple ."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 FortuneWookiee

It's a phishing mail. Ignore it and block the sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

It's a phishing mail. Ignore it and block the sender.

Hi how can I do that I'm suing an ipad if that helps any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 FortuneWookiee

I think mail has to be filtered before it gets to your iPad so login via a web page (as opposed to the mail app) and within the email your provider (gmail for example) should have an option to 'Block Sender'.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Bulmers

Got this email today into my work email , clicked the link and watched what addresses came up in explorer bar..Manila,Philippines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Just ignore them, Apple rarely send emails and normally its all sales.

If there is a problem with you account , you will know when you log in

Do not click on a link, if its real, it will tell you to log in and not click this link

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

Here are some links to help identify spam email

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4899

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

Advertisement