Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zooplus

• 01-02-2014 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ordered from them? Just looking for experiences.
    We feed pedigree ( I know, but he's 14 so not changing it now) and pay about €8.50 for a 3kg bag. I can get a 15kg bag from zooplus for €40 so that's quite a saving.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

ryanf1 wrote: »
    We feed pedigree ( I know, but he's 14 so not changing it now) and pay about €8.50 for a 3kg bag. I can get a 15kg bag from zooplus for €40 so that's quite a saving.

I order off them all the time! I've had a couple of lost orders years ago but only when using DHL as the courier - never a problem and always faster using GLS. Make sure you compare prices on the different zooplus sites too because the prices and they'll have offers on one site but not another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭weisses

Same here ...using them all the time ,,,No hassle at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

I'm confused... The maths?

15kg is 5 times the amount.
    5 x 8.50 is 42.50 is it not?

Is it really worth it? For 2 fiddy?

We've bought non-food items from them and find them great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Hooked wrote: »
    I'm confused... The maths?

15kg is 5 times the amount.
    5 x 8.50 is 42.50 is it not?

Is it really worth it? For 2 fiddy?

We've bought non-food items from them and find them great!

Just looked on tesco website and it's there at 9.15 for 3kg so that's roughly €46 for the 15kg from zooplus for €40.80. It seems to work out cheaper the more you buy. You can get 2x15kg bags for €70 so that's another €10 saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just checked Amazon UK, 15 kg for around GBP 25 with shipping included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Have purchased from them many times over the last few years and never had an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I'v ordered from them dozens of times, from my memory I'v only had 1 issue with them. There packaging used to be fairly poor. Had one particularly awful box arrive, few tins a bit dented but all still usable but the box was in an awful state, very lucky that nothing had fallen out of the big tear down the side. They seem to have improved packaging since, this was at least 2 years ago and I haven't had a problem since.

Takes about 5 working days for things to get to me, I always go for the dhl option and it arrives through an post. I'v ordered from both the .ie and .co.uk site and just yesterday ordered from the .de site as I noticed there was a huge price difference in what I was ordering. Just use google translate or if your using chrome it'l automatically give you the option to translate the webpage to english.

Personally I'v never noticed it to be much cheaper with them for the usual supermarket food brands (the likes of pedigree, whiskas etc.), the reason I use them is for the more obscure higher quality foods not available from pet shops here.

Your not open to switching brands are you?

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Takes about 5 working days for things to get to me, I always go for the dhl option and it arrives through an post.

I find them so slow though compared to GLS. That said I live 20 mins from the depot and even better work 5 mins from it so get the delivery first thing! :D Eg last week my parcel arrived with an post on Thursday at 1:00am ish and wasn't delivered on Monday... When it hits GLS at that time it's delivered the hours later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

tk123 wrote: »
    I find them so slow though compared to GLS. That said I live 20 mins from the depot and even better work 5 mins from it so get the delivery first thing! :D Eg last week my parcel arrived with an post on Thursday at 1:00am ish and wasn't delivered on Monday... When it hits GLS at that time it's delivered the hours later!

Does GLS get delivered by courier though? I always seem to miss the delivery so it's handy for me that the post office is just around the corner I can go pick it up. If it's delivered by courier I'd be afraid it'd go back to the depot and have to be picked up. I might give them a try for my next order, I don't mind the wait once I remember to order early but at the same time I do be excited in anticipation of it's arrival :P

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Does GLS get delivered by courier though? I always seem to miss the delivery so it's handy for me that the post office is just around the corner I can go pick it up. If it's delivered by courier I'd be afraid it'd go back to the depot and have to be picked up. I might give them a try for my next order, I don't mind the wait once I remember to order early but at the same time I do be excited in anticipation of it's arrival :P

Yeah GLS are the courier - I think you can reschedule if you miss it or collect from the depot. I usually get it sent to work anyways so worry of missing it and the mail room guys will wheel it out and lift it into the car for me if it's giant/very heavy lol! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I think zooplus should have a discount for boards users, I'd say a good bit of their business comes through people discovering it on here! I wouldn't have heard of it if it wasn't for boards and I'd say they've gotten a few hundred out of me at this stage, and I haven't even started ordering food from them yet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Have been ordering my dog and cat food for years off them and their service is excellent. Only once I think an order went missing but zooplus just replace it anyway free of charge obviously. I had always used GLS courier, but on this months order they ve changed courier option to DPD, I assume they'll be as good as gls which always got the order to me in 4 days.

Anyway cant recommend Zooplus highly enough, excellent high quality foods you cant buy here and excellent service/customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Ah, went with DHL before. If I'd realised it would go courier I would have gone GLS for sure! Our postman doesn't even try to see if anyone's home. I've been left chasing him impotently down the road before, after he just slipped a card through right in front of me! I've complained to the post office and all, but never makes any difference.

Will most definitely go GLS for my next catfood order!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Change to Markus Mühle NaturNah; that way you get the same price but at least you're not serving Cornflakes with meat flavour (cereals primary ingredient) but something noticeably better.

ferretone wrote: »
    Ah, went with DHL before. If I'd realised it would go courier I would have gone GLS for sure! Our postman doesn't even try to see if anyone's home. I've been left chasing him impotently down the road before, after he just slipped a card through right in front of me! I've complained to the post office and all, but never makes any difference.

Will most definitely go GLS for my next catfood order!

DPD appears to be the courier service they're using now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Where I live DHL/An Post provides the better service for me.

I find GLS terrible. They deliver at different times and they are difficult to track. In my area they always use a 'contract' driver when they are busy. The same guy appears each time in his battered (non-GLS) van. He is always rushing, dumps the parcel and sometimes doesn't even look for a signature. Another time the same guy lied about me not been home when I was!

On other forums on boards, lots of people have complained about GLS.

I also found with Zooplus if there are 2 or more parcels they can sometimes split the delivery between DHL/An Post and GLS. I find this can be a hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

OP, have you got a maxizoo anywhere near you? They're doing the 15kg bags for 28 euro at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Ordered some dog leads from them. As advertised and delivered in good time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I buy from zooplus.de
    better discount. any issue i have ever had was dealt with by phone. either re delivery or money back

The other thing with Zooplus is that once you have placed your order you can't cancel it straight away online. You have to wait for An Post to attempt delivery - meet the delivery guy and tell him to return package to sender (for free). When Zooplus receive it they will give a full refund.

In comparison Amazon allow you to cancel online if you are quick enough. But once the package is dispatched that is it. You can return it but you will have to pay for postage - unless you can come up with a good reason why Amazon should pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

Great service from Zooplus, order everything from there for the last 3 years.

The couriers vary, and we have had a few problems due to damaged or delayed shipping, but zooplus's customer service is EXCELLENT.

Burst bag of litter in your package? Here's money back, or money off your next order.
    Damaged goods? Resent whole delivery with more packing x2.

The reviews on site are spot on aswell, we bought a large ceiling height cat tree for peanuts when they were on offer, several reviews said it was an excellent product but the metal frame in the hammock would snap in time, which it did, but it still works, its just a bit saggy.

I've gotten free gifts in especially large orders, the zooplus points rack up and we get loads of free toys with them etc

I've looked but seen no difference in prices between .ie and .de for the products we routinely buy.

Subscribe to their mailing list and buy in bulk when the deals are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

One small problem with the ordering system we encountered, when using zooplus points to get free stuff, if you don't go through with the order, the points may get taken off your account.

Rips wrote: »
    One small problem with the ordering system we encountered, when using zooplus points to get free stuff, if you don't go through with the order, the points may get taken off your account.

That shouldnt happen. If the order reaches zooplus and theres a payment problem /you dont follow through, and youve used your points with that order, they will re-credit the points as soon as either you re-order or the original order gets officially cancelled, which I think takes a few days. You dont lose your points though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

odckdo wrote: »
    The other thing with Zooplus is that once you have placed your order you can't cancel it straight away online. You have to wait for An Post to attempt delivery - meet the delivery guy and tell him to return package to sender (for free). When Zooplus receive it they will give a full refund.

I had always thought this was the case too, and it is.. sort of! I bungled an order a few months ago, and rang them a few minutes afterwards. They duly cancelled the order and took my newly amended order there and then on the phone. Admittedly, having to ring them was a pain, and it cost me the price of the call, but there is a mechanism for doing it :o

Otherwise, I've found they've improved a lot over the years, as others have said, the packaging is better, as is their customer service. I've had no problems at all with GLS, but I think that's often down to the individual delivery guy. The lad who delivers to this area is a gem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

Been ordering off them for about 3 years for birds, dogs and cats with only a few minor issues over packing when ordering a lot and things got squashed.

Always check their different sites. zooplus.ie zooplus.de etc as there can often be a large price difference for the exact same products or different special offers on offer. The .ie site also has a smaller selection so I tend to use the german one to get what I need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Ordering with them awhile, no issues at all.

DBB wrote: »
    I had always thought this was the case too, and it is.. sort of! I bungled an order a few months ago, and rang them a few minutes afterwards. They duly cancelled the order and took my newly amended order there and then on the phone.

That is good to know - makes things alot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Been ordering form the continously over the past 7 years i have never had any issues at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I've been using them since I got Cooper last year. I normally order from the .de (german) website as they stock the Bozita wet food in better varieties, quantities and prices than the .uk site (it's not even on the .ie website). I find it odd that different websites (ie the .co.uk vs .de) have different stock on them - different foods, toys etc considering it all comes out the same warehouse in Germany. My deliveries normally arrive about 3 days after I place them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Just noticed today that Zooplus has put up their delivery charges, used to be a flat 6.99 from the .de site, has gone up to 9.90 (DPS) and 10.40 (DHL) and the Irish site has gone up from 4.99 to 5.40 (It still states 4.90 on the delivery cost page, but in your shopping basket its 5.40!

Advertisement