Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know is this boat building course any good?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

should be ok,but most boats are fiberglass now so it would not be for a career

http://www.indeed.co.uk/Boat-Builder-jobs

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

It looks like a good place to start if you want to get into boatbuilding, if you just want to build a boat for yourself I can help you out with that on the sailing & boating page.
    There is still a need for woodworkers on all kinds of boats from fitting out barges to repairing small lake boats, as long as your work is to a high standard there is endless amounts of work for some one with the right skills. It's a dying art and there has been a lack of courses over the last few years so it may be a good time to be one of the next generation :)

Help me bring back wooden boats they are soooo much nicer than those white plastic things :D Check out my crackerbox build in the link below and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

..........link missing?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

great pics, nice work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 CMARTY10

http://dfei.ie/day/crafts/boat-building-creative-craft

or anyone know if the other woodcraft courses in dun laoghaire are good?

looks interesting.did you apply for it?

mailed them but they've stopped running it

Advertisement