Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute to Donnybrook

Options
  • 02-02-2014 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Apologies if this has been covered before.

I work in Donnybrook and am currently looking to buy a house in Navan/Slane/Trim. Know the area fairly well but never done the drive at rush hour.

Looking at old threads a lot seem to be before the m3 upgrade. Have to be in work for about 8.30. Would I be optimistic to think you'd do the journey in an hour and twenty minutes. Would be grateful for anyone working on the southside to share their experiences of a similar commute.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I did the drive from Trim to the RDS for a a few days last week and it was a bloody nightmare! I only had to be there for 9.30 so I'd imagine an 8.30 deadline would be even worse. Give yourself at least 1.5 to 1.75 hours and don't forget you have to do it all again in the evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RuHoBo

I did the drive from Trim to the RDS for a a few days last week and it was a bloody nightmare! I only had to be there for 9.30 so I'd imagine an 8.30 deadline would be even worse. Give yourself at least 1.5 to 1.75 hours and don't forget you have to do it all again in the evening!

Thanks for the feedback, I should probably clarify I work on nutley lane so turn off there. I currently live in Dublin 24 so get on the M50 in the mornings at Firhouse so am fairly familiar with the last stage of the journey. Any ideas how long it was taking you to get to Firhouse exit? Thanks again.

From Trim to the M50 via the M4 would take about 45/50 minutes depending on how bad the actual traffic down on the M50 is. If it's blocked then you could add another 10 minutes crawl time to cover the last 1km of the N4.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭duffalosoldier

This sounds very familiar!
    Im looking to buy in the Kells area and commute to Ballsbridge. Im told if I leave at 6.40 i'll be at my desk for 8. Leave at 7 and il be lucky to make if for 9. Also told by those currently commuting that traffic is getting heavier!!
    Would be interested to hear how youre getting on.

Also told by those currently commuting that traffic is getting heavier!!

100% true! In the last 8-9 months the traffic on my commute has increased by what seems to be about 50%. I know that's not scientific but it seems like it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement